Author Topic: Is there a way to not draw attention to what you think are your big MTF hands?  (Read 3772 times)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Perhaps I am overthinking things, I will say that upfront.

Is there a way to not draw attention to what you think are your big MTF hands?
In a way, jewelry or nail polish can draw attention to your hands. But maybe they also tend to make them look smaller?

There is no practical way that I ever heard of making your hands actually smaller, unless perhaps they would be smaller the less you weigh.

One thing I came up with that might help is something I like to do, and that is to make eye contact with others you are with.  Maybe that helps them to keep their eyes locked onto yours too!  It does seem more personal, unless you are with someone from another culture that finds direct eye contact uncomfortable.

I have natural gesticulation that is becoming more feminine, that helps overall too I think.

Hugs,   :)

Chrissy

Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Maddie

• Family
Chrissy, I think the natural feminine gesticulation is a good way to go.
For several years I worked with a long tall mtf woman who actually had very long hands, but they never stood out (to me at least) because of a kind of elegance she had with  her postures and gestures.

My own hands are kind of thick and wide and sometimes I sort of curl my palm,, bringing my  thumb and  pinky a little closer together  thinking it makes them look more slender.

I'm also curious if anyone has nail polish tricks or other suggestions for this

Offline Maid Marion

You can draw attention away from your hands.  Long hair draws people to your face.  A crop top draws the attention to  your waist.  We all know what cleavage does!

A contrasting nail polish will draw attention  Something more modest, perhaps a sheer pink, may be a better for fulfilling your beauty needs.

If  your hands are thick, long nails in non contrasting color may give them more pleasing appearance.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
These thoughts make sense Maddie and Maid Marion.  Thank you.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Linde

• Full time for some time
My hands are not really big, a medium male glove size.  I know women who have bigger hand.  What I found that makes them look smaller is to have long fingernails painted.  These make your fingers looking longer, and change the proportion of your hands, and they appear to be smaller.

Offline RandiL

• Call me Rayna. Formerly Randi
  • On the way
My hands are not really big, a medium male glove size.  I know women who have bigger hand.  What I found that makes them look smaller is to have long fingernails painted.  These make your fingers looking longer, and change the proportion of your hands, and they appear to be smaller.
But I play mandolin. So maybe I could have long nails on all but the four fingers of my left hand? lol
Forging my new, best life as Rayna

My personal blog thread: Randi the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

My HRT thread: Randi's HRT Journal

Offline Maid Marion

I do find it quite pleasing to grow my nails really long. My hands are small enough for XS women's gloves if I don't grow out my nails.  Now of just figure out how to stop breaking the nails on my right hand...

Offline Maid Marion

The right neck line can also draw attention to your bust. It still a little weird but I'm now accepting that I have a cute one to show off, despite not being on HRT!

Offline RandiL

• Call me Rayna. Formerly Randi
  • On the way
The right neck line can also draw attention to your bust. It still a little weird but I'm now accepting that I have a cute one to show off, despite not being on HRT!
I'm not on HRT either, but I really like my look in certain tops that display what bust I have. Overhead lighting that produces a shadow underneath is the best! Maybe I need to carry around an overhead light as I go lol?

Sent from my Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

Forging my new, best life as Rayna

My personal blog thread: Randi the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

My HRT thread: Randi's HRT Journal

Offline DawnOday

• Links Administrator
My hands are not that big. That's why at 6' 5" I was unable to dunk a basketball on a 10' high hoop. I like to wear bangles and bracelets and rings to distract from their size.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

What a trip it's been. I have been blessed in so many ways. I love my sisters, and happier than ever.

Offline Maddie

• Family
Maybe I need to carry around an overhead light as I go lol?

Sent from my Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

:D :D :D

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
My hands are not that big. That's why at 6' 5" I was unable to dunk a basketball on a 10' high hoop. I like to wear bangles and bracelets and rings to distract from their size.

Bracelets sound good.  I have never worn bangles.

Chrissy

Offline Nikita

I too have struggled with feeling very self conscious about my big hands.  At first I just wore long bell sleeve tops and stretched the sleeves extra long.  I found some fitted shirts that have cuffs which are designed to be folded back but I do not fold them back, so my hands are covered down to the knuckles. 

I got to the point recently that I decided, my hands are not going to change so I had better just get over it.  I put a very thin light chain necklace wrapped twice around on just one wrist.  It is not enough to be too noticeable to anyone else, so it is not drawing attention to my hands at all.  But the tactile sensation is enough to give myself a more feminine feeling.  Somehow that has alleviated my self consciousness, and the less I am self conscious about my hands the less other people notice either. 

Offline Linde

• Full time for some time
I really don't care much about my hands, feet or other parts of my body much anymore.  I am a woman and am build the way I am.
If one looks around, there are all kinds of cis women with all kinds of shapes.  They may not like their hands or feet, their face or hair, but they are never in any doubts to be not a cis woman!
So, why should I be different.  I don't have very big hands,  can wear size 10 or 11 shoes, have a nice head of hair, and an okay looking face. 
Why should I feel less female than most of the women around me?
We all should muster up all the self esteem we can get, and should stop all the self doubt!  Be as much of a woman as you can, and mostly, be a happy woman!

Offline Maddie

• Family
I really don't care much about my hands, feet or other parts of my body much anymore.  I am a woman and am build the way I am.
We all should muster up all the self esteem we can get, and should stop all the self doubt!  Be as much of a woman as you can, and mostly, be a happy woman!

Right on Linde.
Confidence is a key.  If you got it, you got it!
Right now, It takes all the self-esteem that I can muster to make a good attempt to present how I want.  Especially in more complex public situations where I am winging it and often too selfconscious.   

So many aspects to it!  Like where I want the attention directed at me to go. In this thread's case, away from the hands, big as they may be.   And towards batting eyelashes, for example.
Don't you think that happy and/or attractive people are often skilled magicians?

Online Allie Jayne

I have typically male hands with wide nails, and they are improving as I lose weight. I also curl my palms to keep my thumbs underneath as I gesticulate. I keep my nails 1/4" to 1/2" long, and if wearing darker nail colour, I try not to paint all the way to the sides so they look a bit thinner.  I like watches and bracelets, especially if they disguise my wide wrists, but in the end we just have to act confidently and be distracting.

Allie
1958 Knew I should be a girl
1961 Told my mother I was a girl
1976 told my fiance I was trans
1999 told my 2nd wife to be I was trans
2000 began being me at home
2018 Dysphoria made me seriously sick
2019 started HRT, not sick any more!
        Started electrolysis
2020 Full time, legally Me!
2021 Labiaplasty
        Divorced again and on my own

Offline kaygee

• Mademoiselle💃
  • A very stable genius.🤪
I have typically male hands with wide nails, and they are improving as I lose weight. I also curl my palms to keep my thumbs underneath as I gesticulate.

That's odd. I usually extend my palm and fingers in a way that I think looks graceful.

When I played championship racquetball, it was standard to wear a glove on my right hand.
But I also wore a glove on my left hand to "hide" it.
Give me ambiguity... or give me something else.

-Patrick… somebody

Online Allie Jayne

That's odd. I usually extend my palm and fingers in a way that I think looks graceful.

When I played championship racquetball, it was standard to wear a glove on my right hand.
But I also wore a glove on my left hand to "hide" it.

Sorry Kaygee, I curl my hands longitudinally to make them thinner, not curl up into a semi fist! I just push my thumb into my palm.

Allie
1958 Knew I should be a girl
1961 Told my mother I was a girl
1976 told my fiance I was trans
1999 told my 2nd wife to be I was trans
2000 began being me at home
2018 Dysphoria made me seriously sick
2019 started HRT, not sick any more!
        Started electrolysis
2020 Full time, legally Me!
2021 Labiaplasty
        Divorced again and on my own

Offline kaygee

• Mademoiselle💃
  • A very stable genius.🤪
Sorry Kaygee, I curl my hands longitudinally to make them thinner, not curl up into a semi fist! I just push my thumb into my palm.

Allie

Ahhh! I do that, too.😊

-Patrick… somebody

Offline kaygee

• Mademoiselle💃
  • A very stable genius.🤪
I found what I was looking for.

Last month I had lunch with a GF; we both wanted pix of the occasion

Here are 2 from my camera:

After the first one, I figured I shoud hide my hands!😱

-Patrick… somebody

Tags: