General Discussions > Spirituality

trans and christian? what the bible say?

<< < (7/8) > >>

BlueJaye:

--- Quote from: Madison2002 on August 25, 2019, 12:46:35 am ---Deuteronomy 22:5 New International Version (NIV)
 "A woman must not wear men’s clothing, nor a man wear women’s clothing, for the Lord your God detests anyone who does this."

Some translations say 'abomination'.

--- End quote ---

There are many ways to argue about this verse. But, let’s ask the question, should a woman wear women’s clothing, or a man wear men’s clothing? That’s what it really comes down to. If we are really the men and women we know we are, then it’s actually a sin according to this verse for us to dress outside of our gender.

There are a number of problems when trying to apply this verse to trans people.

Adchop:

--- Quote from: nvikki on August 06, 2019, 06:27:23 am ---Hi all,

I am a transgender woman, and really try to be Christian but so difficult when all my family are so much homophobic. They love me, but the same time they make me always so stressed out and depressed because they believe being transgender is just wrong. Both my mom and dad are pastors. I am divorced with two kids. I just love them too much so I don't want to cut all communications with my ex and with them, but I don't know what to tell them, and they would not listen to me anyways...and feel that my transition is so beautiful, and it would be if they would accept me. But now my life is totally in ruins and always stressed out because of relationship breakdown, psychological abuse and a huge guilt that this is all I did, and I do it to myself because I choose to transition and not choosing God. I believe it is possible to be trans and Christian, I really try to be. But with such guilt putting, I don't know how possible...
They tell me that :
- God created me, and I should not create myself
- God created the man and woman and there is no other gender.
- that I am a <transgender person> whore, and it is Sodom who I am (I am not a sex worker)
- it is immoral to be a transgender
- that I should return to be a man and go back to my ex (I won't be a man again)
- I am serving the devil and don't listen

anyways, I don't even know how to deal with them and how to deal with this all at all...and I can't prove myself and I can't defend myself because my life is not pretty now, and they are better talkers and they always win with words.
and...what really the Bible say?

--- End quote ---

Hi,

I’m sorry you’re going through all this. If i can i would like to suggest a few Christian writers that might help. Paul Young is very inclusive, & so is andrew marin.  Marin wrote a book called Love is an orientation based off his experiences with friends in the lgbt community.

Paul Muad-Dib:
In my view Christians should follow the example set by Jesus and Jesus had nothing bad to say about transgender or transsexual people. Even if he'd been confronted with one in life what d'you think he would do? These people talking to you are speaking for Him out of ignorance.

Victoria V:
If we are to use only scripture and not our own thoughts or any denominational teaching there are some things so many overlook.

To start with, it is written we should consider ourselves when we see a brother (or sister) at fault. (or what we may think is a fault)
How would we feel if we were in their place?
Would your family enjoy having them tell us what your family has said?

Secondly, it is also written "doth not nature teach us"

Deuteronomy 22:5 does not say a woman should not wear a man's garment.
It says the woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man.

Since our Lord Jesus is a High Priest that means we should not wear a "breastplate of judgment" or judge anyone.
It also means women should not wear weapons of war.
Using nature men have a member of their body women do not. Therefor a woman should not wear an athletic supporter or men's underwear such as briefs.

It also says neither shall a man put on a woman's garment.
Nature teaches us that women have parts of their body men do not.
A man should not wear a bra or a veil.
The veil is the only listed woman's garment and the bra by nature.

Of course men who have had breast augmentation could as they have breasts.

Men are listed as wearing skirts and breeches were listed for men. None of the priests were women.

This is the explanation which is scripture only and has no twisting of denominations or teachings which cater to any given time frame, location, or societal limitations or backing.

I hope this helps as it is only scripture and nothing outside of scripture.

Northern Star Girl:
@Victoria V
Dear Victoria V
PLEASE know that I am not trying to hijack and sidetrack your posted comments but first I wish to give you a big Welcome here to Susan's Place and the Forums and to provide you with the Forums Rules that will help you be involved here.
    Thank you for coming to the Forums and submitting your very first post.
    I am most pleased that you had decided to join the Susan's Place site.

Thank you for writing your first posting.... as you get more involved in exchanging comments on various posts other members will be offering their thoughts and comments in response to any of your future questions and concerns..

This is the right place for you to be to find out what others may have to say regarding their own experieinces.
    There are a lot of members here that will be able to identify with your situation as you continue to feel free to share it.

I also want to warmly WELCOME you to Susan's Place. 
You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others and to read about others similar trials, tribulations, and successes.

As you are certainly aware you can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other like-minded members.  When frustrated or if you have successes you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....
     ***It's a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new friends here. 

Please come in and continue to be involved at your own pace.

There is information and important LINKS that I have included below.   You will find information about the site that will help you navigate around and best utilize the features here.   
Please look closely at the LINKS in RED, answers are there to many questions that new members ask.

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all new members should be familiar with:

Things that you should readSite Terms of Service & Rules to Live ByStandard Terms & DefinitionsPost Ranks (including when you can upload an avatar)Cautionary NoteReputation rulesNews posting & quoting guidelinesPhoto, avatars, & signature images policyMembership Agreement

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version