Author Topic: Do you ever play with your hair?  (Read 5714 times)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Re: Do you ever play with your hair?
« Reply #100 on: April 30, 2020, 09:41:17 pm »
Well I can say that I do NOT play with my hair when it is wet.
It is still wet from my shower!

:)

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #101 on: April 30, 2020, 11:35:19 pm »
My hair length is just below my shoulders.... when I wear it "down" I am always twirling my hair and sometimes it almost ends up in knots.....   

I love having longer hair but not much longer than it is now because I am usually very active running, jogging, hiking, and working out in the gym.

So YES, I do indeed play with my hair... and I much enjoy it !!!!
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #102 on: May 01, 2020, 09:29:05 am »
My hair length is just below my shoulders.... when I wear it "down" I am always twirling my hair and sometimes it almost ends up in knots.....   

I love having longer hair but not much longer than it is now because I am usually very active running, jogging, hiking, and working out in the gym.

So YES, I do indeed play with my hair... and I much enjoy it !!!!

What is even nicer is someone wonderful playing with your hair and running her fingers through your hair, and for you to nuzzle and touch hers.   :)

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #103 on: May 01, 2020, 10:50:50 am »

What is even nicer is someone wonderful playing with your hair and running her fingers through your hair, and for you to nuzzle and touch hers.   :)

Chrissy

@ChrissyRyan
Dear Chrissy:
You are quite right!!! 
Also I get so relaxed when going to my hair salon....  I just about fall asleep when they are working on my hair.
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline Oldandcreaky

• Family
« Reply #104 on: May 01, 2020, 11:28:14 am »
I like spreading my fingers a little and running them, like a comb, from the bottom of my hair to the top. I don't color my hair, so it's bright white, healthy, thick, silky, and shiny, so it's wonderful to feel. I watched a documentary last night and there were a couple Hollywood producers in it who had hair as white as mine. I was happy to see that women with all the money in the world went au natural like me and they looked great. If white hair weren't associated with old age, women would pay big colors to color their hair the color of mine.

Offline WishnHopeN

« Reply #105 on: July 23, 2020, 10:42:05 pm »
I constantly play with my hair.  I'm all about the big 80s hair and I'm lovin it. 

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #106 on: September 05, 2020, 04:53:10 pm »
Today is definitely a play with my hair day.   :)

Chrissy

Offline Zoe_Kay

• Bigender, Intersex, Joyous Person
  • Neighbor
  • Choose Love
« Reply #107 on: September 07, 2020, 02:26:17 am »
Constantly!
"To grow, you must be willing to let your present and future be totally unlike your past. Your history is not your destiny." ~ Alan Cohen

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #108 on: November 27, 2020, 10:26:21 am »
So far, this has been quite a touch and feely day.
I cannot seem to keep my hands out of my hair.

Chrissy

Online sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #109 on: November 27, 2020, 12:13:44 pm »
Here is how I play with my hair:

Step 1: Put hair over my ear to get it out of my face.
Step 2: Pull hair off my ear because I know I don't like how it looks when I do that.
Step 3: Smoosh hair on side of head to make it less poufy.
Step 4: Put hair over my ear to get it out of my face.
[...]

It's a never-ending cycle...

Sarah
----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #110 on: November 27, 2020, 02:26:43 pm »
Just played with mine, coloured it so the grey bits don't show from under my wig!!
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Offline SarahEL

• Oh no, I have said too much, I haven't said enough...
  • Family
  • That's me in the corner.... That's me in the photo
« Reply #111 on: November 27, 2020, 06:49:31 pm »
Do I ever play with my hair... Do I ever stop?  err... no!... It really is a bad habit and I do almost exactly what SarahC said!...
I call it "twiddling"...   ::)
Oh, life is bigger,  It's bigger Than you and you are not me
The lengths that I will go to.  The distance in your eyes

R.E.M. - Losing My Religion

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #112 on: November 28, 2020, 06:14:09 am »
Do I ever play with my hair... Do I ever stop?  err... no!... It really is a bad habit and I do almost exactly what SarahC said!...
I call it "twiddling"...   ::)

I do seem to regularly “swish” my hair by turning my head left and then right.
This is great for short bob length hair.

Silly me!   :)

Chrissy

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #113 on: January 24, 2021, 06:19:47 am »
I could not help keeping my hands out of my hair yesterday.
I finally stopped after taking a shower.

Chrissy

Offline big kim

« Reply #114 on: January 24, 2021, 01:13:01 pm »
Still haven't managed a French plait on myself despite 30 years of trying! Looked at all the videos and still can't do it

Offline Wendi

« Reply #115 on: January 31, 2021, 03:14:58 pm »
My hair isn't as long as I'd like yet but I find myself playing with it every evening while I'm watching TV.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Started HRT 1/3/2019

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #116 on: January 31, 2021, 06:44:32 pm »
More often than not, although not what I consider for me to be extensively playing with my hair, I tuck it behind my ears.

Chrissy

Offline RandyL

• On the way
« Reply #117 on: February 01, 2021, 08:49:25 pm »
More often than not, although not what I consider for me to be extensively playing with my hair, I tuck it behind my ears.

Chrissy
Exactly! I tuck it behind my ears frequently. Sometimes I run my hand back along my head, gathering the hair into my hand and pushing it back behind my shoulder. But my hand never stays up there fiddling around.

I don't much like to wear a hair tie -- I prefer it loose. But in my weightlifting class it gets caught when I rest weights on my shoulders. So I like to wear a cap which can hold it pushed more toward the back.
Casting about for my best path forward...

My personal blog thread: Randy the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

My HRT thread: Randy's HRT Journal

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
Do you ever play with your hair?
« Reply #118 on: February 15, 2021, 05:43:44 pm »
After my walk this morning and shower, I watched an old TV show and did lots of couch and chair reading and work when I finished my clothes washing that I wanted to get done.  I could not keep my hands out of my hair today.  I was running my fingers through it, putting some behind my ear, and I am still fiddling with it.

Some days this just happens. Not sure why. 

Chrissy

Tags: