Author Topic: Born Trans VS Became Trans?  (Read 2405 times)

Offline Allie Jayne

Re: Born Trans VS Became Trans?
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2019, 04:01:35 pm »
I was curious for the same.

Watch the first part of the video in the link I posted a couple of posts ago. The World Health      Organisation, and almost every government have accepted the science and changed the cause from mental to medical, why can’t we?

It gives me great comfort to know this is a physical birth anomaly, as I know it’s not something I have cooked up in my brain, and I know I can’t change it, so I have to deal with it.

Allie

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2019, 04:02:49 pm »
I was curious for the same.

If we are supplied with the scientific cause of why we're transgender, please make sure it gets stickied as THE most important post the site has ever seen.
Veteran, US Army

Offline John406

• Neighbor
« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2019, 05:27:01 pm »
My personal issue is that whatever way I seem to look at it, someone is telling me that there's something wrong with me.  The psychology people say there's something wrong with my brain. The doctor people say there's something wrong with my body. The spiritual people say there's something wrong with my soul.

How dare I propose the possibility that there's actually nothing wrong with me lol.

...almost every government have accepted the science and changed the cause from mental to medical, why can’t we?

Why must there be a "cause" at all? What's so wrong with someone simply feeling more comfortable as a different gender? I know for me personally, I can't find a single shred of physical evidence in my medical history or my parents medical history that could qualify me as having any kind of medical issue involving hormones or DES exposure. All my characteristics and body parts are typical for a male my age, from my brow ridge, to my chiseled athletic physique, down to my fingertips; I'm in perfect health; to say I have a medical condition is kind of ridiculous. Especially after going through all the physicals and rigorous training exercises I did during my emergency response years; if anything were truly WRONG with me, the doctors would've caught it long before I ever got my Red Card to go into the field. It's honestly kind of laughable to say I have a medical condition lol, so I guess that's why I personally feel uncomfortable with seeing it as a medical issue (in every case, at least).

It also makes more sense to me that it's a head thing for me because I've seen a lot of really messed up stuff, and as awesome as I am at being able to put on blinders to focus on a specific task, I wouldn't be surprised if blocking all that stuff out ended up shortcircuiting a region of my psyche or something lmao. And ya know, I'd be fine with that. I really don't care after putting as much thought as I have into it. At the end of the day the end result is still the same regardless; I experience dysphoria in regards to gender. ....For no readily apparent reason lmao. I just have to accept that. And try to laugh at myself too, otherwise I'd have gone insane many years ago.  :laugh:

It gives me great comfort to know this is a physical birth anomaly, as I know it’s not something I have cooked up in my brain, and I know I can’t change it, so I have to deal with it.

Allie

Even if it was something you'd cooked up in your brain, chances are, you still wouldn't be able to change it, and would still have to deal with it. The only difference is that it would be a mental anamoly as opposed to a physical anomaly.

You ever try to convert a Christian to Islam? ...Neither have I. That's because it's probably nigh unto impossible, because both Christianity and Islam are, in my book, quite severe "anomalies of the brain" which can't be changed with anything short of radical, brutal re-education/aversion therapy that effectively brainwashes the poor sap into thinking like a rational human being for perhaps the first time in their lives lmao.

But we just can't do that because it's super-dee-duper un-ethical, just as every bit as unethical as it is for someone to think or propose that they can change my entire personality because by their definition "there's something wrong with me" lol. How the hell would they feel if I suddenly started wanting to poke and prod them for hours, claiming I'm just trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with THEM? You see how that double standard is kinda sick and wrong? So yes, I dare propose the possibility that I'm just fine; physically, and probably mentally too; I question my sanity on a semi-regular basis, and every therapist I've ever had says that so long as I keep doing that, I don't have to worry lol. (It's when I think I have everyone and everything all figured out is when I need to worry haha! THOSE people are insane.  :laugh:)

Online Jessica

• I love you. No...... I might not know you, but if folk can hate for no good reason, I can love.
« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2019, 10:14:00 pm »
@Allie Jayne

Watch the first part of the video in the link I posted a couple of posts ago. The World Health      Organisation, and almost every government have accepted the science and changed the cause from mental to medical, why can’t we?

Allie

Unfortunately that video was full of site rule violations.
I do feel he is on the right track by trying something different instead of the status quo though.

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

Online Jessica

• I love you. No...... I might not know you, but if folk can hate for no good reason, I can love.
« Reply #64 on: September 03, 2019, 10:16:03 pm »
@Devlyn

If we are supplied with the scientific cause of why we're transgender, please make sure it gets stickied as THE most important post the site has ever seen.

You never know when that will happen Devlyn.  But when it does it will be stickied on top.

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2019, 07:27:26 am »
My personal issue is that whatever way I seem to look at it, someone is telling me that there's something wrong with me.  The psychology people say there's something wrong with my brain. The doctor people say there's something wrong with my body. The spiritual people say there's something wrong with my soul.

How dare I propose the possibility that there's actually nothing wrong with me lol.

Why must there be a "cause" at all? What's so wrong with someone simply feeling more comfortable as a different gender? I know for me personally, I can't find a single shred of physical evidence in my medical history or my parents medical history that could qualify me as having any kind of medical issue involving hormones or DES exposure. All my characteristics and body parts are typical for a male my age, from my brow ridge, to my chiseled athletic physique, down to my fingertips; I'm in perfect health; to say I have a medical condition is kind of ridiculous. Especially after going through all the physicals and rigorous training exercises I did during my emergency response years; if anything were truly WRONG with me, the doctors would've caught it long before I ever got my Red Card to go into the field. It's honestly kind of laughable to say I have a medical condition lol, so I guess that's why I personally feel uncomfortable with seeing it as a medical issue (in every case, at least).

It also makes more sense to me that it's a head thing for me because I've seen a lot of really messed up stuff, and as awesome as I am at being able to put on blinders to focus on a specific task, I wouldn't be surprised if blocking all that stuff out ended up shortcircuiting a region of my psyche or something lmao. And ya know, I'd be fine with that. I really don't care after putting as much thought as I have into it. At the end of the day the end result is still the same regardless; I experience dysphoria in regards to gender. ....For no readily apparent reason lmao. I just have to accept that. And try to laugh at myself too, otherwise I'd have gone insane many years ago.  :laugh:

Even if it was something you'd cooked up in your brain, chances are, you still wouldn't be able to change it, and would still have to deal with it. The only difference is that it would be a mental anamoly as opposed to a physical anomaly.

You ever try to convert a Christian to Islam? ...Neither have I. That's because it's probably nigh unto impossible, because both Christianity and Islam are, in my book, quite severe "anomalies of the brain" which can't be changed with anything short of radical, brutal re-education/aversion therapy that effectively brainwashes the poor sap into thinking like a rational human being for perhaps the first time in their lives lmao.

But we just can't do that because it's super-dee-duper un-ethical, just as every bit as unethical as it is for someone to think or propose that they can change my entire personality because by their definition "there's something wrong with me" lol. How the hell would they feel if I suddenly started wanting to poke and prod them for hours, claiming I'm just trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with THEM? You see how that double standard is kinda sick and wrong? So yes, I dare propose the possibility that I'm just fine; physically, and probably mentally too; I question my sanity on a semi-regular basis, and every therapist I've ever had says that so long as I keep doing that, I don't have to worry lol. (It's when I think I have everyone and everything all figured out is when I need to worry haha! THOSE people are insane.  :laugh:)

Indeed. I did not dwell on the why, I accepted who I was and moved on.

Asking why, other than idle curiosity, could be construed as looking at being transgender as something being wrong with us.

My new position is "Why am I transgender? Because I'm awesome and strong enough to handle it"
Veteran, US Army

Offline John406

• Neighbor
« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2019, 05:28:13 pm »
Dawww! *big hugs*  ;D

Offline Sephirah

« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2019, 02:27:00 pm »
I have to agree with Devlyn on this.

I know there's been a lot of new evidence brought forward with regard to scientific studies and how people's brain structure is more similar to their perceived gender. A scientific explanation, I suppose. But this worries me as much as it doesn't. It feels to me like giving people a sword they can use to strike at people who disagree with them, and people who don't measure up to these standards. I'm sorry but it does. I can't help it. The idea that one day science will come up with definitive proof has always kind of worried me. Because it removes the person altogether. It makes it into "You are like this because you are, no matter how you feel!"

I can see both sides of this. And I can see how it's likely to go. It's going to be all about proof. People wielding certificates around, like weapons, to prove their legitimacy. I get that people want definitive answers, but I also get that people rely on the way they feel. And I hate the thought that it would ever come to a point where someone said to someone else "I have proof and you don't, therefore you're not legitimate." Which is the way I can see it going, sadly. Because people have a tendency to prove themselves by disproving others.

Knowing "why" is a good thing... as long as it isn't used to beat others over the head who don't have that same level of "knowing."

Offline John406

• Neighbor
« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2019, 03:09:31 pm »
I have to agree with Devlyn on this.

I know there's been a lot of new evidence brought forward with regard to scientific studies and how people's brain structure is more similar to their perceived gender. A scientific explanation, I suppose. But this worries me as much as it doesn't. It feels to me like giving people a sword they can use to strike at people who disagree with them, and people who don't measure up to these standards. I'm sorry but it does. I can't help it. The idea that one day science will come up with definitive proof has always kind of worried me. Because it removes the person altogether. It makes it into "You are like this because you are, no matter how you feel!"

I can see both sides of this. And I can see how it's likely to go. It's going to be all about proof. People wielding certificates around, like weapons, to prove their legitimacy. I get that people want definitive answers, but I also get that people rely on the way they feel. And I hate the thought that it would ever come to a point where someone said to someone else "I have proof and you don't, therefore you're not legitimate." Which is the way I can see it going, sadly. Because people have a tendency to prove themselves by disproving others.

Knowing "why" is a good thing... as long as it isn't used to beat others over the head who don't have that same level of "knowing."

There's some straight up truth for ya; you said everything I was feeling that I couldn't quite place my finger on; why the idea of physical evidence makes me feel so uncomfortable and conflicted lol.

Offline Sephirah

« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2019, 03:20:22 pm »
There's some straight up truth for ya; you said everything I was feeling that I couldn't quite place my finger on; why the idea of physical evidence makes me feel so uncomfortable and conflicted lol.

End of the day, sweetie, go with how you feel. What you want your life to be. Who you see yourself to be. That's all we can do. Be you.

YOU have the right to self-determination. To be who you want to be. And it's not anyone else's place to tell you that you can't do that. Because you don't have the right brain, or the right genes, or the right attitude... or whatever else. No one else has to live in your skin but you. No one else knows what will make you feel at ease but you. Go with that. Follow that, wherever it leads. Look inside yourself, not outside at what other people think they know.

Offline John406

• Neighbor
« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2019, 07:59:09 pm »
End of the day, sweetie, go with how you feel. What you want your life to be. Who you see yourself to be. That's all we can do. Be you.

YOU have the right to self-determination. To be who you want to be. And it's not anyone else's place to tell you that you can't do that. Because you don't have the right brain, or the right genes, or the right attitude... or whatever else. No one else has to live in your skin but you. No one else knows what will make you feel at ease but you. Go with that. Follow that, wherever it leads. Look inside yourself, not outside at what other people think they know.

:icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_hug:

Ricki

« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2019, 08:09:26 pm »
No one can explain why they're cisgender, so there shouldn't be any expectation for us to know why we're transgender, either.  :)

We are grossly outnumbered, and might makes right. We also do not fit neatly into the religious paradigm so that makes us heretics by definition. Mankind attacks that which it does not understand or fears. There are people on this planet that make no effort to understand us, and think fearing us is the right thing to do.

As far as acceptance goes, it seems to me that the T's are 30 years behind the LGB's. I bet a fair amount of us here remember what it was like for Gays (any flavor) in the late '80s. Downright unpleasant. So about the time gays are in every aspect of society without a double blink, we might be able to start running for President in 2050. Might.

This is assuming that we are not outlawed by then, or the Supreme court does not declare open season on us come Oct 8th.

/bitter

Ricki

Offline John406

• Neighbor
« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2019, 09:20:34 pm »
...Anyone tries to hurt me or arrest me for being trans...I'm shooting them. ...Just saying.  :icon_2gun:

#ConservativeTrans lmao.  :laugh:

Tags: