Author Topic: Do you like to wear hats or caps? If so, what kind?  (Read 693 times)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Do you like to wear hats or caps? If so, what kind?
« on: May 26, 2019, 08:48:12 pm »
Do you like to wear hats or caps, including hoodies and hoods?  If so, what kind?

Of course I would wear something covering my head if it was cold.
But sometimes they can simply be fashion items, or good to wear when it is sunny.
Some wear a cap to sleep.

I sometimes wear a hat or cap, do you?  For fashion, practicality, or both?

Chrissy
Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Online Maid Marion

Re: Do you like to wear hats or caps? If so, what kind?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2019, 08:52:56 pm »
I've  been wearing a wide brimmed hat whenever I'm out in the sun for the past few decades.

I got a new one with a hole for my ponytail!

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2019, 08:54:22 pm »
I've  been wearing a wide brimmed hat whenever I'm out in the sun for the past few decades.

I got a new one with a hole for my ponytail!

That sounds nice!  I may look into getting one!

Chrissy
Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Linde

• Full time for some time
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2019, 10:23:20 pm »
I wear a hat for un protection (the very wide brimmed beach type heads.  But most of the time I don't like to wear one because it messes my hair up.

Offline Purity

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2019, 03:17:47 pm »
Lately, I've been wearing a lot of hoodies. I love the snuggly long sleeve ones. Although this is not typically very "ladylike", I have been into the tomboy look lately. I love to go full-glam or comfortable in a hoodie or sweats whenever I want to.

As far as caps goes I got a Gucci canvas baseball cap that I love to wear under my hood. A lot of people consider this boyish, and it is, but I think this look can be really cute on all girls. What matters is what you feel comfortable in!

Hats – you never see Queen Elizabeth II without one :D
We have berets, bucket hats, flat caps or straw hats.

My personal favourite is the straw hat. They are big and can make your head appear smaller. I always bring my straw hat with me if I am travelling to exotic countries.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2019, 08:58:50 am »
As it is getting cooler in some spots in the USA, are you starting to wear outdoor hats or caps again?

Chrissy

Offline Rachel_Christina

• Family
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2019, 10:22:55 am »
Hate hats, always have, used to get scared theyd make me bald.
And they are so very masculine in the man's world, same as watches, always was a very masculine thing that your parents would buy for occasions and they where always so manly and chunky, now I have developed an odd dislike for these things I would never where one.

Offline Bittydrew

• Friend
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2019, 10:38:36 am »
Still Like my hoodies......but not so into caps anymore ....

Offline Dena

• Family
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2019, 11:13:52 am »
I never got in the habit of wearing them for a couple of reason. I spend a good deal of time indoors and  the tradition I grew up with says that you don't wear a hat indoors. The other more important reason is I wear an extra fat head - - err extra large so a normal cap or hat doesn't fit. The one size fits all don't work because the bottom may be large enough to take my head but the top still is sized for a regular head. This cause the hat to hat to pop off the top of my head and I feel I will lose the hat with any movement.

I have acquired a palm hat that I reserve for when I might receive a great deal of sun exposure but the hat hasn't really seen any use yet. There are hats I really like and they are the ones displayed at the Kentucky Derby. Will I ever own one, probably not because I don't have any place to wear it. 

On the other hand, nature has provide me with a mop of hair. I don't really need a hat to protect the top of my head so I get along pretty well without one.
Rebirth Date 1982 - My Transition

Offline Linde

• Full time for some time
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2019, 11:21:17 am »
I have a million of base ball aps, but never really liked to wear them (most of them were promotions or from ork events, etc.) I also grew up learning that the hat comes off, once you enter a building.  For me to wear a hat, it had to be a really cold winter day in Minnesota!
Now that  live in the tropics, I thought it would be cool to wear a wide brimmed sun hat.  I own there of them, and still don't like to wear a hat.
I dislike hoody's very much, I never would wear those, because the mess my hair up way to much!

Offline BlueJaye

• Family
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2019, 11:22:31 am »
I get really bad bed head. If I don’t wash my hair in the morning it looks really messy. I look like this when I get up:

So, if I need to do anything in the morning before I shower, I look like this:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2019, 11:28:40 am »
I am unashamed to admit that with transition I’m looking forward to wearing all the cute hats that women get to wear. I am very old school with my tastes and particularly like cloche hats, pretty outdoors hats suitable for picnics and the like, and pretty much any hat that’s in the TV series The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (amazing costumes in that series...seriously). It’s time to bring back fashionable headwear - it’s such a great accessory!

Oh and I still like wearing caps for running. And honestly I like wearing caps when I’m trying to lay low when going grocery shopping. And I have a functional nylon outdoor hat for hiking (waterproof, sunblocking, foldable, indestructible) and a have nicer-looking Tilley hat for less strenuous walks.

When I get back into tennis, I think I’m going to transition from caps to visors.

Sarah
----
47 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Offline Lexxi

• MTF Trans Woman
  • 50 Year old MTF
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2019, 12:00:11 pm »
I used to wear baseball hats every single day. So much so that if I didn't have one on people would ask what's different about me. I'll still wear one occasionally if I have to go out somewhere before I take my shower and fix my hair. But other than that I never wear one anymore...unless it's cold and I'm wearing a hoodie. Hoodies are one of my very favorite articles of clothing, so in the winter time I guess you could say that I've almost always got a hat with me.  :laugh:
Finally started the process of becoming the real me! 5/20/19
Came out online 5/20/19
First time coming out face to face 6/3/19
First therapist appointment for HRT 6/3/19
Got my letter for HRT 6/10/19
Came out to my mom 6/18/19
Started HRT 7/12/19

Offline KathyLauren

• Casting off dull certainty
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2019, 12:19:06 pm »
I like hats.  But wearing one over a wig is problematic: not many are big enough, and taking it off when you go indoors can be risky.  The one in my avatar pic is big enough to wear over the wig.  I still went to the washroom to take it off.

If I am not wearing a wig, then a hat is essential except at home, due to my male pattern baldness.  I wear a ball cap in summer, or a tuque in winter.  I have been on long walks, where I was wearing a ball cap, and stopped in to a restaurant for lunch.  While I was taught that only farmers and hillbillies wear a hat at the table, I had no choice but to keep mine on. :(
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly, beginning full-time; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2019-10-18 Phone consultation for GRS; 2020-03-11 GRS!

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2019, 12:42:09 pm »
Well I am going out to a local soccer tournament game and will let you know if I sported my woven hat, which matches my cute scarf!

Chrissy

Online big kim

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2019, 03:01:04 pm »
Got a lot of hoodies but only one hat.Its like the sort a hunter or Russian soldier wears, O wear it watching wildlife and birds in winter

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2019, 06:50:04 am »
I like knit caps and thick knitted scarfs.

Cool weather lets me wear these cute keep-warmers.   :)

Chrissy

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2020, 10:19:06 am »
I like the knitted caps with a pom on top too.
With a matching scarf, they are nice accessories in cooler weather.
I sorta dislike having to put all of these up when the weather warms up.

But in warmer weather, there are skorts and shorts days!   :)

Chrissy

Offline JennyTG

• Family
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2020, 05:33:27 am »
I wear a hat for un protection (the very wide brimmed beach type heads.  But most of the time I don't like to wear one because it messes my hair up.

Same here.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2020, 05:10:30 pm »
As long as it is not too hot, I like to wear caps on a windy day!

Chrissy

Tags: