Author Topic: Showing off cool new purchases  (Read 3106 times)

Offline Pygmalion

• Friend
Showing off cool new purchases
« on: July 19, 2019, 03:50:56 pm »
Sorry if a thread for this already exists ...

Who can resist showing off their shiny new femme wear, whether some new cute jewellery or some amazing thrift bargain or some new make-up or whatever.

Show me your latest awesome gear ladies - inspire me! :)

Offline JennyTG

• Family
Re: Showing off cool new purchases
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2020, 09:19:04 pm »
Is there a thread for this topic?  I would love to see that, it would be a whole lotta fun to show off our latest goodies!

~Jenny~
- Jenny

Offline LexaBlackbird

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2020, 09:59:38 pm »
Funny you should ask; I just had a big "girls day out" for my birthday yesterday! Here's my haul:

1. Some great thigh highs and knee socks from Sock Dreams, plus some lovely lilac tights! And Wonder Woman socks! The staff were so very friendly, too. A true Portland gem of a store!

2. A beautiful hardbound book of three plays by Euripides from Another Read Through, a cool bookstore in the same block.

3. Some personal care items from She Bop, a fabulous adult boutique just a couple blocks further.

4. Three warm cardigans and a pair of capris from the Goodwill, on our way to the nearby mall.

5. Fake pearls and some cute earrings from Claire’s, where I got my ears pierced! Until yesterday I only had the 4-gauge piercing in my left ear, but I wanted to wear regular earrings too. I normally would prefer to support a local piercing shop, as I did with my gauge, but going to Claire’s to get your ears pierced at the mall just felt like a girlhood ritual I wanted to indulge in - plus, cheap jewelry!

6. Some lovely presents from a couple of my BFFs who were part of the girl-gang for the day - earrings, pins, a bracelet and a loooong necklace!

Offline JennyTG

• Family
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2020, 02:07:55 am »
^^^ Nice jewelry selection! Only have both ears pierced once and that's enough for me.  I just snag cheap costume jewelry whenever unique items show up on the net.  Also I know a lovely local retired lady that sells a lot of vintage items online (for a fair price) that I just adore.  Purchased a fair amount of earrings and necklaces from her over the years, I think she knows I'm trans by now ::)     
- Jenny

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2020, 04:11:57 am »
Funny you should ask; I just had a big "girls day out" for my birthday yesterday! Here's my haul:

1. Some great thigh highs and knee socks from Sock Dreams, plus some lovely lilac tights! And Wonder Woman socks! The staff were so very friendly, too. A true Portland gem of a store!

2. A beautiful hardbound book of three plays by Euripides from Another Read Through, a cool bookstore in the same block.

3. Some personal care items from She Bop, a fabulous adult boutique just a couple blocks further.

4. Three warm cardigans and a pair of capris from the Goodwill, on our way to the nearby mall.

5. Fake pearls and some cute earrings from Claire’s, where I got my ears pierced! Until yesterday I only had the 4-gauge piercing in my left ear, but I wanted to wear regular earrings too. I normally would prefer to support a local piercing shop, as I did with my gauge, but going to Claire’s to get your ears pierced at the mall just felt like a girlhood ritual I wanted to indulge in - plus, cheap jewelry!

6. Some lovely presents from a couple of my BFFs who were part of the girl-gang for the day - earrings, pins, a bracelet and a loooong necklace!

Wow, you sure got a lot of girly goodies!   :)

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Online Maid Marion

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2020, 06:48:17 am »
Kohls had Levis at 70% off!  I bought a size 4 high rise shorts (no stretch) and a size 0 stretchy jeans that both fit great!
If you read the fine print they don't give extra discounts on Levis and other premium brands; I cleverly bought the jeans just before their big January sale that is still going on now!

Marion

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2020, 06:51:30 am »
Kohls had Levis at 70% off!  I bought a size 4 high rise shorts (no stretch) and a size 0 stretchy jeans that both fit great!
If you read the fine print they don't give extra discounts on Levis and other premium brands; I cleverly bought the jeans just before their big January sale that is still going on now!

Marion

Saving money is nice to be able to do for purchases.

Chrissy

Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Julielynn

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2020, 06:45:56 pm »
Prepare to hate me.   I'm spoiled.

Online Maid Marion

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2020, 08:05:07 pm »
Nice!  I just opened a box of See's truffles today!  I spent so much at VS that they sent me a $50 bonus award!
Which means I'll be visiting the mall to spend it.

Marion

Offline barbie

• I change my avatar every week
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2020, 01:02:03 am »
The bridal hair comb was delivered yesterday.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000014782113.html

barbie~~
Just do it.

Offline Julielynn

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2020, 04:06:25 am »
That is seriously cute Barbie, I love your taste.

Online Pammie

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2020, 04:58:53 am »
I agree on both counts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline JennyTG

• Family
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2020, 05:59:30 am »
Julielynn, I had a thing for handbags but unfortunately a few nice ones went out with a purge a few years back, including some lovely prints and a gorgeous pink with a giant bow.  Of course I could never find it again.  I have a couple of nice handbags now (one that surprisingly matches my floral boots exactly!) but I always miss that pinkie the most :(

~Jenny~
- Jenny

Offline barbie

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2020, 02:38:02 pm »

I agree on both counts!

Thanks! And I have to remind you that it is very cheap, just US$ 1.01 with free delivery.

barbie~~
Just do it.

Offline Julielynn

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2020, 08:51:39 pm »
Thanks! And I have to remind you that it is very cheap, just US$ 1.01 with free delivery.

barbie~~

I noticed, I did look it up.   Kinda wanted one too.  ;)   Cheap is always nice for good looking stuff.

Offline barbie

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2020, 02:59:49 am »
I have a bunch of bridal hairpins which I am going to wear with the wedding dress in the upcoming spring. I show another hairpin delivered recently.

barbie~~
Just do it.

Offline IWish

• Neighbor
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2020, 03:50:53 pm »
Julielynn Love your pink over shoulder !!

IWish
IWish I was born a girl !

Offline barbie

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2020, 01:12:29 am »
Another cheap ribbon

barbie~~
Just do it.

Offline Julielynn

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2020, 12:26:47 am »
Julielynn Love your pink over shoulder !!

IWish

That's my fav.  It's Kate Spade, not super posh, but still well made stuff.

Offline JennyTG

• Family
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2020, 06:37:53 pm »
I love this thread and want to bump it, will try and post some pics soon :)

~Jenny~
- Jenny

Tags: