Author Topic: Research paper on trans civil rights and legal debate  (Read 1202 times)

Offline josie76

• Family
  • Something beautiful emerges from a dark pool
Research paper on trans civil rights and legal debate
« on: July 18, 2019, 08:34:18 am »
I wrote a research paper on the current legal debate on transgender civil rights and protections. I believe it is quite complete with the taking into account opposition arguments of religion and bad 1950's psychiatry, failed extensions of those such as gender being a choice as often said by anti-trans feminists, and actual medical biological sciences.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xMCfxUo7pbphULuuVomMPrdM4CJIcU6t/view?usp=sharing

It is a long read. 23 pages with citations
04/26/2018 bi-lateral orchiectomy
09/11/2019 PPV at IU Health (DaVinci robot laparoscopic Davydov with modified Chonburi Flap) w/ Dr. Gallagher, Dr. Koch, Dr. Roth assisting urology
03/02/2020 revision labiaplasty at IU Health w/ Dr. Gallagher

A lifetime of depression and repressed emotions is nothing more than existence.
I for one want to live now, not just exist!

Offline Linde

• Full time for some time
Re: Research paper on trans civil rights and legal debate
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 07:11:34 pm »
I wrote a research paper on the current legal debate on transgender civil rights and protections. I believe it is quite complete with the taking into account opposition arguments of religion and bad 1950's psychiatry, failed extensions of those such as gender being a choice as often said by anti-trans feminists, and actual medical biological sciences.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xMCfxUo7pbphULuuVomMPrdM4CJIcU6t/view?usp=sharing

It is a long read. 23 pages with citations
I like this paper a lot!  You did a fine ob there.  I am just amazed who all feels to be an expert in giving his opinion.
When I read that a biochemist feels to be an expert in brain development, I, as a biomedical researcher should be even more qualified!
It also highlights the typical problem of American Akademia to publish as much as possible, no matter what junk one publishes, once a paper is out there, it will be cited!
How do you plan to publish this paper?

Offline josie76

• Family
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2019, 09:35:05 pm »
I tried a number of journals but was rejected from all of them. So I just published a copy of the text on medium.com.
09/11/2019 PPV at IU Health (DaVinci robot laparoscopic Davydov with modified Chonburi Flap) w/ Dr. Gallagher, Dr. Koch, Dr. Roth assisting urology

Offline Linde

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2019, 10:38:15 pm »
I tried a number of journals but was rejected from all of them. So I just published a copy of the text on medium.com.
Have you tried Elsevier (https://www.google.com/search?q=elsevier&rlz=1C1CHBD_enUS838US839&oq=elsvier&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.8809j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8)

I published a few papers through them!  They are probably The resource in academic publishing

Offline Lexxi

• MTF Trans Woman
  • 50 Year old MTF
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 03:33:47 am »
Hi Josie,

Fantastic job!! I sure hope you're able to get it published.

I do have one recommendation that might help with publication (maybe). I just graduated with my BS in 2017 and had to write a TON of papers. My one recommendation would be to take out all of your Wikipedia citations. Wikipedia is not considered a respectable source in academia. I know you only used them 2 or 3 times at the very beginning but it's possible a reviewer could see them right from the get-go and reject from there.

I went to 3 different colleges in my career and we weren't allowed to use Wikipedia as a source at any of them. If any of us tried to sneak a Wikipedia citation in any of our work anywhere our papers either failed or they were returned with explicit directions to replace our sources.

I always started out my research using Wikipedia, but I used it to find respected sources that could be used in my papers. It was often a little more work, but it was well worth the effort.

Don't give up on getting this paper published. I wasn't kidding...it's really good and way better than anything I've ever written in my college career!!

xoxo
Lexxi
Finally started the process of becoming the real me! 5/20/19
Came out online 5/20/19
First time coming out face to face 6/3/19
First therapist appointment for HRT 6/3/19
Got my letter for HRT 6/10/19
Came out to my mom 6/18/19
Started HRT 7/12/19

Offline josie76

• Family
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2019, 07:57:43 am »
Have you tried Elsevier (https://www.google.com/search?q=elsevier&rlz=1C1CHBD_enUS838US839&oq=elsvier&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.8809j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8)

I published a few papers through them!  They are probably The resource in academic publishing

Well I'm trying again. I just submitted it through Elserver to Social Science Research which looked to be the best match.

Lexxi, thanks for the comment. I may have to go back now and get rid of that reference. Too late for this last submission but know I know more.

Offline Linde

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2019, 05:12:56 pm »
When I published, Wikipedia was not around.  But if you use the scientific reference found in Wikipedia, you might have good resources.  And as always, university libraries are a very good resource

Offline josie76

• Family
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2019, 05:44:20 am »
Well I was immediately rejected for not having a study with a set of hard rules. Mine is more of a review of literature but still to me seems "social science" related.

Offline Linde

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2019, 11:01:35 am »
Well I was immediately rejected for not having a study with a set of hard rules. Mine is more of a review of literature but still to me seems "social science" related.
can you twist it a little, and massage it into their guidelines?  It is not that uncommon to rewrite some papers several times until the fit the rules.  My ex was a professor, and she had to publish all the times.  We edited almost every paper several times over.
Don't give up, I think your paper is good.

Tags: