Author Topic: Doctors may soon be legally able to refuse to treat trans people  (Read 3215 times)

Offline stephaniec

• SPARTA Trans Veterans AKA Stephaniec ( Garbo ) Diabla
  • Family

Offline protean

• Visitor
Re: Doctors may soon be legally able to refuse to treat trans people
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2020, 06:58:52 am »
I have been told by more than one transwoman that she can't find a doctor within 50 miles of home to treat her for anything.  One of these women has cancer.  She claims that she can't get treatment for cancer BECAUSE the doctors all refuse to treat a transwoman.  The other says she couldn't get treatment for the flu because she was transgender. 

I don't know if they are telling me the truth or not, but one of them supposedly lives in Ohio and another supposedly lives in Indiana.

I grew up in a rural area and you used to be able to find a couple of open minded doctors but no more. After the stock market crash in 2008 religious organizations started to buy up smaller medical practices. Around me there are hundreds of medical professionals but most are tied to these religious organizations and they routinely refuse to perform all kinds of medical treatment. The few that are not tied to these organizations are not accepting new patients.  My doctor retired and I created an Excel spreadsheet so I could track the hundreds of people I called. Finally found someone who is 40 minutes away. There are four medical practices and two hospitals that are in walking distance from my home but apparently I can't get care there :(

Tags: