Author Topic: Do you drink tea?  (Read 1094 times)

Offline Fleur

Do you drink tea?
« on: September 29, 2019, 06:02:59 am »
Since @Joy1809 and @ChrissyRyan started mentioning tea in the coffee thread, I thought we needed a (completely non competitive) tea thread!

I like Dilmah, Sri Lankan, fairly weak, black with no sugar. And also green tea, esp. sencha. Occasionally earl grey too.

In a pot, tea bird, of course since I'm cursed with tea snobbery :P

I adore to drink a cup of tea slowly in bed with a book when I first get up in the morning, even if it means waking up a 1/2 hour earlier.
"Never let yourself give in
When you're trying to start again
Put on your dreams and let's go
I won't give up at all
I want the freedom to dream the impossible
I will make it real"

-Brody Dalle

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Re: Do you drink tea?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2019, 06:23:56 am »
I do enjoy drinking tea. 

It starts perhaps at lunch as I typically stop drinking coffee at that time.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

I am a brown eyed brunette.

Offline LizK

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2019, 06:37:52 am »
Earl Grey for me preferably from a pot  :D

Offline BlueJaye

• Family
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2019, 06:46:52 am »
Can’t stand the stuff. I don’t like any brewed beverages. Beer, tea, coffee, etc. I have always had a strong dislike for anything brewed.

Offline Sbernaeyge

• Friend
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2019, 08:35:35 am »
Black extra strong and I mean strong enough to peel paint I want the bottom of the pot no sugar.  Do like some herbals though. I used to go to teavana a lot many many years ago I had a whole cabinet dedicated to tea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Samantha Christienne
2012 first started soul searching to learn who I was
2015 started to accept who I was
Early 2016 finally settled on a name I loved
Fall 2016 CHAOS diagnosed with stage 3 testicular cancer. Progress stopped completely
Mid 2017 treatments finally end. Most of my drive destroyed as I pieced back together my life
Early 2019 SUCCESS get clearance for HRT...kinda...Had to be cleared by both oncologist and cardiologist.
May 2019 started hormones my drive restored
Jan 2020  CHAOS... again list my mind for a while several attempted and failed suicides
March 2020 freedom no more hospitals
August 2020 despite covid name finally changed

Colleen_definitely

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2019, 09:32:56 am »
Tea is kind of fun because there's such a wide variety.

I generally drink black tea with some hibiscus flower mixed in (jamaica for those who habla the espanol) which ends up making it fruity and tart.  It's really tasty.

Another blend I like is a 50/50 blend of oolong and jasmine tea.  I like both on their own, but they really come alive when you blend it. 

Yorkshire gold is another one I really love.  It can brew up nearly as dark as coffee and has a really robust flavor compared to most black tea.

And then of course there's the herbal teas, chamomile and such are really great when I want to wind down.  I did make the mistake of trying a valerian root tea once, that was a great sleep aid but tasted awful.  I think you're supposed to just chug that stuff instead of trying to enjoy it, but maybe some people like that flavor.

Offline Maid Marion

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2019, 09:57:28 am »
Usually a cup of tea every day.  Two in the winter when I don't spend as much time outside.
Earl Grey or flavored black tea in the morning.  Decaf or herbal tea in the evening.  Decaf Paris is one of my favorites.

The  cheapest tea I can drink is bagged Pu Erh, a fermented tea that can be used for multiple infusions.  I went through a pre-retirement phase where I wanted to know low I could pare down my expenses.

Marion

Offline DawnOday

• Links Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2019, 10:22:25 am »
Black tea only. Green tea is loaded with vitamin k which works to clot the blood. It's odd because black tea is just green tea that has been oxidized.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

What a trip it's been. I have been blessed in so many ways. I love my sisters, and happier than ever.

Offline Sbernaeyge

• Friend
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2019, 10:38:47 am »
I admit an oolong is amazing. I used to take oolong and mix with a small amount of green, good for you but I hate the taste so added the antioxidants without grossness and an herbal something with strawberries or even tropical with mangoes and pineapple a pinch of sugar to a pot and mmmmmm. Tastes like fruity tea heaven

Samantha Christienne
Fall 2016 CHAOS diagnosed with stage 3 testicular cancer. Progress stopped completely
Mid 2017 treatments finally end. Most of my drive destroyed as I pieced back together my life
Early 2019 SUCCESS get clearance for HRT...kinda...Had to be cleared by both oncologist and cardiologist.
Jan 2020  CHAOS... again list my mind for a while several attempted and failed suicides

Offline Fleur

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2019, 09:09:19 pm »
Black extra strong and I mean strong enough to peel paint I want the bottom of the pot no sugar. 

omg my teeth feel furry just reading this!
I won't give up at all
I will make it real"

-Brody Dalle

Offline Fleur

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2019, 09:13:56 pm »
Tea is kind of fun because there's such a wide variety.

I generally drink black tea with some hibiscus flower mixed in (jamaica for those who habla the espanol) which ends up making it fruity and tart.  It's really tasty.

Oh yes! I like hibiscus flower/jamaica flower tea. I just have it on its own, unsweetened. I haven't tried mixing it, interesting....

Also I like ginger tea. I just steep some grated fresh ginger in hot water. It's meant to be a pain killer, so I've been trying it on laser and electrolysis days. It helps a little? :/
I won't give up at all
I will make it real"

-Brody Dalle

Offline Lady Sarah

• Yes, it's another Sarah
  • Family
  • I love my hubby
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2019, 09:24:42 pm »
I might be obvious I'm from Texas... but... The only tea I drink is sweet iced tea.
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016

I don't have wrinkles. I have wise cracks.

Offline Carla68

• Friend
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2019, 11:48:38 am »
Yorkshire Tea, as soon as I get to work

Freshly boiled water (preferably soft) 6-7 mins minimum brew dash of milk, nu sugar repeat at least 3 times (leave in teabag if hungover)

Carla
Carla

FFS 22-6-21
GRS 22-6-21

Offline Sbernaeyge

• Friend
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2019, 01:22:08 pm »
I might be obvious I'm from Texas... but... The only tea I drink is sweet iced tea.
Omg once in a very blue moon at work I’ll leave my tea up front , and I’m absent minded not realize whose cup is whose and I’ll get a swig of sweet tea uhhhg happened the other day I had to rinse my mouth out bad my coworker just laughed like really yes REALLY

Hilariously though hot tea I love adding honey to

Samantha Christienne

Offline Leesh

• Laura
  • Friend
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2021, 11:04:41 am »
I'm not a big fan of tea, but occasionally I will drink it. I always put lemon and honey in it.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
Do you drink tea?
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2022, 09:20:56 am »
I like the “pseudo teas” like peppermint tea.  No caffeine too.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2022, 05:32:50 am »
Lemon green tea , if I have to drink black tea its no milk or sugar
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2022, 07:31:22 am »
Lemon green tea , if I have to drink black tea its no milk or sugar

I never thought about putting milk in tea.  I have for coffee.  Interesting, that is.

Chrissy

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2022, 08:53:47 am »
Milk and 2 sugars (tsp) is normal in the UK in black tea, not in the green tea though !
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Offline Sephirah

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2022, 02:14:54 pm »
As a Brit this is probably heresy... but I really, really dislike tea. I am allergic to refined sugar... and mostly dislike anything sweet in general so if I ever have it, it will be just a teabag and hot water. It tastes incredibly bland to me. Just a discoloured liquid in a cup. I tried a specialty tea once (I don't remember if it was green tea or camomile) but it was like drinking condensed lawn cuttings in a mug. Not for me. Eww.

I'm a coffee bean gal through and through, I guess. :)

I never thought about putting milk in tea.  I have for coffee.  Interesting, that is.

Chrissy

Yeah most Brits have milk in their tea, and sugar. Apparently just to make it taste like something. Black normal tea doesn't really taste like anything, imo.

There is one exception. Lemon tea. I love that. Omg. It tastes like Lemsip (without the flu meds). I'm not even sure it's actually tea. But it's delicious!

Tags: