Author Topic: Do you enjoy drinking coffee?  (Read 2687 times)

Offline Jessica_K

Re: Do you enjoy drinking coffee?
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2019, 11:07:08 pm »
I only drink black coffee. Has to be freshly ground. Mainly Americano where I ask for (If not doing it myself) an extra shot. Also drink espresso. And of course no sugar

Jessica xx

Colleen_definitely

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2019, 11:53:45 pm »
UGH !!!  :(
... none for me please.

TMI !!!
HUGS,
Danielle

The best part of waking up is civet poop in your cup.  Ok maybe that's why I'm not in marketing...

Colleen_definitely

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2019, 11:59:40 pm »
Yes that's the one - Thanks, I just looked it up but the wiki article points out its sold more on the story of its origins than the taste - which some labelled BAD.
 OH well....thank god I don't have to go there....

Sonja.

Apparently the civets prefer robusta coffee which would explain part of the flavor difference. Some robustas are pretty harsh tasting even without special processing.

That said there are some really great tasting robusta beans out there and they've always been a component in a properly blended French roast or espresso coffee. They also contain a lot more caffeine than arabica does.

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2019, 02:20:56 am »
I do, but mostly I drink it as a public service. You wouldn't like me without coffee.  :laugh:
Veteran, US Army

Offline kaygee

• Mademoiselle💃
  • A very stable genius.🤪
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2019, 05:52:42 am »
Civet coffee?

Honestly I've never had the opportunity to try it. They wash the beans well and brewing will kill anything nasty living in it so there's no real threat of infection or whatnot.

Anyway it's different because the civet cat's digestive tract causes some chemical changes in the beans, which are really just seeds. They absorb some of the flavor chemicals which makes the beans taste different than before they get uhh, "processed"

Back in the naughts in the NYTimes travel section, I read about Weasel Coffee, a specialty in Vietnam.
https://www.nytimes.com/2001/09/09/travel/hanoi-s-cafe-society.html

I'd love to try it but it is too expensive to buy in bulk, and Vietnamese restaurants I've asked have not heard of it.

It's made with the aforementioned digestive process.

And my Vietnamese beautician had not heard of it.
Give me ambiguity... or give me something else.

-Patrick… somebody

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2019, 06:35:39 am »
I usually make my own coffee instead of buying it at a cafe.
Occasionally I may buy a cup at a convenience store, priced lower than a coffee shop.
I will make several cups of coffee and put them in an insulated mug and it stays hot for hours.
I can make delicious coffee at home from fresh ground beans, it is no trouble at all.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline TonyaW

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2019, 07:07:54 am »
Black, blacker, blackest dark, darker, darkest roast from my Cuisinart grind-n-brew first thing in the morning.

After that a dry cappuccino or americano is good.  Later in the day a cold brew when it's hot or the sweeter lattes/mochas when in cold outside.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Colleen_definitely

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2019, 10:18:08 am »
I need to build an automatic French Press that works on a timer.  I much prefer press coffee but having to fumble around in the kitchen first thing is just a pain so my drip machine with the timer is what I go with now.

Colleen_definitely

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2019, 10:20:33 am »
Back in the naughts in the NYTimes travel section, I read about Weasel Coffee, a specialty in Vietnam.
https://www.nytimes.com/2001/09/09/travel/hanoi-s-cafe-society.html

I'd love to try it but it is too expensive to buy in bulk, and Vietnamese restaurants I've asked have not heard of it.

It's made with the aforementioned digestive process.

And my Vietnamese beautician had not heard of it.

That kind of sounds like a goofed up translation of civet coffee.  Or maybe civets get called weasels in Vietnamese (they do look kind of like weasels.) 

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2019, 10:55:34 am »
I didn't say how many cups (mugs ) I normally drink of black instant Columbian , one "normal" in the morning , a very large (like double) mug when I get to work, one about 10 ish , maybe one before lunch and defo one with lunch and another mid afternoon , I make that 10 normal mugs worth!!!! I need this much just to keep me going, when I go to my unit I take a 1.2L flask that needs 5 heaped spoons for correct taste.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever

Offline Sephirah

« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2019, 12:32:15 pm »
Do you enjoy drinking coffee?

Hot or cold?

What kind?  Are you one that tells a barista some very long order that describes the type of coffee, temperature, flavor shots, and so on?  I often make my own coffee after grinding a blend of coffee beans.

Do you drink your coffee black or with cream?

Do you use sugars or sweeteners, and if you do is sweeteners, artificial or something like Stevia?

Chrissy

It's literally my only vice, lol. I don't drink or smoke. Coffee is the one thing that gets me through the day, lol. I am not at all sure I could function without it, especially in a morning. The state I'm in when I wake up, before I have a coffee, is one that is liable to get me a headshot in a zombie apocalypse, lol.

Hot, black, no sugar, freshly ground, Colombian.

Mmmmmm....

Right, off to get a coffee, haha. ;D

Offline Sonja

• Taking charge of my life!
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2019, 05:00:21 pm »
I didn't say how many cups (mugs ) I normally drink of black instant Columbian , one "normal" in the morning , a very large (like double) mug when I get to work, one about 10 ish , maybe one before lunch and defo one with lunch and another mid afternoon , I make that 10 normal mugs worth!!!! I need this much just to keep me going, when I go to my unit I take a 1.2L flask that needs 5 heaped spoons for correct taste.
@davina61 

OMG - Davina....How regularly do you go to hostpital with heart palpitations???...lol

@Coleen_definitely
10 is a lot! I only have 4 espresso's a day, too scared to have more than that - I once had to go to hospital with heart palpitations which the nurse there believed was stress and caffeine induced - I was drinking about 7 a day. 
It was while I was being monitored the nurse came along, looked at my heart readings that were printing off and then looked worried and said to me "OH How are you feeling?" I said "Great! and raised my coffee as a sort of cheers. He said "You're not supposed to be drinking coffee!" he then showed me the heart rate readings and said "look - here's where you started drinking the coffee your wife brought in" -  he explained it was one of the likely causes of why I was there in the first place. 

So now I'm more careful - being able to feel your heart beating inside you because its out of rhythm is very unnerving.

Sonja.

Offline NatalieRene

• Family
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2019, 05:47:38 pm »
I had a great day at a Star Bucks a few weeks back. I met a guy there who bought my drink for me. It was a super busy day and I had to run back to the office so I could finish up work so I could get out of the office before 9PM. It was such a flattering moment though.

Offline Paul Muad-Dib

• Family
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2019, 05:54:52 pm »
I love coffee.

Chose to give it up and drink decaff a couple of years back. For some reason the Testosterone increased alcohol tolerance plenty but whacked caffeine tolerance in the face.

Offline Sonja

• Taking charge of my life!
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2019, 05:55:36 pm »
I had a great day at a Star Bucks a few weeks back. I met a guy there who bought my drink for me. It was a super busy day and I had to run back to the office so I could finish up work so I could get out of the office before 9PM. It was such a flattering moment though.
@NatalieRene

UMMM Excuse me - you're not getting away that easily!!! lol

Explain........

Sonja.

Offline NatalieRene

• Family
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2019, 08:08:36 pm »
@NatalieRene

UMMM Excuse me - you're not getting away that easily!!! lol

Explain........

Sonja.

Well I do have a boyfriend and I guess I really shouldn’t have accepted the drink. It was nice though to feel desirable even when I was just in jeans and a T-shirt.

We got to talking while waiting for our drinks. He is a director at one of the businesses in the same area. He was impressed that I was a software engineer. I thanked him and took off and explained the crunch time for the job.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2019, 08:20:29 pm »
Well I do have a boyfriend and I guess I really shouldn’t have accepted the drink. It was nice though to feel desirable even when I was just in jeans and a T-shirt.

We got to talking while waiting for our drinks. He is a director at one of the businesses in the same area. He was impressed that I was a software engineer. I thanked him and took off and explained the crunch time for the job.

Hmmm...   Coffee...   Java...

Are you a JAVA programmer software engineer Natalie?   :)

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline NatalieRene

• Family
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2019, 08:32:38 pm »

Hmmm...   Coffee...   Java...

Are you a JAVA programmer software engineer Natalie?   :)

Chrissy

I know Java but that is not what I do. I mostly deal with C# for work but I'm teaching myself Swift right now.

Offline CynthiaAnn

• like totally dig that pacific pulse....
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2019, 08:37:48 pm »
Yes, I enjoy coffee all day long, having a cup now this evening after dinner.

C -
kindness is love nurturing your soul....

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2019, 09:20:40 pm »
Yes, I enjoy coffee all day long, having a cup now this evening after dinner.

C -

@CynthiaAnn
Dear Cynthia:

When I was in my 20's I could have coffee all evening and it would not bother my sleep but now in my late 30's I still like evening coffee but I switch to Decaf in the late afternoon.

Hugs,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Tags: