Author Topic: Sophia's transition updates  (Read 7667 times)

Offline Sophiaprincess2019

• www.tickerfactory.com
Re: Sophia's transition updates
« Reply #120 on: April 25, 2021, 07:25:23 pm »
Thanks everyone. Good to be back on the site. I was gone waaay too long! Some distressing news: The legal team isn't moving forward with the class action lawsuit against my medical insurance company. The Attorney's said it could take several years to litigate something of that magnitude.

So I got busy: In the last 8 days I've found a place to call home in Southern California where I'm originally from. I'm going to keep my house in Wyoming as a "vacation" home and frequent it when the weather is nice. Didn't take long for me to establish California residency because I'm a CA native and I originally got my CDL license there. Friday I was approved for California Medical Insurance and my UCLA Surgeon's are both in network on my new plan. Of course I checked the plan documents before I purchased anything to see that FFS and SRS are both covered and they are, THANK GOODNESS! I have a wonderful Therapist in Los Angeles who updated my letters for surgery and I'm scheduled for my 1st surgery on June 9th at UCLA. There will be three total.

I'm not planning on getting bottom surgery until Feb 2022 due to my business. I'll be working the entire month of Dec in Pennsylvania, then I'll return to SO CAL for surgery in February. I'm will try to squeeze in FFS sometime during this year if time permits.

Wed last week I had deviated nasal septum surgery (Septoplasty) and this weekend I've been home recovering. Tomorrow morning I'm getting the stents that were placed in my nose during surgery removed. I'm sure that will be a pleasant experience! About as pleasant as going to Walmart during rush hour!!!

Pretty quiet right now. I'm in my Wyoming house enjoying the beautiful weather. I'm getting the engine on my Semi truck rebuilt while I'm here. Should be done in the next 10 days or so.

I've been enjoying reading everyone's adventures. Keep them coming.

Cheers and big hugs!!

Sophia
1968 Assigned male at birth with feminine mannerisms
1978 Dolls and dresses
1988 Experimental stage, limited makeup and clothes
1998 Denial continues, unsuccessfully tried living as a man
12-8-2018 time for a change....
2-21-2019 Started HRT
2-21-2020 One year HRT
2-21-2021 Two years HRT

Online RandiL

• Formerly RandyL
  • On the way
« Reply #121 on: April 25, 2021, 10:01:52 pm »
Sophia, I'm so glad you've been able to move forward quickly! That must be a wonderful feeling to finally have some plans in place. I'll look forward to hearing more soon.
Randi

Sent from my dual-floppy Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

Forging my new, best life as Randi

My personal blog thread: Randi the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

My HRT thread: Randi's HRT Journal

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #122 on: April 25, 2021, 11:26:43 pm »
@Sophiaprincess2019
Dear Sophia:
Thank you for sharing your latest details regarding your busy life.

You have certainly been a busy bee with everything that is going on....
   Moving back to California;
   Pending Legal Issues;
   Future surgery plans;
   Working in Pennsylvania at the end of this year in the month of December; 
   Avery uncomfortable sounding surgery Septoplasty last week;
   ,,,,,and to top it off... Getting your truck engine rebuilt....

Makes me wonder, what do you do in your spare time? ???

Thank you for taking the time to keep me and the rest of your avid followers updated.
Wishing you success and happiness....

HUGS and HUGS,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

• www.tickerfactory.com
« Reply #123 on: May 11, 2021, 09:42:59 am »
@Sophiaprincess2019
Dear Sophia:
Thank you for sharing your latest details regarding your busy life.

You have certainly been a busy bee with everything that is going on....
   Moving back to California;
   Pending Legal Issues;
   Future surgery plans;
   Working in Pennsylvania at the end of this year in the month of December; 
   Avery uncomfortable sounding surgery Septoplasty last week;
   ,,,,,and to top it off... Getting your truck engine rebuilt....

Makes me wonder, what do you do in your spare time? ???

Thank you for taking the time to keep me and the rest of your avid followers updated.
Wishing you success and happiness....

HUGS and HUGS,
Danielle

Danielle, in my SPARE time it's the little things: split the atom and find more cures for cancer! I seriously don't know how I do it most days but I manage to pull through each time!

Today I'm in a hotel in Baltimore MD while getting my truck serviced. Brought a load from Travis AFB to largo, MD and delivered it yesterday.

Things are getting back to normal for me. I'm not as INVOLVED with transition anymore, more living as me now. The 1st couple years were rough at times with many changes. I had a few dark days and many happy ones. I'm thankful things have worked out. One thing that still bothers me is my brother; he's still not talking with me. I know it's his problem and he's missing out on time he can never replace, but it's painful to live without him.

June 9th I'm having the first of three surgeries: a bilateral orchiectomy.  FFS will be number 2 and vaginoplasty will be number three. Once those are done I'm so done with general anesthesia! For me it's the sore throat that gets me!

Hope everyone is going well. I'm going to be back on the road in a couple days. Enjoying my time off, probably going shopping today!

Thank you for all your wonderful encouragement,

Sophia

1978 Dolls and dresses
2-21-2019 Started HRT
2-21-2020 One year HRT
2-21-2021 Two years HRT

• www.tickerfactory.com
« Reply #124 on: June 11, 2021, 11:13:33 am »
Hello everyone,

On Wednesday 6-9-2021 I had bilateral Orchiectomy performed at UCLA in Los Angeles. The procedure was done with no complications. Post op pain was pretty intense until the pain meds started to kick in. I flew back to Wyoming yesterday and I'm relaxing at my house today. Overall I had a really great and positive experience.

Also while I was there the insurance company requested medical grade photographs be taken for FFS pre-authorization; so the day after surgery I went to the plastic surgery office, in the same building as my surgery was performed, and had the pictures taken. My FFS Surgeon's surgery coordinator already sent the requested documentation and pics back to Blue Cross. Now it's wait and see.  I'll be beyond happy once FFS gets approved. For me FFS is the most important part of my journey; it's going to represent a MAJOR turning point in my life. Can't tell you how happy I am that the insurance company is actively working on my case.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Be safe and I'll be back with more updates as they occur.

Take care,

Sophia
1978 Dolls and dresses
2-21-2019 Started HRT
2-21-2020 One year HRT
2-21-2021 Two years HRT

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #125 on: June 11, 2021, 05:50:42 pm »
@Sophiaprincess2019
Dear Sophia:
I am so very glad to read that your surgery went well and without any unforeseen and unwanted complications.

"Wait and see" usually means that you have to have patience while the wheels turn at your insurance company's office.

Yes indeed, your planned and hoped for FFS is one of the bigger steps in your transition journey.
Please continue to keep me and the rest of your followers updated as you feel comfortable doing.

Rest well and wishing a speedy healing and recovery.

HUGS 
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Online RandiL

• Formerly RandyL
  • On the way
« Reply #126 on: June 11, 2021, 09:17:40 pm »
Hey Sophia, it was so good to meet you at the wedding last weekend. Since then you got your orchie. And now you're resting back in Wyoming. Girl you get around!

I'm so glad this surgery went well. I hope you get good news soon for your FFS. Meanwhile my wishes for your happy healing, well, happy wishes all around.

Randi

Sent from my dual-floppy Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

Forging my new, best life as Randi

My personal blog thread: Randi the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

My HRT thread: Randi's HRT Journal

Tags: Pics update hrt transition