Author Topic: What Made You Happy Today? 7.0  (Read 41976 times)

Offline Maria2018

Re: What Made You Happy Today? 7.0
« Reply #1120 on: June 02, 2021, 02:27:53 pm »
I went out into my back garden for a few minutes and realised my very pink socks were peeping out the top of my crocs. That wonderful feeling of seeing it and thinking, "Yep... that looks correct ".
Followed by the fear of, "OMG they're poking out the top of my crocs, and my back garden is overlooked by 3 different neighbours' houses!

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

"In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind,
Be more kind my friends, try to be more kind." - Frank Turner

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #1121 on: June 03, 2021, 03:46:38 am »
Just everything at the moment (apart from my lardy tum)
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Offline Pammie

• Up
« Reply #1122 on: June 03, 2021, 05:31:24 am »
Just everything at the moment (apart from my lardy tum)
That’s an almost entirely positive statement! Im glad so many things are going in the right direction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline RandiL

• Formerly RandyL
  • On the way
« Reply #1123 on: June 04, 2021, 10:09:28 pm »
Not really something to be pleased about in the larger picture, but this was affirming in its own negative way. Kind of like how my cat scratches the furniture while watching me because he knows this will get my attention lol.

Got a wolf whistle yesterday while running along the road in a nearby park. A truck drove by from behind me. My shoulder length hair was flying loose and I was wearing shorts and a top, but from behind I don't think there was anything else to gender me.

I sort of snickered because if that guy knew who I really was, well the joke's on him!

Sent from my dual-floppy Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

Forging my new, best life as Randi

My personal blog thread: Randi the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

My HRT thread: Randi's HRT Journal

Offline Faith

« Reply #1124 on: June 07, 2021, 11:50:40 am »
happened the other day, still a happy thought for today.

My wife had come home for dinner break. She was digging around looking for something. Turns out that she noticed a trans gal shopping that wouldn't talk, only showed her texts. She remembered the pride pins we'd bought a couple years ago and was looking for them. We found them and she went back wearing one. She plans on wearing it all the time so that others know she's safe to talk to.

I pointed out two possible reasons for text only .. severe dislike of voice and refused to speak or, had surgery and is under Dr orders to not make a sound.

Anyways, always makes me happy when she shows that she cares and is welcoming.

Offline Maria2018

« Reply #1125 on: June 12, 2021, 08:51:45 pm »
I bought a skirt :D It was the one clothing item that I still didn't have any of and really wanted. And amazingly, I actually bought it in an in-person shop, not online. Which was slightly terrifying lol. But I managed to pick a quiet time in the shop so not too many people to see me. The design is really pretty too - dark blue leaves on an orange background. I love it very much [does another twirl just because I can]. :)
"In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind,
Be more kind my friends, try to be more kind." - Frank Turner

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #1126 on: June 13, 2021, 04:52:23 am »
I bought a skirt :D It was the one clothing item that I still didn't have any of and really wanted. And amazingly, I actually bought it in an in-person shop, not online. Which was slightly terrifying lol. But I managed to pick a quiet time in the shop so not too many people to see me. The design is really pretty too - dark blue leaves on an orange background. I love it very much [does another twirl just because I can]. :)

That is great to hear Maria!

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline LaRae

• "No one ever wetted clay and then left it, as if there would be bricks by chance and fortune."
  • Friend
« Reply #1127 on: June 30, 2021, 08:25:50 am »
So this didn't happen today exactly, but it does still give me a smile and a giggle to think about it. ;D

When I went in for my first vaccination shot, the woman asked me all kinds of questions, as per usual for medical screening. Then, as she got near the bottom, she asked me "Any chance of being pregnant or becoming pregnant?
"
It was all I could do not to burst out in laughter at the question, moreso out of shock and struggling to imagine it more than anything. Took me a good 5 seconds to respond with a quiet "no", lol

One of those moments that helps to quiet the dysphoria and tell you "It's working".
"Never forget what you are, the rest of the world will not. Wear it like armour and it can never be used to hurt you."

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #1128 on: July 01, 2021, 10:11:08 pm »
@LaRae
Dear LaRae:
I have had the same kinds of things happen to me as well.... 
My Mammograms, Cat-scans, and general doctor visit experiences are much the same.... questions about periods, pregnancy, cis female-specific pains and problems in my body are up for discussion and examination.

Yes, worth a chuckle or a burst of laughter, but really it is a wonderful feeling affirmation in our personal transition journeys.

Thank you for sharing and posting.

*****Oh, by the way
, I am so very happy to see that you have started posting again after being silent for a couple months.  I trust that you are staying healthy and continuing to find success in your journey.

HUGS and more HUGS,
Danielle

So this didn't happen today exactly, but it does still give me a smile and a giggle to think about it. ;D

When I went in for my first vaccination shot, the woman asked me all kinds of questions, as per usual for medical screening. Then, as she got near the bottom, she asked me "Any chance of being pregnant or becoming pregnant?
"
It was all I could do not to burst out in laughter at the question, moreso out of shock and struggling to imagine it more than anything. Took me a good 5 seconds to respond with a quiet "no", lol

One of those moments that helps to quiet the dysphoria and tell you "It's working".
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline Jaymilynn

• Friend
« Reply #1129 on: July 07, 2021, 10:35:32 am »
I finally have a date with my girlfriend whom I haven’t met in person yet. To say I’m excited is a huge understatement. Here’s a pic of my beautiful Britley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do the thing you fear the most and the death of fear is certain

Tags: