General Discussions > Help and How to

Body shaping

(1/2) > >>

janine721:
Hello! Looking for some pointers here on gym and physical activity. I was in the army for 8 years and gained a significant amount of muscle mass during that time. Currently sitting at 207 lbs with a little bit of pudge around my mid section. I'm just wondering what it's going to take to lose this larger shape. Unfortunately when I went to the gym I fell back into the old pattern because bulking up was all I knew how to do. Prior to army I was 119 lbs which was unhealthy but I know my body type allows something like that. Any pointers would be appreciated. I'm including a picture of body type for suggestions on slimming down.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

MeTony:
Have you tried pilates or cardio?

Running and low weights makes your body leaner. That’s why girls most often do not do heavy lifting and upper body exercise.

The girls I see at the gym exercise their legs and butt. Or do cardio on the x-trainer or treadmill.

Tony

Maid Marion:
I do  lot of a gardening from a squatting position that allows me to carry fat in my thighs for the hourglass shape that most women desire.

janine721:
Thanks for the replies! I do run daily, not much just 2 miles. I want to do light weights but I find it too easy and dont know how I should rep because I feel like I have accomplished nothing, is that just due to my old way of thinking?

Squats eh? Maybe I should pick up gardening too haha.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

MeTony:
The thing is, when you have T in your system, muscle will build easily.

Use only your body as weight. Do stretching and do a lot of butt and thigh workout. Then your thighs and butt will be more visible.

I do upper body workout. I want the image of narrower hips. You get that with a good upper body.

Tony

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version