Author Topic: Metoidioplasty with scrotoplasty  (Read 510 times)

Offline Trying to be me

Metoidioplasty with scrotoplasty
« on: July 22, 2019, 01:45:46 am »
So I have tried looking on Facebook groups and haven't had any luck. I'm looking for people who have gotten the surgery I'm considering and can give advice.

I am looking to get a simple release meta. I am keeping my front hole. I am on the fence about a scrotoplasty. If I do, I want the VY method so the balls hang under my penis and as one sack. Here's where I need advice. I date men. I use my front hole for sex. I worry that if I were to have balls, they'd get in the way during sex. I don't want to not be able to do my favorite positions or have to hold onto my scrotum the whole time to keep them out of the way.

So has anyone else gotten a meta and scrotoplasty, and kept their front hole? How has it affected sex?

Offline Dex

• Friend
Re: Metoidioplasty with scrotoplasty
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 10:54:00 am »
Hello!

No one else has responded. I have waited because I don’t have exactly what you’re looking for but in the absence of any other info, it’s better than nothing I guess.

A lot of times, once guys have bottom surgery, they kinda drift off the boards and aren’t really active anymore.

I had metoidioplasty with rotational flap scrotoplasty and vaginectomy in June 2018. I did not have urethral lengthening. So I had most of what you’re looking for except I do not and did not use the front hole and actually having the vaginectomy was one of the main things I was looking for in bottom surgery.  I am also straight so have never enjoyed penetration of any kind so this is a bit hypothetical.

But I do have the hanging, anteriorly placed, fused scrotum so I can kind of speak to how it lays and such.  I had testicular implants, monsplasty, and buried penis repair (to make things look more “normal) in April 2019.

One caveat I have is that I have a very large scrotum. Based on my own research of looking at other post scrotoplasty results and the doctor’s comments, I had a lot of tissue to work with so my scrotum is more... dangly than what I’ve seen from other results comparatively.

When I lay down, my scrotum (particularly post implants) does lay against my perineum. I don’t have a front hole anymore so I can’t say for certain that it would cover that up but based on the size I have and just my general anatomy, I do believe it would.

However, that’s only laying flat on my back. On my stomach, it lays forward, when I lay on my side, it’s usually laying forward/to the side. I am confident there are many many positions where you would not need to pull it aside or move it manually.

I hope this helps somewhat. I do have a thread (Metoidioplasty - June 2018 I think) about my stage 1 and 2 healing experience and overall questions/answers if you’re interested.

Let me know if you have any other questions

Offline Trying to be me

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 12:57:03 am »
Thanks for your reply. I'm bummed that no one else has responded. I don't know if it's because no one else has done what I'm asking or, as you said, people on here disappear after surgery.

I an curious about the "buried penis repair". What did they do for that? I've only ever heard of that for cis guys.

Offline Dex

• Friend
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2019, 09:28:58 am »
Dr Santucci spent the last 30 or so years as a leading surgeon in reconstructive urology and buried penis repair in cis males. He is actually the person Dr Crane did his reconstructive urology fellowship under. He has recently (10/2018) decided to dedicate the last portion of his career to trans related care and joined Dr Crane’s practice in Austin.

He did my second stage surgery and I honestly don’t have enough good things to say about him. He’s super personable, passionate, kind, and answered all my questions.

Oftentimes with meta, there is some tissue around the sides of the neophallus due to the anatomy of a AFAB person. Previously, monsplasty would consist of tightening and removing tissue from the mons, but that side tissue would remain. That is where the nerve and blood supply run to the new scrotum and would cause major issues to just remove.

Dr Santucci has taken his work with buried penis repair on cis males to this new application in second stage meta. When I was talking with him while I was in Austin, he said there were discussions about how to do meta better and he thought this would be a great application and would function much the same way as it does in cis males (freeing up more of the neophallus to be visible). It’s amazing to me how sometimes innovation is just a matter of someone on the outside looking in and thinking “well why WOULDN’T this other thing we’ve been doing for years in other areas work?”

Anyway, it consists of essentially using that normally cis male surgery to remove, tighten up, reshape the area around the neophallus to free up more of the phallus to be visible and gives a very very male contour to that area.

What it resulted in, for me, is a phallus that is still smaller than the average male but once the scars turn white would probably be almost indistinguishable from a natal male micropenis and scrotum visually (in passing anyway).

I’m only 3 months out from that stage 2 surgery so there is plenty more healing to go. But honestly, I love how it looks. He did an absolutely fantastic job. I’m still working on pumping to try to prevent the retraction I had the first time around from retracting again but if I need a minor touch up for that, I’d be ok doing that.