Author Topic: Ulta Makeup  (Read 931 times)

Offline Jane.Shannon

Ulta Makeup
« on: August 07, 2019, 01:46:39 pm »
Good Morning,
I know Sephora is very trans friendly, but what about Ulta?
There is an Ulta closer to my house. Actually it is between work and home.
Thanks,
Jane
June 2021: Orchiectomy
July 2020: Full Time
Aug 2019: Started HRT
Dec 2019: Hair Feminization Surgery

Offline TonyaW

Re: Ulta Makeup
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 05:34:23 pm »
Been to ULTA a few times for services other than just shopping.  Had my hair cut, colored and styled once and had my eyebrows done at the brow bar.  Had no problems of any sort.

Don't know if they have an official policy but I'd think they're plenty happy to take our money. 

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Offline HappyMoni

• Smiles for the house, it's on me!
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 06:45:32 pm »
Jane,

I was to Ulta three times recently. I had two makeup lessons and had my brows mapped out. I was open about being trans because I wanted to concentrate on accentuating the feminine and down playing the masculine. They were great. They were very helpful and didn't bat an eye when I told them. One young lady told me she knew someone who was trans so it was no big deal.

Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)
"Moni" is pronounced like "Bonnie"

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS, great repair.

]

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2019, 06:53:22 pm »
Jane,

I was to Ulta three times recently. I had two makeup lessons and had my brows mapped out. I was open about being trans because I wanted to concentrate on accentuating the feminine and down playing the masculine. They were great. They were very helpful and didn't bat an eye when I told them. One young lady told me she knew someone who was trans so it was no big deal.

Moni
@HappyMoni

That sounds like a nice experience Moni.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2019, 06:55:08 pm »
Plus we should not forget to use their ULTAmate loyalty rewards program when we buy something from them! 

:)

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline TonyaW

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2019, 11:16:15 am »
Jane,

Moni
Did the brow mapping thing also.  More expensive than a wax elsewhere but worth it if you're not happy with the current shape of your brows. Was a very good experience,  cosmetician was helpful in picking a shade for a brow pencil and also some foundation after the brow bif was done.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Offline Jane.Shannon

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2019, 11:34:34 am »
Thanks girls! It is nice to know their other services are worth considering too.
Jane Shannon
June 2021: Orchiectomy
July 2020: Full Time
Aug 2019: Started HRT
Dec 2019: Hair Feminization Surgery

Tags: