Author Topic: Young Woman comes out on YouTube about needing to Detransition from being a Tran  (Read 1317 times)

Offline judithlynn

• Transgender Woman
See:

JudithLynn
:-*
Hugs

Offline Rachel_Christina

• Family
This was a strange video.
Parts of it but into the notion that the whole trans things is a contract that has been designed for some unknown reason. Possibly population control.
It's a strange video to share here in the sense that I can only really see this being of interest to someone wanting to de transition or show others that there is something more sinister to the whole transition process.

I for one just do myself, if someone wants to call me a man a woman or whatever else I do not in anyway care.
I know what I feel.
I don't care if I really am a man or something else, I don't care if it is a mental disorder or an actual physical something different in my brain, the outcome is the same regardless.
I just have my outside shell that world sees and perceives.

A very strange video indeed

Offline Lexxi

• MTF Trans Woman
  • 50 Year old MTF
I'm sorry but I'm calling <nonsense> on this video. It doesn't sound like she was trans to begin with, and I think she made this video because she's a member of one of those anti-trans churches or organizations.

She said she never laid in bed and prayed to be a boy. I'm sure if you ask nearly any other trans person if they prayed to switch genders when they were younger they'd say that they did. Oh and she also said she doesn't believe in God. If she doesn't believe in God then why was she praying to begin with?

But the kicker for me was that she said those online groups pressured her to transition. I've been in online groups multiple hours per day, every single day for over 2 and a half months now, and I've not heard even one person being pressured to transition. In fact every time someone asks if they're trans in one of the groups I belong to, responders are always very careful to tell the person that they need to go talk to a gender therapist. They may tell them that what they're describing is gender dysphoria, but no one has said "yes, you're definitely trans, and you need to start transitioning immediately."

I also thought it was kind of weird that she hadn't told her parents yet and didn't want to make a grand gesture to the general public. Then why was she making a video and putting it on YouTube. That just doesn't make sense! You think if she really had been trans and decided to detransition her parents would be the very first people she'd talk to about it since they were against it in the first place.

For the record I quit watching the video at about the 8 minute mark when she claimed that online groups were pressuring her.

So that's my two cents on this video. I think it's nothing but propaganda.

Lexxi
Finally started the process of becoming the real me! 5/20/19
Came out online 5/20/19
First time coming out face to face 6/3/19
First therapist appointment for HRT 6/3/19
Got my letter for HRT 6/10/19
Came out to my mom 6/18/19
Started HRT 7/12/19

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
Nothing wrong with detransitioning. It's something that we tend to stigmatize here on the site. Wrongly.

Oh, and it isn't news, this is posted in the wrong section.
Veteran, US Army

Offline Paige

Nothing wrong with detransitioning. It's something that we tend to stigmatize here on the site. Wrongly.

Oh, and it isn't news, this is posted in the wrong section.

Hi Devlyn,

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't get the feeling that anyone was stigmatizing detransitioning.  Obviously it happens for many different reasons and there's nothing wrong with that. But I think many transgender people have their guard up for stories like these because they've been used as a method to delegitimize transgender people.

Maybe she's being honest with her feelings, but I have a feeling a lot of anti-transgender groups will push this video to promote an anti-trans narrative.

Take care,
Paige :)

Offline HappyMoni

• Smiles for the house, it's on me!
I have no reason to doubt this is genuine. My impression is this is an extremely impressionable young person searching for an answer. I add impressionable because I am doubting there was actual pressure to transition in any general sense. It may have been an isolated event. I tend to think there is some embarrassment of flip flopping (haven't told parents yet), so maybe there is a tendency to point fingers at some mysterious online 'agenda' so as to not look silly in people's eyes. I hope they are finding their real self. Of course, people who hate us will not look at the thousands of successful transitions, they will point to this one video. Hopefully no one will try to contact them to become their cult anti trans spokes person. When it gets down to it, you can't fault someone for figuring themselves out if they aren't hurting others.
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)
"Moni" is pronounced like "Bonnie"

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS, great repair.

]

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
Hi Devlyn,

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't get the feeling that anyone was stigmatizing detransitioning.  Obviously it happens for many different reasons and there's nothing wrong with that. But I think many transgender people have their guard up for stories like these because they've been used as a method to delegitimize transgender people.

Maybe she's being honest with her feelings, but I have a feeling a lot of anti-transgender groups will push this video to promote an anti-trans narrative.

Take care,
Paige :)

I think the idea of posting a transgender person's experience here so others can "call <nonsense>" on it speaks clearly to the stigmatizing.  :(
Veteran, US Army

Offline Lexxi

• MTF Trans Woman
  • 50 Year old MTF
I hope I didn't offend anyone with my remark. That wasn't my intention at all. If I did offend anyone I apologize.
I was just pointing out all the inconsistencies in her story that made me feel that she's not telling the truth. If, however, she is telling the truth I'm glad that she found what's best for her. But I still think this is a "plant" story by an anti-trans group or organization. Too much of it simply doesn't make sense for the reasons I mentioned.

Lexxi
Finally started the process of becoming the real me! 5/20/19
Came out online 5/20/19
First time coming out face to face 6/3/19
First therapist appointment for HRT 6/3/19
Got my letter for HRT 6/10/19
Came out to my mom 6/18/19
Started HRT 7/12/19

Offline Pammie

This is the stick we are constantly beaten with - not sure this is particularly valuable tbh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline emma-f

• Friend
  • instagram - emmalouisef1981
    • Instagram
I’ve not watched it (couldn’t be bothered tbh) but I have seen this posted on TERF sites already, and I note that despite Alfie having 300 subscribers and 300 views for his other videos, this one hit £25k views in 3 weeks.

My 2 cents, detransitioning happens, and I’m cool with anyone that does and support them 100% (unless, like Walt Heyer, they turn it into an anti trans thing) and I never liked how that academic was stopped from studying detransitioning at, I think, Bristol uni. If this is merely a young lad who worked out his own identity and realised transition wasn’t for him, or that he wasn’t trans, or whatever, good look to him

Em x

Tags: