Author Topic: What actually makes for the best bras?  (Read 6733 times)

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
Re: What actually makes for the best bras?
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2019, 12:36:27 pm »
I use M&S under T shirt for work, comfy  and work well. Went to M&S for a fitting for my "posh" push up slightly padded one  . Also have some under wired T shirt bras that are fine.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Offline Meghan

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2019, 10:52:02 pm »
1. fit (band size vs. cup size)
2. comfort
3. shape (flattering or flattening)

I don't like underwires, and I don't care about lace.  For me, a bra isn't erotic, it's underwear: practical and functional.
Since I wear my bra's under clothes I don't need bra's to be attached

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

Meghan Pham: MtF Transgender, Transsexual, Transwoman, social justice, Caregivers, Certified Nurse Assistant

Offline Rachel_Christina

• Family
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2019, 03:39:44 am »
I fit nothing hahaha so I can literally do anything if the band fits.
Oddly enough, I normally like finer straps and whatnot.
But lately I have been enjoying some with the big wide band, like four clips thick. It's strange but very pretty and very comfortable.
I just wait till I have boobs :/

Offline AnneK

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2019, 08:29:55 am »
One thing I'd like to see is longer shoulder straps.  I find, even at max, the straps tend to be a bit short.
I'm a 67 year old AMAB who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Family
  • I am crazy... Crazy like a fox!
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2019, 06:49:32 pm »
I fit nothing hahaha so I can literally do anything if the band fits.
Oddly enough, I normally like finer straps and whatnot.
But lately I have been enjoying some with the big wide band, like four clips thick. It's strange but very pretty and very comfortable.
I just wait till I have boobs :/
That could be dangerous... you already have a waistline that can break the internet.  :police:
At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! >:-)

Offline Rachel_Christina

• Family
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2019, 01:36:43 am »
Oh I doubt that very much so, I will see what happens come April :'3

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2019, 11:10:51 am »
Certainly I am not expert with bras, as the most I ever have around to wash and wear has been three.  But, I tend to like the Bali brand, some underwired and some not, the most.  Underwire bras seem to provide more “outward projection” and less space between the girls.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Meghan

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2019, 11:51:06 am »
Certainly I am not expert with bras, as the most I ever have around to wash and wear has been three.  But, I tend to like the Bali brand, some underwired and some not, the most.  Underwire bras seem to provide more “outward projection” and less space between the girls.

Chrissy
You mean push-up bra

Meghan Pham: MtF Transgender, Transsexual, Transwoman, social justice, Caregivers, Certified Nurse Assistant

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2019, 11:56:26 am »
You mean push-up bra

I do not know, it is just labeled as underwire.  I have never bought a bra that was packaged as a push-up bra.  Might be worth looking into though. 

I will also look for a comfortable sports bra.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Linde

• Full time for some time
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2019, 05:13:35 pm »
Underwire are not necessarily push up.  What all underwire have in common, they try to drill holes into my arm pits.  I avoid them whenever possible.  But for some of my clothing I need strapless bras and they have to be underwire to hold everything in place.
Push Up bras have some kind of thick foam padding inside the cup, and that causes your boob to lay on top of it and being pushed up.  They make your boobs looking bigger than they are.  Some bras push over and push up to also create more cleavage.

I have yet to find an underwire bra that I can wear the entire day, and forget that I am wearing a bra!  I am the let's see, do I need to wear a bra with this top person anyway, and if you force my girls into an underwire push up bra for the entire day, you may as well find other ways to torture me!

Online Maid Marion

« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2019, 07:31:16 pm »
Victoria's Secret sells padded push up bras.

Offline zirconia

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2019, 08:34:30 pm »
What all underwire have in common, they try to drill holes into my arm pits.
I have yet to find an underwire bra that I can wear the entire day, and forget that I am wearing a bra!  I am the let's see, do I need to wear a bra with this top person anyway, and if you force my girls into an underwire push up bra for the entire day, you may as well find other ways to torture me!

Linde,

That only means you're wearing the wrong shape and/or size. Underwires are meant to add comfort and support. With the right fit you'll basically feel like you're not wearing anything. Or perhaps even better.

If there's a made to order or semi-order shop anywhere close to you it might be worth a visit. I'm not sure whether e.g. Dubleve has shops there, but I recall they can accommodate about 3000 variations. The price starts from about $80, but they're guaranteed to fit.

GordonG

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2019, 08:37:02 pm »
I have an underwire bra that I wear occasionally. I have no problems with it at all. I can wear it all day.

GordonG

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2019, 08:41:00 pm »
I'm not sure whether e.g. Dubleve has shops there, but I recall they can accommodate about 3000 variations. The price starts from about $80, but they're guaranteed to fit.

Dubleve? Can't find any good reference to it via Google.

Online Maid Marion

Offline Linde

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2019, 09:54:52 pm »
Victoria's Secret sells padded push up bras.
For you little tikes, but not in my size!

Offline Linde

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2019, 09:59:33 pm »
Linde,

That only means you're wearing the wrong shape and/or size. Underwires are meant to add comfort and support. With the right fit you'll basically feel like you're not wearing anything. Or perhaps even better.

If there's a made to order or semi-order shop anywhere close to you it might be worth a visit. I'm not sure whether e.g. Dubleve has shops there, but I recall they can accommodate about 3000 variations. The price starts from about $80, but they're guaranteed to fit.
I do fine with non wire bras, and because I still experience changes, it'd rather do not want to spend that much for a bra  that has to go to Goodwill in a few weeks after purchase.  Most women seem to complain about the uncomfortable wear of underwire bras, at least all the women I know.

Offline Linde

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2019, 10:09:37 pm »
I have an underwire bra that I wear occasionally. I have no problems with it at all. I can wear it all day.
I think it may also depend on the size of your bust/band.  I need a 40 C, which is not that easy to find.  Most women with this bandwidth seem to have way bigger breasts, and so the selection of 40 bandwidth C cup bras is not that large.

Offline zirconia

« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2019, 11:10:07 pm »
I do fine with non wire bras, and because I still experience changes, it'd rather do not want to spend that much for a bra  that has to go to Goodwill in a few weeks after purchase.  Most women seem to complain about the uncomfortable wear of underwire bras, at least all the women I know.

Right... if you don't need them, then why use them.

However, speaking just for myself, if I do use something I find it worthwhile to ensure that it's comfortable. If wearing it feels like torture then the question becomes how much is escaping from the pain worth.

And yes—many if not most people seem to just get something that sort of looks like it fits. Or continue to use a size and brand that once used to fit, despite changes in weight, muscle tone, posture and such.

It's also worth noting that shape differences in thin people are much less pronounced than in those who are overweight. That's one reason why fit issues seem to have increased quite a bit since the days when the average cup size was B.

I'm not saying this applies to anyone else, but to me personally good fit is the prime criterion, and well worth paying for. Provided one is in reasonably good shape it also helps make basically anything one wears look more becoming.

Offline Linde

« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2019, 12:04:54 am »
Right... if you don't need them, then why use them.

However, speaking just for myself, if I do use something I find it worthwhile to ensure that it's comfortable. If wearing it feels like torture then the question becomes how much is escaping from the pain worth.

And yes—many if not most people seem to just get something that sort of looks like it fits. Or continue to use a size and brand that once used to fit, despite changes in weight, muscle tone, posture and such.

It's also worth noting that shape differences in thin people are much less pronounced than in those who are overweight. That's one reason why fit issues seem to have increased quite a bit since the days when the average cup size was B.

I'm not saying this applies to anyone else, but to me personally good fit is the prime criterion, and well worth paying for. Provided one is in reasonably good shape it also helps make basically anything one wears look more becoming.
To find the right fit, I went to Victoria Secret's and was measured.  Only to bad that I have a rather wide chest 40 Us (90 European), but relatively, for this bandwidth, small boobs.  Victoria Secret's had nothing to offer, and with my size knowledge, I had to go to stores that service larger chested females.  I found a few wireless bras that are very comfortable.  But no matter what, if ever possible, I don't wear a bra at all.  But sometimes it is decensee which requires to wear  bra.  I have on strapless bra that has wires, but this one is pretty comfy.  I am kind of old fashioned, and don't like to show bra straps.

Tags: