News and Events > Bathroom News

A Trans Woman Was Arrested for Using Women's Restroom

(1/3) > >>

stephaniec:
A Trans Woman Was Arrested for Using Women's Restroom

https://www.out.com/transgender/2019/8/17/trans-woman-was-arrested-using-womens-restroom?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=transgender&fbclid=IwAR3tNj7tvd2rUy-34t3NbZiJ4O_AO2Qmk3LdbYsU0J9vLC6S467RNPZilW8

OUT/By Serena Sonoma
August 17 2019 12:12 PM EDT

"A transgender woman was handcuffed after attempting to use the women’s restroom in a shopping mall in the Quezon City area of Manila, the Phillippines, this week according to reports.
"

Lynne:
What is not clear to me is, how did they know that she is trans? She looks like a beautiful young lady, I wouldn't think that she is trans based on her looks, we obviously don't have the complete picture here.

Devlyn:
Looking nice is only a small portion of being perceived as your target gender. Voice is a much bigger factor. There's a potentially dangerous element of our community where we look at a picture (possibly photoshopped) and tell someone if they "pass" or not.

Lynne:

--- Quote from: Devlyn on August 19, 2019, 03:17:43 pm ---Looking nice is only a small portion of being perceived as your target gender. Voice is a much bigger factor. There's a potentially dangerous element of our community where we look at a picture (possibly photoshopped) and tell someone if they "pass" or not.

--- End quote ---

You are right of course, I know there is more to passing than looks, my voice kept me from considering going full-time for years. I just find it strange that she got clocked by the cleaning lady.
I was in a similar situation a few years ago, when my voice was not very good, but I had to go the bathroom when I was dressed as a woman and I had no choice but to use a paid restroom. I didn't have to carry on a long conversation to pay and to get in.

zirconia:

--- Quote from: Lynne on August 19, 2019, 02:39:13 pm ---What is not clear to me is, how did they know that she is trans?

--- End quote ---

Lynne,

Judging from from the picture of them sitting together those accustomed to Asia can probably discern the difference. That said, yes—she's so close that I'm a bit curious why/how this happened.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version