Author Topic: Just another mtf tale  (Read 10145 times)

Offline Ellie_Arroway

• ellie_arroway@susans.org
Re: Just another mtf tale
« Reply #240 on: April 20, 2021, 05:56:49 am »
So, Day 15.

I'm still alive. :)

I *think* I feel a small amount more sensitivity around the breast area at times. Other than that, I haven't noticed any differences at all yet.

There may be possibilities that it has slightly negatively affected my mental health overall, but I couldn't say with any certainty that that has anything to do with the hormones. I am receiving other treatment for that since, and that appears so far to be working well.

Obviously I know this is all YMMV and it may well be that my dose will have to go through a few stages of increase during titration, so I'm not bothered. Still looking forward to the effects to come. :)

Oh, another bit of news: I had my fifth laser session on Saturday. This was about four months from the last due to enforced covid closure, and it was the most painful yet... They explained that it is because many other hairs have entered their growth cycle, and it's partly about getting mine done, because it looks like my hair is quite hard to kill off. On the plus side, the pain only lasts as long as the treatment. As soon as the laser is turned off, the pain goes instantly. I am glad that I went with a salon that provides soprano ice/titanium treatment; I suspect it would be as painful but for longer with other forms. (I think it takes a total of 200 seconds with this one; 40 seconds per each of five areas.)
Started seriously questioning: 24 Aug 2019
Referred to GIC: 23 Sep 2019
Full-time female presentation since: 21 Oct 2019, unbroken since 12 Dec 2019
Official name change by deed poll: 11 Nov 2019
HRT: started 6 Apr 2021 via GenderCare/NHS shared care
Most of my story is in the Just another mtf tale thread!
Twitch streamer MusicEllie

Offline Ellie_Arroway

« Reply #241 on: April 23, 2021, 02:41:37 pm »
Day 18 and I now fit a 36B bra!

So I measured myself about six months ago and there was a five-inch difference between my bust and underbust, and this is what Sainsbury's considers to be an A cup. (I think ASDA considers it to be a AA cup. I don't know about any other vendors.)

I measured myself today, and the difference was six inches (15cm as I actually measured in metric units). Sainsbury's considers that to be a B cup. I went out and got one today, and it completely fits! No nonsense!

So I don't know if that means I'm gonna have huge boobs? I certainly didn't think I would have outgrown a 36A by now!

The downside is I now have a shedload of bras and some of them are going to be too small for me... ah well... but also, I do not want huge breasts!... Time will tell.

Offline mm

« Reply #242 on: April 24, 2021, 03:09:29 pm »
One thing to remember when you are still growing is not to buy very many bras as you grow of them quickly and can't wear them anymore.

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #243 on: April 24, 2021, 04:07:51 pm »
@Ellie_Arroway
Dear Ellie:
Thank you so very much for posting your current updates regarding your transition progress and your recent body changes.
It sounds like that you are happily progressing.

I am so glad to see that you are regularly back posting again on the Forums.

HUGS and HUGS
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline Ellie_Arroway

« Reply #244 on: May 04, 2021, 03:34:27 am »
@Ellie_Arroway
Dear Ellie:
Thank you so very much for posting your current updates regarding your transition progress and your recent body changes.
It sounds like that you are happily progressing.

I am so glad to see that you are regularly back posting again on the Forums.

HUGS and HUGS
Danielle

Thank you! It is wonderful to have your encouragement, and I really appreciate that you kept in touch outside of the forum while I was in a somewhat darker place.

So this is my update from the first four weeks.

1. I believe I can feel the start of a tiny, hard ball under each nipple. It seems slightly more prominent in the right breast. There is no pain yet, but I expect to start to feel that soon based on the anecdotes I have come across.

2. I have gained a couple of centimetres in band size, enough that the 36B bra I had was starting to hurt around the band, so I moved to a 38A (a sister size of the 36B so the cup size is actually the same). I don't wear it all the time but I feel that I will probably need to start, just to give me a bit of padding in the area if it's going to be hurting.

(An aside, it's not really relevant as such: There is considerable variation in cup sizes in bras, not just between brands, but also within the same brand, and I believe different styles have a part to play. I have wasted a lot of money buying bras that don't fit in the supermarkets. I decided to try Amazon Prime Wardrobe, and got six 38A bras to try. Four of them were too big, and the remaining two were all right, so I simply returned the other four. The approval period was seven days so there was plenty of time.)

3. I seem not to be having spontaneous erections anymore. I am pleased about that. Aside from that, it is still fully functional in the normal way. I have a feeling it might be slightly smaller, but I'm not sure.

4. My libido has gone down a bit. Whilst it was never high to start with, I do welcome this change.

5. I have become really good at applying Estradot patches and getting them to stick. I have not had any patches fall off, and I am on my ninth now.

6. Weight today was 69.5kg. There's not much change with the other measurements. They've all either remained the same or gone up slightly due to the weight gain.

7. I don't feel any different emotionally at this time.

8. I'm still obsessing over anecdotes on the net!

I can't think of anything else to say right now! So there's my update.

Offline Ellie_Arroway

« Reply #245 on: May 04, 2021, 03:43:40 am »
Oh, yes, one other thing. I went back to laser hair removal on the 17th of April, not long after it opened again after the second shutdown in Wales. That was my fifth session, and it is the most painful "pain-free" treatment I have ever had! But I think I do see a difference. I'm still shaving every day, and hopefully I can continue to go for the treatment every four weeks. Apparently having four months since the last session meant that many new hairs had started to grow, and that was why it was so much more painful. The good news is that it's over and done with inside of ten minutes, and the only time there is pain is while the laser is working!

I'll update my profile pic soon.

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #246 on: May 04, 2021, 03:49:58 am »
The pain  will come especially when you bump one (and you will). I found M&S good for bras and they have a fitting room. Its still YMMV when it comes to results though, I found no emotional change but check your eye colour as mine went darker.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Offline mm

« Reply #247 on: May 04, 2021, 07:25:24 am »
Sister bras do fit fit differently so you need to try on both and see which one is best for you.  Also bras from different manufacturers and even different styles from the same manufacturer are made differently and you need to try them on  to see how they fit you. You are finding that buying bras is not simple. You can find a bra you love for its fit and they no longer make it and have to start looking for something to like and fits. Just what women go through to look and feel good.

Offline Ellie_Arroway

« Reply #248 on: May 04, 2021, 03:37:57 pm »
The pain  will come especially when you bump one (and you will). I found M&S good for bras and they have a fitting room. Its still YMMV when it comes to results though, I found no emotional change but check your eye colour as mine went darker.

Interesting! I haven't noticed a change like eye colour... I never had a problem expressing my emotions so maybe I will not experience an emotional change either.

Sister bras do fit fit differently so you need to try on both and see which one is best for you.  Also bras from different manufacturers and even different styles from the same manufacturer are made differently and you need to try them on  to see how they fit you. You are finding that buying bras is not simple. You can find a bra you love for its fit and they no longer make it and have to start looking for something to like and fits. Just what women go through to look and feel good.

To a certain extent, that's an argument for not having big breasts if it can be helped, I guess! Then maybe there is no need for a bra except for sports. I don't know what I'm going to get yet (it's too early) but I've resolved to be satisfied with whatever, and not go for BA surgery. I just hope that resolve does not change. It hasn't so far.

I'm beginning to think I should identify as non-binary rather than female, though the problem I have with that is non-binary bathrooms do not exist... The good news is the Welsh GIC would still refer me for GCS even if I tell them I'm non-binary (at least that has been claimed when I asked the question anonymously).

Tags: