Community Conversation > Legal Matters

Passport application help

(1/3) > >>

Hello all, I have a question that may or may not have been answered. I have been searching for an answer for a while now. My question is: when filling out a passport for a (mtf for example) which gender marker do you need to check on the form? The one assigned at birth (M in this case) or the gender the mtf identifies with (F in this case)?. Drivers ID marker has been changed to F, Name change court order is done, received Doctors letter affirming "Appropriate Clinical Treatment", birth certificate is not yet changed.
Thank you all for your time and I apologize if this is a redundant question.

For the USA form DS-11 I checked F when I was getting it swapped from M to F.

Yup!… I am afraid you’re an “F” now!!!! 🤗

You are "F" now.  Safe travels and have fun!!  I hope you are going somewhere beautiful.  I always suggest Santorini in the greek isles at some point in one's life.

Yes, what is said above.  Check the passport office (USA) website and follow instructions for a new passport.  Check what support documents are needed for name and gender change (normally a court order for both).  I submitted mine at my local Post Office and the person in charge was fast and efficient and made sure that everything was in order.  He even took a great picture for the passport too.  At an extra cost, of course!

It really is nice to see some parts of our bureaucratic government function efficiently.


[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version