Author Topic: Dreaming...  (Read 203 times)

Offline John406

• Neighbor
Dreaming...
« on: September 09, 2019, 03:48:04 pm »
So as I was falling asleep last night, an interesting thought occurred to me. In my dreams, I'm a boy and look no different than I do right now. I've occasionally had dreams I was a girl since I was a kid, but for the vast majority of my life, I'm a boy in my dreams because that's just how I've been programmed by society to see myself I guess lol.

A question came to mind then: During/After transitioning, would my dream-self's body also change into a girl, or would I still be a boy in my dreams despite waking up as a girl?

What gender are you in your dreams? Were you still your assigned-at-birth gender in your dreams for a while, and then your dream-self gradually became your preferred gender as you got more used to seeing yourself in your new body?

Anyhoo; I just thought this was kind of an interesting thought I had as I drifted to sleep; almost forgot about it.  :laugh:

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Re: Dreaming...
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 03:50:49 pm »
@John406
During my transition and especially after starting HRT and presenting as a woman, I was a female in most if not all of my dreams.... and once I became Full-Time I am a female in all of my dreams except perhaps for just a few now and then.
Danielle

So as I was falling asleep last night, an interesting thought occurred to me. In my dreams, I'm a boy and look no different than I do right now. I've occasionally had dreams I was a girl since I was a kid, but for the vast majority of my life, I'm a boy in my dreams because that's just how I've been programmed by society to see myself I guess lol.

A question came to mind then: During/After transitioning, would my dream-self's body also change into a girl, or would I still be a boy in my dreams despite waking up as a girl?

What gender are you in your dreams? Were you still your assigned-at-birth gender in your dreams for a while, and then your dream-self gradually became your preferred gender as you got more used to seeing yourself in your new body?

Anyhoo; I just thought this was kind of an interesting thought I had as I drifted to sleep; almost forgot about it.  :laugh:
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline Sephirah

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 03:57:34 pm »
Most of the time in my dreams I don't perceive a gender. I'm just a disembodied "watcher". Although I have some extremely weird dreams. Like post-apocalyptic, end of the world type stuff. It's very rare I perceive myself as "someone".

With two exceptions:

1. Sometimes I have extremely vivid dreams. Dreams that feel as real as real life. In those I am always female. I couldn't tell you why. Maybe those are the times I'm most in touch with myself. Maybe they're things I sort of need to know.

2. Lucid dreams. Those are kind of different. They're dreams where you sort of "wake up" inside a dream, and know you're dreaming. So you can be anyone you want. They're pretty cool. Like you met a genie who gave you infinite wishes. I've been quite a few people in those dreams, sometimes multiple people in the same dream, lol.

Offline John406

• Neighbor
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2019, 05:24:19 pm »
Interesting!

Currently...I don't dream. Well, I DO dream, I'm just not aware of it because my body is probably 15% THC after all the weed I've smoked; I'm a bit of a chronic pot-head; started self-medicating with it when I was a teenager. Lotta messed up stuff happened to me as a kid, and I usually have nightmares when I haven't toked up in a while. Either nightmares, or just really weird/bizzare dreams, like being on another planet; mom once said that she heard me talking in my sleep once and I was saying, "Hope they take human money on this planet; seems kinda mixed." XD And I actually remember that dream; I can remember looking around at the alien city. At least I assumed it was an alien city, because there were a lot of weird looking beings of all different kinds; some with antenna, some with tentacles, some that looked like gray aliens, but there were also a few dozen people around who looked perfectly human...so I assumed my human money would be good on this planet, but I was worried I might have to get my Dollars converted into Grubles or something weird like that lmao.

But anyway...I usually don't like to dream because my dreams are either horrible or just plain darn weird; when I go to sleep, I kinda wanna, like, REST; not go on another hair-raising adventure lol. So I started smoking pot because it reduces your dream-recall abilities/makes your dreams so fleeting that you don't remember dreaming upon waking up, even though every human brain dreams at night whether it's aware of it or not.

PS: Lucid dreams are definitely my favorite; as soon as I realize I'm dreaming, my first instinct is to get a good running start and launch myself into the air and start flying like Superman lol. Sometimes I can fly pretty high; sometimes I can't even get enough lift to clear the tree tops. Kinda interesting; have a feeling that's related to my emotions somehow; like maybe when I'm feeling good I can fly higher, but if I'm depressed I can only fly about ten feet off the ground. I'm usually depressed.  :-\

PPS: Quitting smoking, drinking, and toking on September 11th; tried quitting smoking recently, made it past three days then relapsed. I've managed to cut it way back though; down to half a pack a day, (a month ago I was smoking 2 packs a day; already I can feel a drastic improvement in my health lol). This time should be a lot easier because I have a lot less nicotine in my system now.  :)

Tags: