Author Topic: Musings on the end of transition. To SRS or not  (Read 1031 times)

no-moose and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Linde

• Full time for some time
Re: Musings on the end of transition. To SRS or not
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2019, 08:48:51 am »
That's on your local legislators. My home state (Massachusetts) won't allow insurers to do business in the state if they don't provide coverage for transgender healthcare.
I happen to live in one of the most important states for right wingers, Florida.  This state helps to make or break presidential elections.  And the evangelicals fight like hell to keep us abominations as much closeted as it is possible!

Anyway, this does not change anything, because surgeons outside Florida don't disclose either which insurances they take!  Because there are only so few of them, they can afford to act like medical divas!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 02:42:55 pm by Linde »

Offline krobinson103

• Life is a journey, enjoy it!
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2019, 02:31:01 pm »
As much as the medical system in America seems complex you are lucky in one aspect. There are insurance plans that cover SRS. Here in New Zealand they are excluded and the national system is so underfunded and under resourced that it has no hope of ever keeping up with the demand. Its a lot of money and time to not only pay for srs, but also find a way to keep the money flowing for those 6-10 weeks out of work!

I'm lucky that I have a lot of capital in my house, but, the issue is do I want to go further into debt to pay for something that may in the end, be a non issue.
Every day is a totally awesome day
Every day provides opportunities and challenges
Every challenge leads to an opportunity
Every fear faced leads to one more strength
Every strength leads to greater success
Success leads to self esteem
Self Esteem leads to happiness.
Cherish every day.

Offline Linde

• Full time for some time
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2019, 02:54:14 pm »

I'm lucky that I have a lot of capital in my house, but, the issue is do I want to go further into debt to pay for something that may in the end, be a non issue.
That is what I am contemplating.  I am of an age that one night stands are not very likely anymore, I don't have a domestic partner either, and the way it looks like nobody seems to race to me to be one.  This means the vulva vagina would be only for me.  I don't know if I want to deplete my nest egg enough to pay lots of money for it.
And in fact, I am starting to get some guild feeling that I am "stealing" from the inheritance of my son.  I know that this is stupid, but my parents left some money behind for me,, and I have the strong feeling I need to do the same for my son.  Some kind of passing forward idea.
I now that nothing will change hormonal for me, because the testes are gone for good, and in that aspect I am as much of a woman as I ever can be (I should not forget the one ovary I seem to have), and in reality, the reassignment surgery is nothing but being decorative for me, and just for me, nobody else will likely see it ever.
I can wear any female bottom, even a bathing suit without having telltale bulging, because what I have left of my penis is absolutely atrophied, and is not able for years now, to show any sign of a possible erection.

Will it be an issue for me, or can I live for the rest of the life with what I have? (don't have)

Offline Bittydrew

• Friend
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2020, 01:07:55 pm »
Have the same thoughts to do it or not I'm sort of comfortable with myself as I am but just keep wondering about it always on my mind I do want to get a orchie if I don't want to get off the spiro badly....so my mind just keeps working on this problem do I or don't I not really comfortable with doctors but if it was my regular doctor doing it wouldn't be a issue I'd do it guess its trust in the doctor with me I have a gf that is getting the surgery in a few mths so gonna help her and be there for her I hope with the virus thing not letting too many people in the hospitals ...this is just gonna be a big issue for me since I keep bouncing back and fourth on this too...as my friend says she wants to be a complete woman which messes with my head does that mean if I don't I won't be a complete woman? Cause I really feel like one now just a little different in one part ..

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2020, 03:36:56 pm »
Have the same thoughts to do it or not I'm sort of comfortable with myself as I am but just keep wondering about it always on my mind I do want to get a orchie if I don't want to get off the spiro badly....so my mind just keeps working on this problem do I or don't I not really comfortable with doctors but if it was my regular doctor doing it wouldn't be a issue I'd do it guess its trust in the doctor with me I have a gf that is getting the surgery in a few mths so gonna help her and be there for her I hope with the virus thing not letting too many people in the hospitals ...this is just gonna be a big issue for me since I keep bouncing back and fourth on this too...as my friend says she wants to be a complete woman which messes with my head does that mean if I don't I won't be a complete woman? Cause I really feel like one now just a little different in one part ..

We are all as complete as we deem ourselves to be. The question is, do you feel comfortable in a relationship with someone who harbours these feelings, and may judge you on their own arbitrary scale? I wouldn't be.

If a woman loses her breasts to cancer, is she no longer a complete woman? I think most women would bristle at that hypothesis.
Veteran, US Army

Offline Pammie

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2020, 04:03:03 pm »
We are all as complete as we deem ourselves to be. The question is, do you feel comfortable in a relationship with someone who harbours these feelings, and may judge you on their own arbitrary scale? I wouldn't be.

If a woman loses her breasts to cancer, is she no longer a complete woman? I think most women would bristle at that hypothesis.
This is one of those things that SHOULD be very very personal and individual. My time on SP has shown me just how big a spectrum we are all part of. It certainly doesn’t seem fair to suggest a trans-woman Is incomplete if she doesn’t have GCS. For me it is 100% essential I get GCS but that’s just me and where I am on the spectrum. I wouldn’t and couldn’t judge anyone else for their views.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline pamelatransuk

• Finally taking action after decades of suppression
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2020, 06:53:22 am »
Hello again Bittydrew

I agree with Devlyn and Pammie. We each make our own decision for our own sake and our own happiness.

No surgery or Orchie or MDV or full GRS are all acceptable.

Hugs

Pamela xx

Offline Rachel

• Family
« Reply #27 on: Yesterday at 10:15:53 pm »
Hi, I just want to add, if you are not sure then pause. If you do not want pain from surgery then GCS may be something you fully investigate before going forward. I had a rough time and had 3 surgeries down there.You will also need to dilate routinely for the rest of your life or the vaginal canal will reduce in depth.

There is no rush or one way to transition.

I had no idea how much better I felt post op. That is me and my experience.

I also have fun with guys and having a vaginal canal is important to me for the way I like to experience sex.

Rachel
MTF in need of help link https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,133631.1980.html
MTF in need of help 2 link https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,251825.0.html
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas FemLar 10/13/2020

Tags: