Author Topic: As a mtf, how did you cope with others who disapprove?  (Read 3108 times)

Offline noleen111

• Family
Re: As a mtf, how did you cope with others who disapprove?
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2020, 07:15:02 am »
When I came out I was kinda disowned by my father, my mother followed her man. He passed a few months later

But after he passed, without acknowledging his daughter, my mother reached out and we reconnected. Now we have a very close mother and daughter relationship.

I was heart broken, but I had a very close female friend who was with me, She supported me 110%. She taught me the ways of a woman,, Along with how to apply makeup, walk in heels, what outfits fit me best etc. So that support helped me a lot and made me the woman I am today.  The only negative, I was kinda a social smoker when I came out and I used cigarettes as crutch and became hooked on them. I could not quit or maybe did not want to quit, once I was stable in my new life and did not need the crunch anymore.

That is habit I did manage to kick almost 2 years back, but I was a daily smoker for about 9 years. My mother and I reconnected about 2 years after my fathers disowning, so I smoked a lot longer than I needed. A health scare made me quit. I got a growth on my tonsil, nothing cancerous, but it was enough to scare me right.

People in the street, I really don't care what they think of me. Once I accepted, I was a woman and hormones was the right path for me, I did not worry about strangers thoughts over me life choice. Only parents reaction hurt me. I never had many friends, so no real loss there.

But womanhood has rewarded me with a good life, I have a  husband, a close group of friends, a closer relationship with my mother and the latest, my husband and I adopted a baby girl, so I get to be mother. (My favorite part, my wedding day is my 2nd favorite)
Enjoying ride the hormones are giving me... finally becoming the woman I always knew I was

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Re: As a mtf, how did you cope with others who disapprove?
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2021, 01:42:21 pm »
When I came out I was kinda disowned by my father, my mother followed her man. He passed a few months later

But after he passed, without acknowledging his daughter, my mother reached out and we reconnected. Now we have a very close mother and daughter relationship.

I was heart broken, but I had a very close female friend who was with me, She supported me 110%. She taught me the ways of a woman,, Along with how to apply makeup, walk in heels, what outfits fit me best etc. So that support helped me a lot and made me the woman I am today.  The only negative, I was kinda a social smoker when I came out and I used cigarettes as crutch and became hooked on them. I could not quit or maybe did not want to quit, once I was stable in my new life and did not need the crunch anymore.

That is habit I did manage to kick almost 2 years back, but I was a daily smoker for about 9 years. My mother and I reconnected about 2 years after my fathers disowning, so I smoked a lot longer than I needed. A health scare made me quit. I got a growth on my tonsil, nothing cancerous, but it was enough to scare me right.

People in the street, I really don't care what they think of me. Once I accepted, I was a woman and hormones was the right path for me, I did not worry about strangers thoughts over me life choice. Only parents reaction hurt me. I never had many friends, so no real loss there.

But womanhood has rewarded me with a good life, I have a  husband, a close group of friends, a closer relationship with my mother and the latest, my husband and I adopted a baby girl, so I get to be mother. (My favorite part, my wedding day is my 2nd favorite)

Sorry you experienced a lack of acceptance, and it hurt a lot. 
It sounds like now things are much better, and I am very happy for you. 

How is it like to be a mom?

Chrissy

@noleen111
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Tags: