Author Topic: Do you enjoy drinking coffee?  (Read 2907 times)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Do you enjoy drinking coffee?
« on: September 01, 2019, 01:17:58 pm »
Do you enjoy drinking coffee?

Hot or cold?

What kind?  Are you one that tells a barista some very long order that describes the type of coffee, temperature, flavor shots, and so on?  I often make my own coffee after grinding a blend of coffee beans.

Do you drink your coffee black or with cream?

Do you use sugars or sweeteners, and if you do is sweeteners, artificial or something like Stevia?

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
Re: Do you enjoy drinking coffee?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 02:06:48 pm »
usually black instant (found a tasty one in supermarket, Columbian blend) not to strong ,no sugar . When out its Americano . 
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2019, 02:45:30 pm »
I wondered what Americano coffee is.  I might look up its typical blend of beans.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2019, 02:58:01 pm »
I wondered what Americano coffee is.  I might look up its typical blend of beans.

Chrissy
@ChrissyRyan
Dear Chrissy:
         An Americano is an alternative to brewed coffee, it is made as an espresso with hot water added to make it less strong...   
When I order an Americano I ask for "room for cream" which allows me to add cream and sugar...
... just exactly the way I like it.

My Barista #5 at the next door coffee shop knows that is how I like it so when she brings me coffee or when others get coffee there to bring to me she makes sure I get what I like.   
That is a big advantage to living in a very small town and frequenting my next door coffee shop on an almost daily basis.
HUGS,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline Chloe

• Family
  • "Landed Airline Gentry"
    • CowetaSolar Journal(s) & Blog(s)
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2019, 03:06:36 pm »
Black hot cracked smokin' Columbian

. . . like my coffee that way too limit 1/2 gallon/day!  :laugh:

Did ya's know people who also *suntan* 8) have a much lower incidence of "cancer in general"?
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2019, 03:26:24 pm »
@ChrissyRyan
Dear Chrissy:
         An Americano is an alternative to brewed coffee, it is made as an espresso with hot water added to make it less strong...   
When I order an Americano I ask for "room for cream" which allows me to add cream and sugar...
... just exactly the way I like it.

My Barista #5 at the next door coffee shop knows that is how I like it so when she brings me coffee or when others get coffee there to bring to me she makes sure I get what I like.   
That is a big advantage to living in a very small town and frequenting my next door coffee shop on an almost daily basis.
HUGS,
Danielle

I see.  Thank you.

Chrissy

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2019, 04:11:18 pm »
As most of my friends here on the forums are aware, I drink a lot of coffee. 
I am usually out of bed at 5:00AM or so and have a couple cups of coffee at home as I get a shower, get dressed and get ready for work....
... then I get to the coffee shop next door to my office around 7:00AM and have several cups of coffee or espressos and visit with my acquaintances and friends there.... then next door I go to open my office and for sure a friend or acquaintance will bring me coffee, or if not, I will always have pot of coffee going for my clients and myself during the day.   

I know that I probably drink too much coffee and I try to drink more DeCaf particularly in the afternoon.
I like my coffee light and sweet, I usually sweeten it with Splenda or one of the other "fake" sugar alternatives.... that makes my toothfairy Dental Hygienist sweetie happy with me.... and I want her to be happy!!!
\
Hugs,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017

Offline KateR

• Kate
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2019, 05:12:53 pm »
Hot black Keurig Starbucks

Kate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kate

Offline Jessica

• I love you. No...... I might not know you, but if folk can hate for no good reason, I can love.
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2019, 05:15:49 pm »
Tsp honey and a shot of half and half.
Grind my own beans.
French press is where it’s at.
Decaf is poison to me!
Black is better than none!!

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

Offline stephaniec

• SPARTA Trans Veterans AKA Stephaniec ( Garbo ) Diabla
  • Family
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2019, 05:18:14 pm »
mocha

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2019, 05:21:03 pm »
I cold brew coffee all summer. There's always a pitcher of cold brew in my refrigerator during the summer.In the summer, I have an iced coffee most days of the week.

Hot coffee in the winter. I grind the beans manually and then use the pour over method using a Kalita coffee dripper. I drink less coffee in the winter than the summer. Maybe only a couple times a week.

I prefer medium-roasted beans. I avoid things like any sort of French Roast or a Peet's Dickason's Blend.

I don't drink coffee in the mornings...I use it mainly as a pick me up in the afternoon.

I always take my coffee with milk.

Occasionally I'll treat myself to a latte at a coffee shop.

Sarah
----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Offline Sonja

• Taking charge of my life!
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2019, 06:24:02 pm »

You tell me....LOL

I like a 'flat white' its the most popular type of espresso in NZ, like a cappuccino but without the froth on top just the crema - but fine frothed milk mixed in. At my favourite coffee shop I order their 'Elegance' blend - it is a rich choc-lately tasting coffee - its to die for.

Sonja.

Colleen_definitely

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2019, 09:13:11 pm »
I'm definitely in the same camp as Sonja. I love the stuff.

I don't have a particular way of having it, sometimes I do cream, sometimes not. Usually I have saccharin in it instead of sugar but sometimes I do brown sugar, raw sugar, honey, and even molasses on occasion.

Lately I've been roasting my own since I bought a roaster to prepare research samples. I got some beans from Burundi that are just incredible. They get fermented in the pulp for a day or two and then washed, this gives them a bit of a fruity flavor that I've never found in coffee before. That's definitely a coffee that needs nothing added, but it's still really great if you throw cream and sugar in.

Offline Sonja

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2019, 09:21:24 pm »
@Colleen_definitely

OK - Colleen - You might be my one and only person to explain to me this.

The coffee beans that get 'pooped out' and then called the best in the world.....
Can you explain anything to me about Why? What? When? How? I almost can't bare thinking about it and yet I love coffee so much I think - should I.....

Sonja.

Colleen_definitely

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2019, 09:51:35 pm »
Civet coffee?

Honestly I've never had the opportunity to try it. They wash the beans well and brewing will kill anything nasty living in it so there's no real threat of infection or whatnot.

Anyway it's different because the civet cat's digestive tract causes some chemical changes in the beans, which are really just seeds. They absorb some of the flavor chemicals which makes the beans taste different than before they get uhh, "processed"

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2019, 09:55:09 pm »
UGH !!!  :(
... none for me please.

TMI !!!
HUGS,
Danielle
Civet coffee?

Honestly I've never had the opportunity to try it. They wash the beans well and brewing will kill anything nasty living in it so there's no real threat of infection or whatnot.

Anyway it's different because the civet cat's digestive tract causes some chemical changes in the beans, which are really just seeds. They absorb some of the flavor chemicals which makes the beans taste different than before they get uhh, "processed"
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline JudiBlueEyes

• Family
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2019, 09:55:34 pm »
Oh Yeah!  I used to be able to drink it all day and evening but now I'm down to just breakfast time.  I like a medium roast with a hint of sugar with creamer to lighten it a bit.
Wind blew in, cloud was dispersed
Rainbows appearing, the pressures were burst
Breezes a-singing, now feeling good
The moment had passed like I knew that it should

Offline Sonja

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2019, 09:58:50 pm »
Civet coffee?

Yes that's the one - Thanks, I just looked it up but the wiki article points out its sold more on the story of its origins than the taste - which some labelled BAD.
 OH well....thank god I don't have to go there....

Sonja.

Offline Linde

• Full time for some time
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2019, 10:35:33 pm »
I drink one cup of rather strong coffee in the morning.  One cup a day is all I drink.

Offline Jessicajade

• Neighbor
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2019, 11:03:25 pm »
I don't drink coffee at all. I like the smell, but can't actually drink it. (I don't like the taste of tea either for that matter.)

Actually... I'm just not fond of hot drinks in general. But even the iced versions of tea/coffee I avoid because I dislike the taste. 

Tags: