Author Topic: Faith's Progress 2.0  (Read 35478 times)

Offline TSL_NB

Re: Faith's Progress 2.0
« Reply #940 on: March 30, 2021, 11:34:04 pm »
Hey Faith...I'm sorry that happened.   
But, like Danielle said, keep on keepin' on, sis!  And, you look fantastic! :)
-Vivian
It took over 40 years to realise, and believe, that what I am NOT, is a mistake.

(Yes, I'm a Canadian who served in the US Navy....)

Offline Faith

« Reply #941 on: April 02, 2021, 12:02:10 pm »
1st electrolysis appointment yesterday afternoon. Some below, some neck. I wanted sampling of pain vs reaction.

Well, pain was .. it wasn't. I could have laid there for hours. well, except she works alone and I helped hold skin (and things) out of the way. 45 mins below and 15 mins neck. The neck really reacted last night, looked ugly. By morning, it was just red.

I know I didn't get the most sensitive places done but it does bode well.

Offline RandiL

• Formerly RandyL
  • On the way
« Reply #942 on: April 02, 2021, 02:00:32 pm »
Faith, I'm glad you're started on electrolysis. I'm so happy with the improvement in my looks, and I feel the hairs a lot less now.

My electrologist has me use witch hazel followed by aloe vera gel and I think it really speeds the healing. The witch hazel is a toner and it turns my skin red when I apply it, but that soon subsides and my skin feels much better. I use it after shaving now too.

Sent from my dual-floppy Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

Forging my new, best life as Randi

My personal blog thread: Randi the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

My HRT thread: Randi's HRT Journal

Offline Faith

« Reply #943 on: April 06, 2021, 08:33:45 am »
Not a good day. Neither was yesterday.  Just thought I'd throw it out there *sigh*

Online davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #944 on: April 06, 2021, 09:25:41 am »
Hugs dear ,having a nothing working out on the hot rod day so came back home and it was snowing. Sending you some positivity XXXX
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Offline AllieSF

• Ain't Life Grand!!
« Reply #945 on: April 06, 2021, 02:29:25 pm »
Faith,

One of those hard personal work days.  Do your best because tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your life.  Go for it.

Hugs and stuff,

Allie
HRT - February 2017
Full Time - July 2018
Orchi - January 2018
BA - September 25, 2019
FFS - January 10, 2020
GRS - TBDDD (To Be Determined, Decision and Date)

Offline Faith

« Reply #946 on: April 08, 2021, 06:42:47 am »
Yes, I flip flop everywhere and I don't mean those garbage sandals that I refuse to wear. I know most of my triggers, resolving them  or the inability thereof, is the heart of the problems.

That said .. sometimes I grab a photo for one reason (in this case, trying to get how I dressed in one photo) anyways, for one reason and like it for a completely different reason .. like this one:

Weather was warm, friend was picking on me and mentioned 'halter top weather' so I took the photo to show him that I was wearing one. It's possible that I maybe shouldn't have shown him that one .. Hah!

Offline Faith

« Reply #947 on: April 10, 2021, 06:01:42 am »
2nd electrolysis session last night. Pain? what pain?  I felt nothing. Electrologist was very happy (me too) she stated that she was surprised at the progress and how much she was able to clear.  YAY!!  Keep it up!!

Offline RandiL

• Formerly RandyL
  • On the way
« Reply #948 on: April 10, 2021, 11:45:40 am »
2nd electrolysis session last night. Pain? what pain?  I felt nothing. Electrologist was very happy (me too) she stated that she was surprised at the progress and how much she was able to clear.  YAY!!  Keep it up!!
Faith, I'm glad you have a good pain management solution for your electrolysis. It's so gratifying to get much of the clearing done (mine calls it thinning the herd). I notice it now when shaving -- not much to do on the cheeks any more. We're now focusing under the chin and on the neck.

My personal blog thread: Randi the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

Offline Faith

« Reply #949 on: April 10, 2021, 11:49:55 am »
Faith, I'm glad you have a good pain management solution for your electrolysis. It's so gratifying to get much of the clearing done (mine calls it thinning the herd). I notice it now when shaving -- not much to do on the cheeks any more. We're now focusing under the chin and on the neck.

Mine's all a bit 'south of the border'. If/when it gets thinned out enough we'll split time and work on neck and face.  I had to start on the area that bothered me more even though I'm the only one who sees it.

Offline Faith

« Reply #950 on: April 15, 2021, 06:19:19 am »
Went to our local park Tuesday evening. Nice day, got chilly though, my mood crashed and I went home. However, I think I looked pretty good for feeling like garbage (as opposed to the word that the forum won't let me use)

Dysphoria has been kicking my butt recently :(

Online davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #951 on: April 15, 2021, 07:35:59 am »
About time you kicked back, give that dysphoria a punch on the nose. TBH Faith I dont think you could look bad if you tried! XXX
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Offline Faith

« Reply #952 on: April 17, 2021, 05:40:40 pm »
About time you kicked back, give that dysphoria a punch on the nose. TBH Faith I dont think you could look bad if you tried! XXX

Thanks Davina. I can always count on you for a pick-me-up. I disagree though, I can definitely look bad.

Speaking of looks and dysphoria, I had a trigger event today, caught me off guard. I almost broke down but a bit of breathing exercise and a mantra stemmed the worst of it. Unfortunately it left behind that feeling of worthlessness and despair.

Will it ever get better, I have my doubts.

Offline RandiL

• Formerly RandyL
  • On the way
« Reply #953 on: April 17, 2021, 08:41:14 pm »
Faith, I'm sorry you had to suffer through a trigger event. I'm glad you have some coping methods to get through the worst if it.

I'm with Davina, you look great in your photos.

Tags: