Author Topic: Dead named  (Read 486 times)

Offline noitsbecky

• Neighbor
Dead named
« on: July 18, 2019, 08:05:47 pm »
i went to buy a new car, and on my credit verification my old name popped up after over ten years after my name change i started crying cause i felt embarrassed and humiliated. im stealth btw.  will my old name ever die?

Offline stacy2019

Re: Dead named
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 08:09:03 pm »
No! Your old name will be listed as alises. U need to call all 3 credit reporting and let them k ow that the primary name has been changed

Sent from my N5001L using Tapatalk

Offline Sophiaprincess2019

• www.tickerfactory.com
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2019, 08:16:12 pm »
... i started crying cause i felt embarrassed and humiliated...

Oh hunny, you should be proud to be Transgender sweetie!!! A lot of people have given their lives so we can be visible and recognized as any other human in society. Being Transgender is nothing to be embarrassed or humiliated about!

"My name is Sophia and I'm Transgender".......see...nothing to hang your head over !!

Lots of hugs and support!

Sophia
1968 Assigned male at birth with feminine mannerisms
1978 Dolls and dresses
1988 Experimental stage, limited makeup and clothes
1998 Denial continues, unsuccessfully tried living as a man
12-8-2018 time for a change....
2-21-2019 Started HRT
2-21-2020 One year HRT
2-21-2021 Two years HRT

Offline noitsbecky

• Neighbor
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2019, 08:20:31 pm »
Thank you Stacy i will do that

Offline noitsbecky

• Neighbor
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2019, 08:23:38 pm »
Thank you Sophie i wish i had you confidence and pride.  i hate being trans i hate myself sometimes i just wish idk what i wish but i wish i could be out im just to scared or embarrassed or shamed.  its just me how i think about me.  i do not feel trans women should have anything to be ashamed about but i just not a fan of me

Offline Linde

• Full time for some time
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2019, 09:13:47 pm »
Thank you Sophie i wish i had you confidence and pride.  i hate being trans i hate myself sometimes i just wish idk what i wish but i wish i could be out im just to scared or embarrassed or shamed.  its just me how i think about me.  i do not feel trans women should have anything to be ashamed about but i just not a fan of me
Just relax, you have a long and hard journey behind you to come to the place your now, a woman!
I still get stuff with my dead name on, because my dead name is a fact of my former life.
Just today I got a pretty big check send to me to my dead name on.  I just will take t to the bank and remind them that this used to be my name, no big deal!
There is nothing to be ashamed of to be a trans woman, and after a while your dead name will die, because it is dead!  And even your junk mail will have your new name!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 10:33:47 pm by Linde »

Offline krobinson103

• Life is a journey, enjoy it!
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2019, 10:24:57 pm »
There is no shame in your accepting your past. I didn't even change my name just my gender marker. There is nothing to be ashamed of being trans, its just one small part of you and very few people even see it. :)
Every day is a totally awesome day
Every day provides opportunities and challenges
Every challenge leads to an opportunity
Every fear faced leads to one more strength
Every strength leads to greater success
Success leads to self esteem
Self Esteem leads to happiness.
Cherish every day.

Offline Lynne

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2019, 03:28:19 am »
I can totally understand your feelings when you saw your old name popping up. I don't feel any connection to my birth name, it isn't me, it was never me, it feels like mockery to hear that name associated with me. I'm not proud of being trans, why would I be? I did nothing to be this way. I'm somewhat proud that I'm still alive and doing well for myself despite my trans issues.

It is true that our birth name will be part of our past forever but I believe that we should be the ones to decide who should see this kind of information about us. I can understand if someone doesn't care much about this but it's still not right that people who have no business knowing these things have access to this information.

Offline Rhonda Lynn

• MTF 1991
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2019, 12:21:21 am »
I understand that many feel differently, but I'm in the camp of

The old name is dead and I hope that I never hear it ever again.

It's not that I'm ashamed of being trans. I guess I'm not proud of presenting as a male all those years. That identity feels like a total sham and I don't want to think about it more than I have to. If my husband were to ever see a picture of me from before I would die of shame.

Tags: