Author Topic: More difficult to live as a non-op trans woman than as a post-op trans woman?  (Read 1920 times)

Offline Linde

• Full time for some time
I am post op. I personally dont care one bit what you do. You want to be a unicorn, dont matter to me. You want to be a girl with a bear ok whatever. You want to be a guy that wears a dress I dont care.

I hope you understand that I REALLY REALLY dont care what you do. What is good to know is if your happy. That is all I really care about.

Katie
I am with you Katie, I am semi post-op (orchi), and have as little clothing restrictions as any post-op person can have.  I am on the same hormones, and all is the same as post-op.  But i don't really care what is going on with an individual person, as long as that person does not interfere with my life.

Offline Ellie_Arroway

• ellie_arroway@susans.org
When I was discussing this on another website, the other day, a post-op trans woman told me that I shouldn’t call myself a binary trans woman because a binary trans woman would die over the fact of having a penis between her legs permanently. She insisted that non-binary was my label. It kind of made me feel enraged and feel sorry for her narrow mindedness at the same time.
I mean, I am a woman, whatever my parts are.

You are absolutely correct.

I haven't made my decision on SRS, and it's years away for me even if I do choose to do it. I'm not even sure whether I'm going to do hormones! I may decide not to because of a family history of breast cancer. What good are hormones to me if I then get breast cancer? So I'll have to weigh that decision up.

And I've a long wait before I even have to make that decision! (UK NHS...)

I am a trans woman which is a subcategory of woman just as an equilateral triangle is a subcategory of triangle. It isn't that I have known since a young age or anything like that; all I knew from a young age was that I was significantly different than most boys. When I started experimenting, I found that I was considerably happier living life as a woman than as a man in nearly all experiments that I've carried out.

I accept the hardships that come with being female too. I wore pointed stilettos to an interview today. They absolutely killed my toes! If I was non-binary, I could have worn men's shoes to that interview; perhaps even I could have presented as male to it. There's just no way I was going to do that. I used to say for a long time that if I ever tried presenting as a woman, I'd do the best job I could. Well, now I'm doing it.

You're definitely in the club.

Ellie
Started seriously questioning: 24 Aug 2019
Referred to GIC: 23 Sep 2019
Full-time female presentation since: 21 Oct 2019, unbroken since 12 Dec 2019
Official name change by deed poll: 11 Nov 2019
HRT: "kind of" started 15 Jul 2020
Most of my story is in the Just another mtf tale thread!
Twitch streamer MusicEllie

Offline Pammie

I have a very difficult time imagining anyone who considers themselves as transgender who feel 100% ok with the body given at birth.
I can certainly understand that. When I decided that it was the right time to go full time I knew I wanted GRS eventually and 26 months on i’m even more certain. I can’t afford to go private so will have to be a longish wait on the NHS. I do have body dysphoria but given how wonderful everything else is I can live with it for now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BrightWindow

• Friend
I tried for a long time to accept my genitalia as they are (as for a long time I viewed SRS as too expensive (didn't know the NHS covered it,) too dangerous, too much hassle with post-op care, better to accept myself) but I couldn't accept them. I don't feel they belong to me and I find it difficult to imagine a future without SRS. To be honest it's not as though using the toilet is torture or anything, it doesn't give me strong immediate displeasure to see or touch them, but I just really feel I need SRS. I wish it were sooner but I can probably manage the next few years until I am at the end of NHS waiting list and have been on E for a year or two.
Profile picture credit:
"Nastasia (Modern)" by fawfulthegreat64
https://www.deviantart.com/fawfulthegreat64/art/Nastasia-Modern-Super-Paper-Mario-10th-676052566
Used with consent.

Offline Ellie_Arroway

• ellie_arroway@susans.org
Just for the avoidance of doubt here, I don't feel 100% OK with the body I have; that's not what I'm saying. If there were no negative consequences I'd go for hormones and SRS in a heartbeat. But I have to consider the possible risks. In my case, the risks may be low enough that I'll be doing both of them anyway, especially if I consider the risks outweighed by the benefits.

I think the same is true of the OP about not feeling 100% OK with the body she has.

Ellie
Started seriously questioning: 24 Aug 2019
Referred to GIC: 23 Sep 2019
Full-time female presentation since: 21 Oct 2019, unbroken since 12 Dec 2019
Official name change by deed poll: 11 Nov 2019
HRT: "kind of" started 15 Jul 2020
Most of my story is in the Just another mtf tale thread!
Twitch streamer MusicEllie

Tags: