Author Topic: Transgender surgery now available in Toronto  (Read 682 times)

Offline AnneK

Transgender surgery now available in Toronto
« on: June 18, 2019, 09:42:24 am »
Toronto hospital says surgery program will help trans patients 'live true lives'
https://toronto.citynews.ca/2019/06/17/toronto-hospital-says-surgery-program-will-help-trans-patients-live-true-lives/
by Adina Bresge, The Canadian Press
Posted Jun 17, 2019 6:01 pm EDT
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 06:21:58 pm by stephaniec »
I'm a 66 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.

Offline Paige

Re: Transgender surgery now available in Toronto
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 01:53:12 pm »
Thanks Anne for posting this 😊  I wonder what the wait time will be.  I imagine it's going to a long one.

Cheers,
Paige 😊

Offline AnneK

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 02:08:17 pm »
Thanks Anne for posting this 😊  I wonder what the wait time will be.  I imagine it's going to a long one.

No idea on the wait time, but the article said they want to create a model that can be used across the country.  Women's College is a teaching hospital that's literally around the corner from the University of Toronto.

BTW, that hospital is close enough to me that I can reach it by bus & subway or cab.
I'm a 66 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Offline Paige

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2019, 03:00:29 pm »
No idea on the wait time, but the article said they want to create a model that can be used across the country.  Women's College is a teaching hospital that's literally around the corner from the University of Toronto.

BTW, that hospital is close enough to me that I can reach it by bus & subway or cab.

I live just north of Toronto.  The GO train and the subway would be perfect for me.  It does seem like somebody is trying to make this easier for me 😊  Maybe one day.

Paige 😊

Offline AnneK

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2019, 03:20:48 pm »
It does seem like somebody is trying to make this easier for me 😊  Maybe one day.

As I've mentioned here before, the protocols in Ontario changed in March 2016, making things a lot easier and, as the article mentioned, created a backlog.  It's thanks to that new protocol that I was able to get HRT on informed consent.  My endo also has a backlog, due to that change.

Tags: