Author Topic: As a mtf, when you do not "pass", what do you think was the cause?  (Read 2385 times)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Re: As a mtf, when you do not "pass", what do you think was the cause?
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2020, 10:12:53 am »
Some apps are good. I use one and I paid for all of its lessons, and took all of them.  I have used some YouTube videos plus I sing and do scales and practice.  I used to practice while driving but now that it curtailed.

I was looking at another app but is requires a subscription, and ten dollars here and ten dollars here do add up.  I think it is a practice thing but maybe some people need voice surgery.  Maybe I will try another app though first.  It will be far less expensive.

Chrissy
Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Pammie

Pammie, is that NHS or private?

I am wondering whether the NHS speech & language therapy has been suspended due to the Coronavirus.
It was private. A lady called Maggi. Her website is MaggiStratford.com if i’m allowed to put that. Her fb handle is transvoiceleeds. She is great and I thoroughly recommend her! Xx

I opened the door and the light shone in

Offline Ellie_Arroway

• ellie_arroway@susans.org
It was private. A lady called Maggi. Her website is MaggiStratford.com if i’m allowed to put that. Her fb handle is transvoiceleeds. She is great and I thoroughly recommend her! Xx

Thanks. I'm out of work at the moment, so I can't spare the money for private, at least, not right now.

Ellie
Started seriously questioning: 24 Aug 2019
Referred to GIC: 23 Sep 2019
Full-time female presentation since: 21 Oct 2019, unbroken since 12 Dec 2019
Official name change by deed poll: 11 Nov 2019
HRT: "kind of" started 15 Jul 2020
Most of my story is in the Just another mtf tale thread!
Twitch streamer MusicEllie

Offline Pammie

Thanks. I'm out of work at the moment, so I can't spare the money for private, at least, not right now.

Ellie
I think Maggi also does work through Leeds GIS. X

I opened the door and the light shone in

Offline WishnHopeN

« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2020, 10:48:39 pm »
My brow bone was a bit manly.  Other than that, there are cis women who don't pass very well so...

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
As a mtf, when you do not "pass", what do you think was the cause?
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2020, 06:33:18 pm »
When not being comfortable as yourself in the presence of others - that does likely not make for the best of times, that is for sure.

Chrissy

Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Nadine Spirit

• Little Mrs. Snarky
    • Unordinary Style
« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2020, 08:44:44 pm »
Early on it was a total lack of confidence that outed me, that and possibly not dressing appropriately for the venue.  But that was back in my cross dresser days. 

Once I transitioned, the thing that outed me the most was my voice.  I began voice therapy back in 2019 and did four months of it.  I then practiced for another year and am now currently back in voice therapy trying to perfect things. 

I have not been misgendered once, by a stranger, either in person or on the phone, for about 1.5 years now.  So then what outs me the most now?  The fact that coworkers, friends, and family know about my past and can't seem to reorganize their thoughts properly.  Which sucks, but hey at least I've got boobs now!

Tags: