Author Topic: Beauty stores that welcome the business of the transgender community  (Read 1485 times)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Sephora

As I am unsure if we can post a direct link, I simply say to open a Web browser and do a search on:

Sephora We belong to something beautiful

Click the related Sephora link that pops up and visit the many parts of the We Belong Web page at Sephora.

(Ulta and others stores are helpful too, for sure.)

(Administrators, please delete this post if this is not an allowed post.  I have no financial ties to Sephora.)

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Jessica

• I love you. No...... I might not know you, but if folk can hate for no good reason, I can love.
Re: Beauty stores that welcome the business of the transgender community
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2019, 05:22:01 pm »
Sephora is very transgender friendly.  Laurie and I had our first makeover at Sephora nearby.  They treated us with respect, didn’t try to hide us (we were in the front).  The makeover is free if you buy products.  They find the right makeup for you and make you pretty.

Hugs and smiles, Jess

cc: @Laurie @ChrissyRyan

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

GordonG

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2019, 07:01:12 pm »
I've had makeup sessions at Nordstrom, Sephora, and Ulta without any problems what so ever.

Offline Sophiaprincess2019

• www.tickerfactory.com
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2019, 07:08:14 pm »
I've had Sephora makeovers in two different states. One store in Colorado asked me if they could place me on a Transgender list of girls in the local area who are interested in a makeover night designed just for TG women. Of course I said yes! All the ladies that work there are very helpful used correct pronouns with out asking and treated me like any other woman in the store. I'm pretty loyal to a brand that treats me right from the beginning.

Sophia
1968 Assigned male at birth with feminine mannerisms
1978 Dolls and dresses
1988 Experimental stage, limited makeup and clothes
1998 Denial continues, unsuccessfully tried living as a man
12-8-2018 time for a change....
2-21-2019 Started HRT
2-21-2020 One year HRT
2-21-2021 Two years HRT

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2019, 10:27:09 am »
I also like the loyalty rewards program at ULTA. It is simply a plus.
Their stores are nice.

Cheaper though are stores that appear to cater to beauty professionals.  I have yet to be turned down in buying anything for not be a beauty professional.

Sometimes items are cheaper at WalMart but a lot of things you cannot find at WalMart or they are way cheaper.  Some even have clothes, costume jewelry, and wigs.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline kellyinaz

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2019, 12:55:17 pm »
A+ To lisa @ sepora in havasu az. she is great!

Sephora

As I am unsure if we can post a direct link, I simply say to open a Web browser and do a search on:

Sephora We belong to something beautiful

Click the related Sephora link that pops up and visit the many parts of the We Belong Web page at Sephora.

(Ulta and others stores are helpful too, for sure.)

(Administrators, please delete this post if this is not an allowed post.  I have no financial ties to Sephora.)

Chrissy

Online barbie

• I change my avatar every week
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2019, 03:41:17 pm »
At least here in S. Korea, I am treated as a valuable (and of course lucrative) customer at any beauty store. I guess it is the same in other countries.

barbie~~
Just do it.

Offline Linde

• Full time for some time
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2019, 10:41:34 pm »
I was never inside a beauty store.  I buy my makeup stuff mostly at Walgreens, and from my skin studio.  I don't need that much anyway, moisturizer, sunscreen, lipstick, mascara, and nail polish.

Offline RachelTG

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2019, 07:40:55 am »
I know that this thread is old but I wanted to add my two cents. I live in northern Colorado and in my town we have an Ulta store. I have reached out to them more than once to see if they would work with me. I can’t even get a reply from them. I can travel to Fort Collins and go to Sephora but they are 45 minutes away. I am disappointed with Ulta locally and have emailed their corporate address to let them know.

Rachel

Offline Haley Conner

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2019, 07:53:24 am »
I went to Ultra to buy some banana powder a couple days ago, and while I wasn't looking for a makeover, they were all very nice and helpful.  I think it depends somewhat on your locality among other things.  I have had a similar experience at Sephora.  Very helpful.  Once in awhile I go there for skin products.  Both of them are very expensive though.  Lately I just mix up some honey, lemon, and banana and smear that on my face.  It works pretty well, and cost pennies.

Offline Linde

• Full time for some time
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2019, 03:26:26 pm »
Lately I just mix up some honey, lemon, and banana and smear that on my face.  It works pretty well, and cost pennies.
What is that supposed to do?  I am so out of knowledge with those things, because I seem not to need anything (or I have the illusion that I don't need this?)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
Beauty stores that welcome the business of the transgender community
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2019, 09:52:10 am »
I like Ulta for sure.

Chrissy

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2020, 10:11:48 am »
Have you tried buying cosmetics online?  I was thinking of getting some liquid lipstick that way but that product may not be right for me.

What has been your experiences with using online merchants for buying cosmetics?
I would think if you know what works for you, that simply buying more is one way you know that what you get is right for you. 

I realize that going into the store has its benefits.

Chrissy

Offline Anastasia

• Friend
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2020, 12:28:40 am »
I have found Sephora to be wonderful. They have always been very helpful. The have a makeup class for transgender people. I was going to go but it was Covided. When I am shopping, I don't feel like they are trying to go out of there way to help me, as if I were a test. But at the same time, they are willing to spend considerable time helping me. On one trip, the sales woman recognized me and that I was wearing the eyeshadow I had bought on an earlier trip. Made me feel welcome!

As far as online goes, I learned I can't buy an item (at least eyeshadow) for the first time online. I wanted a lighter purple eyeshadow, but not too light. I tried one on that I liked and it changed color after a minute or two. It went on the shade I wanted, but became to dark. Way to dark. I removed the eyeshadow and this time the sale lady applied it and it happened again. She was surprised by the change. Different people, different shades, but she had never seen one change. She actually removed her shadow  and applied this one, thinking it may have been defective, but the color stayed the same. Explains why I like the shade I buy at a drug store, but dont like it on.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2020, 07:26:29 pm »
I was very surprised when I purchased some $1 each cosmetics at a dollar store that some of it was actually very good.  This was limited to lipstick and gloss purchases.  I am unsure if this was a regularly stocked item or not.  I cannot remember the brand.  That was last fall.  Sometimes things just work out.  :)

Chrissy

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2020, 06:12:09 am »
I have not bought much cosmetics in the past few months.
Not wearing lipstick much, that’s for sure.

Chrissy

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2022, 12:00:34 pm »
I am surprised to see so many “little beauty stores” of beauty chain stores inside bigger department stores. 

I do prefer the main beauty stores though.  The service you can get there can be very helpful.

Chrissy

Tags: