Author Topic: Do you enjoy drinking coffee?  (Read 2673 times)

Offline Sbernaeyge

• Friend
Re: Do you enjoy drinking coffee?
« Reply #80 on: September 29, 2019, 08:28:33 am »
Caffeine lovers? Taste doesn't really matter . . .

If 1'st thing in AM, before even outta bed, it's taken Intravenously ( otherwise it's Brazilian Espresso, tons of sugar, served @ the Rio Intercontinental for sure! )

Airline coffee, served with 20yr old holding tank water, anyone?
Ewww excuse me stewardess what’s this green thing floating in my coffee. 
Oh that you welcome sir that’s the leaf sprig we place to enhance the flavor.
Enhance the flavor but it tastes moldy.
Oh no sir that’s actually a very rare bean blend that we have imported by for our customers
Really !
Yes sir really! It’s called civet coffee.
Never heard of civet I’ll look it up
I’m sorry sir but we’re about to take off you need to turn you phone off
Grumbles
Flight attendant walks away passing another saying
Oh that god we are about to take off there’s mold in the coffee again
Really damn what did you say
I told him it was cat poop coffee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Samantha Christienne
2012 first started soul searching to learn who I was
2015 started to accept who I was
Early 2016 finally settled on a name I loved
Fall 2016 CHAOS diagnosed with stage 3 testicular cancer. Progress stopped completely
Mid 2017 treatments finally end. Most of my drive destroyed as I pieced back together my life
Early 2019 SUCCESS get clearance for HRT...kinda...Had to be cleared by both oncologist and cardiologist.
May 2019 started hormones my drive restored
Jan 2020  CHAOS... again list my mind for a while several attempted and failed suicides
March 2020 freedom no more hospitals
August 2020 despite covid name finally changed

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Do you enjoy drinking coffee?
« Reply #81 on: October 01, 2019, 06:47:51 pm »
If you use a creamer, do you use a powdered creamer, dairy creamer, half and half, some type of milk, or one of those liquid type creamers that may also be flavored?

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Chloe

• Family
  • "Landed Airline Gentry"
    • CowetaSolar Journal(s) & Blog(s)
« Reply #82 on: October 02, 2019, 05:57:03 am »
Ewww excuse me stewardess . . .

@Sbernaeyge ya can't say "stewardess" anymore it's "flight attendant" since the gay guys signed on with us . . .

And certainly can't say "Coffee, Tea or Me?" either!

If you use a creamer, do you use  . . . ?

Mother's breast milk -> "Bailey's Irish Cream" only!
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #83 on: October 02, 2019, 06:01:10 am »
If you use a creamer, do you use a powdered creamer, dairy creamer, half and half, some type of milk, or one of those liquid type creamers that may also be flavored?

Chrissy

Black with sugar for me. Unless I'm at Dunkin Donuts, then I just get a regular (cream and sugar).
Veteran, US Army

Offline TonyaW

« Reply #84 on: October 02, 2019, 06:50:07 am »
Straight black in the mornings, maybe a cappuccino. Afternoon in the cold months I'll have the flavored coffee. One pumpkin spice latte per year, usually in November,  they're way too sweet for me usually.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Offline LizK

« Reply #85 on: October 02, 2019, 06:53:52 am »
I have a Nespresso coffee machine...I love it...the days is normally started with a double shot 450ml latte...and by the time I finish it I am ready to take on the world!!

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #86 on: October 02, 2019, 04:54:33 pm »
I was wondering if most JAVA programmers drink coffee.

I like cream in my coffee but I will use milk or powdered creamer.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline TonyaW

« Reply #87 on: October 03, 2019, 06:49:21 am »
I have a Nespresso coffee machine...I love it...the days is normally started with a double shot 450ml latte...and by the time I finish it I am ready to take on the world!!
How do those work? They kind of look like a Keurig on steroids but my guess is they're quite different. 

I've got a Cuisinart grind-n-brew that's starting to show its age. I like it, but not so much rinsing off the parts every day. Also I  don't need to make a pot or partial pot every day.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #88 on: August 15, 2020, 04:18:21 pm »
Good coffee is a delight.

I still shake my head when I see such long lines at a coffee shop as you can make excellent coffee at home far cheaper than at a coffee shop; but, maybe they just like the convenience of having it made.

Chrissy

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #89 on: August 15, 2020, 04:24:56 pm »
I do like drinking coffee. I also do it as a public service. You wouldn't like me without coffee.  :laugh:
Veteran, US Army

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #90 on: August 25, 2020, 05:19:12 pm »
Anyone that has read even just a few of my posts on my blog/journal threads knows that I like coffee and espresso drinks.

Fortunately my office is next door to a local coffee shop ... and the Barista, the owner and employees, and my friends that are there often know me well. 

On some mornings when I don't actually go next door and order my coffee drink... I will find that my sweetie tooth-fairy, friends or my Barista will bring coffee to my office.   

I usually get a coffee with a Pink Lid from my sweetie or from the Barista.... or those that know me well.

HUGS and HUGS,
Danielle

***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
Do you enjoy drinking coffee?
« Reply #91 on: August 25, 2020, 06:02:02 pm »
Enjoy your cup of coffee today!

Chrissy

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #92 on: August 25, 2020, 10:27:14 pm »
Powdered creamer? Blech!  Artificial liquid creamers? Blech!

Usually, I do whole milk. A little whole milk in my coffee is one of the few dietary indulgences I regularly allow myself..

I do find oat milk to be an acceptable dairy-free alternative for coffee. All the other vegan milks aren’t nearly as good, and I say this as a devoted almond milk drinker for my cereal.

Sarah

Chrissy
----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Offline CaelaNotKayla

• Everyone needs a little glam sometime!
« Reply #93 on: August 26, 2020, 12:57:13 am »
Before the world went into lockdown, my daily indulgence was a visit to the local espresso stand- and usually had whatever the barista felt like making.  I've had some really incredible drinks by doing that (and surprisingly only a couple of total bombs- the baristas like to make the stuff they like to drink themselves).

My COVID home version isn't nearly as adventurous.

Caela
My Blog Thread - The Chronicles of Caela

Who knew it'd be so bright without the blindfold - Demi Lovato

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #94 on: August 26, 2020, 09:33:34 pm »
@ChrissyRyan   @sarahc

I like my coffee light and sweet....   
...half and half is my creamer of choice.

Danielle

Chrissy

Powdered creamer? Blech!  Artificial liquid creamers? Blech!

Usually, I do whole milk. A little whole milk in my coffee is one of the few dietary indulgences I regularly allow myself..

I do find oat milk to be an acceptable dairy-free alternative for coffee. All the other vegan milks aren’t nearly as good, and I say this as a devoted almond milk drinker for my cereal.

Sarah

***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline Birdie on a Wire

« Reply #95 on: August 26, 2020, 09:37:05 pm »
I feel like I came kind of late to the coffee drinking party as I didn’t start drinking it until I was 27 when I was in military journalism school.

I have since pretty much had a cup of coffee almost every day since which was.... ooof. 25 yrs ago. Dang! That’s weird to think of.

I usually just have whatever is in the pot at the office but a couple of years ago I started using a french press. My wife bought me a coffee grinder  and I’ve really enjoyed the process of making my coffee as much as sipping on a cup o’ joe on a weekend morning.

A teaspoon of raw sugar and a tablespoon or two of creamer.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #96 on: November 15, 2020, 08:25:49 am »
Hot coffee first thing in the morning is sooooo good.

Chrissy

Offline CaelaNotKayla

• Everyone needs a little glam sometime!
« Reply #97 on: November 15, 2020, 09:17:54 am »
Hot coffee first thing in the morning is sooooo good.

Chrissy
@ChrissyRyan

Hot coffee first thing in the morning is a basic requirement of life!! ☕️☕️☕️. Especially if you have the first few sips soaked into a biscotti!

Hugs!

Caela
My Blog Thread - The Chronicles of Caela

Who knew it'd be so bright without the blindfold - Demi Lovato

Tags: