Author Topic: Upton Blues Festival  (Read 265 times)

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
Upton Blues Festival
« on: July 20, 2019, 02:34:40 am »
So I live in the small (UK) town of Upton upon Severn and they hold an annual blues festival, the main street is closed for 3 days  due to the number of folks and small pavements (side walks ) and its a great party . 2 main stages and 13 venues in the pubs and clubs ( yes for a small town we have a lot of pubs!! but then it was a main stop of on the river back 100 + years ago) . It says blues but there is every sort of music from a rockabilly band through to a gospel quire , soul , rock and covers bands. Went to see the Del Ray Rockets last night ,that's the rockabilly band . Double bass, lead guitar and brilliant drummer, so much energy in a small bar and the room was jumping  . Picking the acts now to see today , soul band on at midday and on stage at 6 pm is Never the Bride . In the program it says Roger Daltrey said best rock female vocalist since Janis Joplin so worth a look. BTW can see main stage from my window and hear it!!! Just hope the showers stay away and I don't have to many beers but then I can stagger home.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Cindy

Re: Upton Blues Festival
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 03:12:44 am »
Sounds awesome!!!!!

When I lived in the UK many many years ago I sort of remember going to a 2 day Folk Festival. It was great, or so I was told. The hangover would have killed a rhinoceros - that I do remember.

Tags: