Author Topic: A Christian homeless shelter is getting $100k in damages after they turned away  (Read 653 times)

Offline stephaniec

• SPARTA Trans Veterans AKA Stephaniec ( Garbo ) Diabla
  • Family
A Christian homeless shelter is getting $100k in damages after they turned away a trans

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2019/10/christian-homeless-shelter-getting-100k-damages-turned-away-trans-woman/?fbclid=IwAR2fxeBIFEKcvDTVceUuSXj1vas8IiKhMdWBPZUQd0nj9bA_Sdnf1Kz1TwU#.XZOs_qdqCdE.facebook

LBGTQ Nation/By Alex Bollinger Tuesday, October 1, 2019 

Offline AnneK

Re: d
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2019, 05:17:36 pm »
That shelter doesn't sound very "Christian" to me.
I'm a 66 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.

Offline Lady Sarah

• Yes, it's another Sarah
  • Family
  • I love my hubby
The folks running the shelter are not following the teachings of Christ, or they would not turn away anyone for any reason.
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016

Offline itsApril

Please forgive the presumption of an atheist for citing scripture, but:

30 In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. 31 A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32 So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 The next day he took out two denarii and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’

36 “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”

37 The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”

Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”
Luke 10:30-37

That happened on the road from Jerusalem to Jericho.  I guess the rules are different in Alaska.
-April

Offline MikaelaA

• The day I can be myself is the best day of my life
Too many so called religious institutions preach love and compassion but practice bigotry.  That's what extremism will get you.  So SAD !!!
Finally discovered the real ME: September 5, 2019
Started HRT: September 20, 2019
Out to my wife: October 25, 2019
Out to my closest friends and family: February 9, 2020
Out at work: July 31, 2020
Legal name change: September 29, 2020

Offline BlueJaye

• Family
Quoted from the article: "The center argues that it’s Christian, so it can turn away people who don’t live up to their religious principles".

Romans 3:23 "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God".
Ecclesiastes 7:20 "Indeed, there is not a righteous man on earth who continually does good and who never sins".

Well, gee, it would seem that nobody lives up to God's standard. That's the whole point of the Gospel of Jesus Christ! We're all equally unworthy! If you want to run bigoted shelter, please don't use the name of Jesus!

Tags: