Author Topic: Have any of you took a week or so to try out "full-time" away from your city?  (Read 8748 times)

Pammie

You need to be more like me, just do it with confidence and dont give a fig what anyone thinks.
Ah, the holy grail of confidence
It took me years to discard the paranoia and feel confident and that confidence remains a fragile creature for me - as you say, if one can develop your attitude the world really is your mollusc of choice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
The secret I think is to dial down the paranoia for a while if possible - Ironic me saying that of course

@Pammie

Pammie,

Day 2 went smooth.  Day 3, today, was okay too. 
Enjoyed an early evening meal. 

Have a great week!

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Pammie

@Pammie

Pammie,

Day 2 went smooth.  Day 3, today, was okay too. 
Enjoyed an early evening meal. 

Have a great week!

Chrissy
That’s brilliant! You must be feeling pretty good! Well done Chrissy!! Xx

Offline RandiL

• Call me Rayna. Formerly Randi
  • On the way
And now day 4? Then 5? And ever onward! Good for you Chrissy.

My smartphone thinks it's smarter than me. It's probably right.

Forging my new, best life as Rayna

My personal blog thread: Randi the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

My HRT thread: Randi's HRT Journal

Offline Lady Sarah

• Yes, it's another Sarah
  • Family
  • I love my hubby
I travelled across the country and lived in small towns in a few states since transitioning.  If I can do that, y'all should be able to do a week stint away from your cities, no sweat.
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016

I don't have wrinkles. I have wise cracks.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family

Your smart telephone is NOT smarter than you Randi.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
I travelled across the country and lived in small towns in a few states since transitioning.  If I can do that, y'all should be able to do a week stint away from your cities, no sweat.

Well this does not come easy.  I may never go full time.  I got a number of looks today.  Calling them “curious” may be a generous and kind description.

Chrissy

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family

Yup, day four.

Randi, I wish you a wonderful evening and the rest of the week too!

Chrissy

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Well this does not come easy.  I may never go full time.  I got a number of looks today.  Calling them “curious” may be a generous and kind description.

Chrissy

@Chrissy
Dear Chrissy:
I have been avidly following your "week or so" journey being out and about as Chrissy.
Do not despair regarding the curious looks that you have been getting.... 

Consider your adventure this last week as a learning experience.  As you continue to
be out and about you can learn and practice....

Please stay as POSITIVE as you can regarding being out as Chrissy and your thoughts
of perhaps going Full Time... negative thoughts can produce negative results.

How many more days to you plan to be out and about? ???

Thank you for sharing and posting.

HUGS and warm thoughts to you from me.
Danielle
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 06:26:28 pm by Northern Star Girl »
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 42

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
Day 7 today.

I think at best some days have exceeded expectations much of the time, most days get a “passing” grade, and one or maybe two not that good - but it has been good to try again.  I may try again this fall.  We will see what the next day brings. 

At least I do not have such an extreme dysphoria where I think continually that I absolutely must be full-time.
I should be grateful, and am for that, because I am not ready for full time.

It is nice to be out though and to be away from many responsibilities.

I know that when out as male no one seems to think I am female.  Would not it be nice to have male fail no matter how you are dressed?  A veritable MTF’s dream situation that is.  When out as female, there is not a 100% perception that I am female.  Maybe better though this time as compared to prior multi-day outings on a couple of days. 

Hugs,

Chrissy

Offline RandiL

• Call me Rayna. Formerly Randi
  • On the way
Chrissy, awesome that you're getting out there as yourself! Step by step...

Forging my new, best life as Rayna

My personal blog thread: Randi the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

My HRT thread: Randi's HRT Journal

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
Chrissy, awesome that you're getting out there as yourself! Step by step...

Well I am headed back home soon, although I am not too far away on this adventure.
In fact I needed to get back home one day for an appointment so I already was back once.

Lots of hiking, shopping, meals away from home, and relaxing too.  It has been nice.

Chrissy

@Northern Star Girl  @RandiL  @Pammie

Pammie

Well I am headed back home soon, although I am not too far away on this adventure.
In fact I needed to get back home one day for an appointment so I already was back once.

Lots of hiking, shopping, meals away from home, and relaxing too.  It has been nice.

Chrissy

@Northern Star Girl  @RandiL  @Pammie
Well done you! I think that’s such a great way of getting used to presenting as the real you! Xxx

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
Well done you! I think that’s such a great way of getting used to presenting as the real you! Xxx

It did not come easily.  It seems like a lot of work.  Voice is still not good enough.
I will strive to improve.

But it is nice being out and about more than usual.  The mask may have made it easier at times but if it did, perhaps this was not as helpful of an extended experience as in the past.   

Wishing everyone the best as they transition….  :)

Be safe.

Chrissy

Pammie

It did not come easily.  It seems like a lot of work.  Voice is still not good enough.
I will strive to improve.

But it is nice being out and about more than usual.  The mask may have made it easier at times but if it did, perhaps this was not as helpful of an extended experience as in the past.   

Wishing everyone the best as they transition….  :)

Be safe.

Chrissy
I think that voice might well be a permanent WIP - it is for me anyway! Don’t underplay what you did, it’s great experience and an important part of your journey. Well done hun! Xxx

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
Have any of you took a week or so to try out "full-time" away from your city?
« Reply #115 on: August 15, 2021, 08:50:50 pm »
I think that voice might well be a permanent WIP - it is for me anyway! Don’t underplay what you did, it’s great experience and an important part of your journey. Well done hun! Xxx

Thank you @Pammie

I still have a lot more confidence to gain. 

Chrissy

Pammie

Thank you @Pammie

I still have a lot more confidence to gain. 

Chrissy
Rome was not built in a day but from your posts it feels like you are getting more confident and that’s all really good progress! Go you hun! Xx

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #117 on: August 21, 2021, 06:39:47 am »
Weekends can make for a nice time out and about too when taking a week or more cannot fit in your schedule.

Speaking of weekends, everyone enjoy yours!   :)

Chrissy

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #118 on: December 29, 2021, 09:45:04 pm »
With COVID-19 falling up again, I will wait until safer times to try this again.

Try to stay warm everyone in the Northern part of our world!

Chrissy

Tags: