Author Topic: What actually makes for the best bras?  (Read 4832 times)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Re: What actually makes for the best bras?
« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2020, 06:33:07 am »
I got my first Agent Provocateur set for being good and having my BA surgery.
It is pure quality. I won't be wearing this one everyday though, keep it for special days.
Makes me feel like a goddess 💖

Sounds nice.  :)

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Rachel_Christina

• Family
« Reply #81 on: October 15, 2020, 03:30:19 am »
It's sooo cute, I really love it :)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2020, 06:05:32 am »
It's sooo cute, I really love it :)

:)

I think I will go shopping and see if there are some T-shirt bras I like.
I wonder how they got their name.  The answer is likely on the Web.

Chrissy

Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2020, 09:19:00 pm »
I tried on some bras today.
I ended up with a really comfortable Warner bra.

Chrissy

Offline Rachel_Christina

• Family
« Reply #84 on: October 16, 2020, 11:00:54 am »
I think just are not obvious under t shirts / clothes!

Offline valerie anne

« Reply #85 on: October 16, 2020, 02:36:00 pm »
I am experimenting with a new bra concept, to celebrate my new cupsize (a full C) and my new sheer boat-neck top.

I am wearing a racer-backed plunge bra with padding & underwire. It's like going cross-strapped, but the straps are permanently joined with a pretty lace gusset. The lift & support are lovely, but the straps need getting used to.

The top shows off all the lacy details, and the tops of my straps are fully exposed. No attempt to underdress here!

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #86 on: October 16, 2020, 04:02:48 pm »
I am experimenting with a new bra concept, to celebrate my new cupsize (a full C) and my new sheer boat-neck top.

I am wearing a racer-backed plunge bra with padding & underwire. It's like going cross-strapped, but the straps are permanently joined with a pretty lace gusset. The lift & support are lovely, but the straps need getting used to.

The top shows off all the lacy details, and the tops of my straps are fully exposed. No attempt to underdress here!

Nice!

Chrissy

Offline JennyTG

• Family
« Reply #87 on: October 16, 2020, 04:37:05 pm »
Comfort
Color
Attractiveness of material, color, shine, etc.
The way it makes your overall appearance even more feminine
Ability to make your breasts look bigger
Ability to make your breasts look nice for your body shape
Appropriateness or versatility of bra design (style, straps, etc.) for what you are wearing:  low-cut blouse, business outfits, t-shirts, dresses, etc.

All of these makes the perfect bra for me.  Good topic.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #88 on: October 16, 2020, 04:49:02 pm »
All of these makes the perfect bra for me.  Good topic.

Jenny,

Thanks for sharing.   :)

Chrissy

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #89 on: October 16, 2020, 07:13:58 pm »
@ChrissyRyan
Dear Chrissy:
As @Rachel_Christina  correctly stated  T-Shirt bras "I think just are not obvious under t shirts / clothes!"

T-Shirt bras have smooth molded cups in the front with no seams and no fancy details, and no bulky straps and band that will show through T-shirts and tops with thin material.   

Watch the "show through" colors however, depends on the color, pattern/no pattern, and thickness of the material in your t-shirt or tops.

Bra shopping is one of my favorite shopping activities..... lots of variety for lots of occasions.
HUGS, and have fun shopping for the bra that you want,
Danielle

:)

I think I will go shopping and see if there are some T-shirt bras I like.
I wonder how they got their name.  The answer is likely on the Web.

Chrissy
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline mm

« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2020, 11:04:22 am »
"Danielle, Bra shopping is one of my favorite shopping activities..... lots of variety for lots of occasions.
HUGS, and have fun shopping for the bra that you want"

As Danielle said, 'bra shopping should be fun' and and necessary so one has the correct bra for the outfit you are wearing.  Fit is always important so one needs to try on every bra you buy so you know it will fit when you get home and want to wear it with that special outfit.  It is easy to have 20 or 25 bras in order to have the right one for the outfit you are wearing, style, color and how it fits are important.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #91 on: October 20, 2020, 03:52:38 pm »
"Danielle, Bra shopping is one of my favorite shopping activities..... lots of variety for lots of occasions.
HUGS, and have fun shopping for the bra that you want"

As Danielle said, 'bra shopping should be fun' and and necessary so one has the correct bra for the outfit you are wearing.  Fit is always important so one needs to try on every bra you buy so you know it will fit when you get home and want to wear it with that special outfit.  It is easy to have 20 or 25 bras in order to have the right one for the outfit you are wearing, style, color and how it fits are important.

20-25 bras!  Wow!  I might get there someday as I tossed my poorly fitting ones and am only buying ones that I try on that fit.  I think some of bras will be needed for me only after I develop my curves more and then perhaps I will look better in different outfits.

However, after my gradual breast development since spring I have become more interested in bras.  I love the full cup feeling I now have when wearing them.  I may go shopping for another one yet tonight!

Chrissy

Offline Rachel_Christina

• Family
« Reply #92 on: October 21, 2020, 02:58:33 am »
I had my final review with doctor, and he said to be no longer wearing the compression bra.
But now I have none that fit D: so I'm still stuck wearing it.
Don't want to use the fancy one for daily use.

Need to go look for some but with the RoRo it's not easy D:

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #93 on: October 21, 2020, 03:07:23 am »
The non wired under T bras I wear when working are very comfy, my posh padded push up ones less so and I find the shoulder straps slip when changing gear driving . All bought from M&S when it was okay to use fitting room.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
What actually makes for the best bras?
« Reply #94 on: October 22, 2020, 05:45:59 pm »
I did some more clothes shopping this afternoon and I did try on bras again.
I find it interesting that the seamless ones that have side panels that scoop side boob inwards tend to lower my boobs a bit; but straight ahead further, and retains a very nice roundish shape.  This results in a comfortable fit, nice shape, and it makes my boobs look bigger, maybe about a cup size bigger, closer to a C cup.  These are not push up bras but they do have a wire on each cup.

Another I bought last week has seamless contoured cups, no wires, and gives me the perfect filled B cup look and fit.  It is not a push up bra. 

I also tried others, including lift bras.  I did not try any push up bras as I thought the first one mentioned above made me look big enough!

It is important to try them on before buying if you can.  I ended up getting one top and one bra.

Chrissy

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #95 on: October 22, 2020, 06:07:09 pm »
@ChrissyRyan
Dear Chrissy:
I see that you have been on a bra buying binge....   I have done that many times.... getting the right bra that you like can be a challenge but also lots of fun trying them on... so many styles, types and fit to choose from.  I am glad that you are having fun doing it.
HUGS,
Danielle

I am glad that you are finding what you like
I did some more clothes shopping this afternoon and I did try on bras again.
I find it interesting that the seamless ones that have side panels that scoop side boob inwards tend to lower my boobs a bit; but straight ahead further, and retains a very nice roundish shape.  This results in a comfortable fit, nice shape, and it makes my boobs look bigger, maybe about a cup size bigger, closer to a C cup.  These are not push up bras but they do have a wire on each cup.

Another I bought last week has seamless contoured cups, no wires, and gives me the perfect filled B cup look and fit.  It is not a push up bra. 

I also tried others, including lift bras.  I did not try any push up bras as I thought the first one mentioned above made me look big enough!

It is important to try them on before buying if you can.  I ended up getting one top and one bra.

Chrissy
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #96 on: October 22, 2020, 06:26:53 pm »
@ChrissyRyan
Dear Chrissy:
I see that you have been on a bra buying binge....   I have done that many times.... getting the right bra that you like can be a challenge but also lots of fun trying them on... so many styles, types and fit to choose from.  I am glad that you are having fun doing it.
HUGS,
Danielle

I am glad that you are finding what you like

@NorthernStarGirl

I do not think I like the lift types that have an extra bit of padding in the cups, at least I have not found one I like yet.  As I have found three very nice bras, perhaps I can walk by that section for awhile. 

Now it is more a matter of seeing which of these really nice fitting bras I own provide the “best look” for each of my outfits.  If I find outfits that for some reason do not look good with any of these bras, then I will put them aside for the time being.  So far, I look better or about the same with every outfit for which I have checked out my appearance. 

I am happy I have developed a bit more this year, this gives me more affirmation as I realize my body is moving further away from what it should never have been born with.   :)  :)

Chrissy

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
What actually makes for the best bras?
« Reply #97 on: October 24, 2020, 07:15:16 pm »
As I need a bra full time now and want to project myself with firm uplift, I have found that the bra band is of upmost importance.

I look for a wide band with deep side panels and a 3 hook deep clasp. Not only are these bras more comfortable, but when you "swoop & scoop", the wide panels capture more side boob tissue. So I get more into my cups and less under-arm spillover.

I have got a couple of bras with a 5 hook band. Once tucked in, I go up a cup size and I really don't need my bra straps. But they are sewn in and I like the feel of them tugging on my shoulders.

I did not see any five hook models, yet.
Mine are either two or three hooks.
They tend to have more hooks for when you fit a C cup or larger, it seems.
All of mine are B cups.

Chrissy

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #98 on: October 27, 2020, 08:06:34 pm »
I have heard that red bras can become invisible under white T-shirts; but, this depends on the shade or tint.  Have any of you purchased red bras (not pink or fuchsia)?

Chrissy

Offline Pammie

« Reply #99 on: October 27, 2020, 08:14:36 pm »
I have heard that red bras can become invisible under white T-shirts; but, this depends on the shade or tint.  Have any of you purchased red bras (not pink or fuchsia)?

Chrissy
I have 5 red bras and they are among my favourites. I wouldn’t say any of them are invisible under white t-shirts though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags: