Community Conversation > Legal Matters

Changing name and birth certificate from abroad/dual citizen

<< < (2/2)

I just noticed this thread and would share my experience, it may still help.  I am a dual citizen, US and Israel.   While I had changed my gender on my Israel passport, none of what I had done was relevant for the US passport.  The US required the standard letter from my surgeon that I had done irreversible gender reassignment surgery, etc. etc.  This I presented at the US embassy in Tel Aviv with a new photo and the application for a new passport, not a renewal form.  It went smoothly and certainly makes it less stressful when I enter the US.


[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version