Community Conversation > Legal Matters

Getting Credit Card With New Name?

(1/4) > >>

Phina:
How hard is it to get a credit card with your new chosen name on it?  I've already got a couple credit cards and don't really need a new one, but it would be nice to finally get one for when I'm ready to venture out as my new self or even just buying stuff online.

I assume issuing an additional card with a different name wouldn't be too hard, since they issue two already, one for me and my wife.  The credit card company will be getting the same money either way, so hopefully you don't have to jump through too many hoops.

Devlyn:
Just take your court ordered name change to the bank, they'll switch it right over.

Phina:

--- Quote from: Devlyn on September 02, 2019, 09:50:23 am ---Just take your court ordered name change to the bank, they'll switch it right over.

--- End quote ---

I've not done that yet.  I was hoping it would be easier than the legal name change, which I've heard you have to jump through a lot of hoops for.

Devlyn:
One form. Anyone over 18 can change their name.

kaygee:

--- Quote from: Phina on September 02, 2019, 10:50:40 am ---I've not done that yet.  I was hoping it would be easier than the legal name change, which I've heard you have to jump through a lot of hoops for.

--- End quote ---

I ran into this snag ~18 years ago.

I found a company (not a mainstream bank) that would issue prepaid debit cards in whatever name I wanted.

Unfortunately, I don't recall the name of the company.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version