General Discussions > Makeup

Nails: How you can prevent breakage, what is best to do when they break?

(1/7) > >>

ChrissyRyan:
Nails:

What are your ideas on how we can prevent breakage of our fingernails?

After they break, what should you do - when and how can they be salvaged?  I simply try to make the nail not ragged and let time pass for it to grow out.

I have been keeping them short but they do seem to occasionally get caught on things, sometimes in clothing and I pull a thread, which is annoying!

Hugs,   :)

Chrissy

Lisa89125:
Hi Chrissy, My nails always end up either catching something or getting snapped off. When snapped, I usually file them and let them grow out again. Sometimes if cracked, I have to cut them off short which sux!

Lisa

ChrissyRyan:

--- Quote from: Lisa89125 on June 13, 2019, 09:26:16 pm ---Hi Chrissy, My nails always end up either catching something or getting snapped off. When snapped, I usually file them and let them grow out again. Sometimes if cracked, I have to cut them off short which sux!

Lisa

--- End quote ---

We need to get this problem nailed down!  Ha!   :)

Chrissy

Linde:

--- Quote from: ChrissyRyan on June 13, 2019, 09:55:37 pm ---

We need to get this problem nailed down!  Ha!   :)

Chrissy

--- End quote ---
I have nail polish on always all the time.  I first put a layer of clear polish on, let it dry very well for hours, follow up with the color of my choice (my favorite is the red that can be seen on the avatar), ad let that dry well again.  When this is dry, I put another layer of clear on top.
This way, my nails gain a little more strength.  If I happen to break ne, the file is my friend.  I file the wreck of a nail, until it loos decent gin, und touch it up with some polish.

Allie Jayne:
I use a hand and nail cream with keeps my nails supple (and my hands soft) so my nails don't snap from being too dry. I have my hands in water a lot, which can take out some of the natural oils. If I get a small crack near an edge, I file it back, but if it is a large crack, there is little you can do to save it short of a salon visit!!

Allie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version