Community Conversation > Intersex talk

Self-Identifying PAIS?

<< < (5/5)

Linde:

--- Quote from: ParkerTalks on October 28, 2019, 11:39:01 pm ---Hmm. All of the intersex advocacy organizations and websites I've seen include CAH? Perhaps it is one of the more debated forms, I don't know.

But for example, it's mentioned on the blog "Intersex Roadshow" https://intersexroadshow.blogspot.com/2011/04/intersex-genitalia-illustrated-and.html which is an information platform ran by an intersex activist.
Or here, on the website for the old nonprofit, the Intersex Society of North America https://isna.org/faq/conditions/cah/

--- End quote ---
It is always hard to say where intersex starts and what is not intersex.  If you take my secondary hypogonadism for example.  Even though I had one well developed testicle this hypo thing did not trigger the creation of testosterone, and my body developed fully female, I had not the slightest indicators of secondary male sex characteristics, but I developed breasts.  It is almost similar to the androgen insensitivity syndrome, only instead of female genitalia, I had male.  One should think that male genitalia on a female body would count for an intersex condition, but it does not (I really don't know who makes those decisions), but my XX chromosomes and the male genitalia are considered intersex!
But all that makes not much difference in your daily life, for me it was hard trying to be a guy while having a female body and a female brain.  But it worked for many years.  I think one should not hang oneself up on the terminology, but try to live best with the body and the conditions it has.  For me the life as a guy was OK most of the time, but it was not really fun.  Now living as a women, my body and my mind are exposed to a life that fits them way better than the male one they worked so hard at.

The best is, you forget about the intersex stuff, cause that will only tell you why you are the way you are,  and live the life that fits you and that agrees with your body!

Hugs
Linde

ParkerTalks:

--- Quote from: Linde on October 29, 2019, 12:41:51 am ---It is always hard to say where intersex starts and what is not intersex.  If you take my secondary hypogonadism for example.  Even though I had one well developed testicle this hypo thing did not trigger the creation of testosterone, and my body developed fully female, I had not the slightest indicators of secondary male sex characteristics, but I developed breasts.  It is almost similar to the androgen insensitivity syndrome, only instead of female genitalia, I had male.  One should think that male genitalia on a female body would count for an intersex condition, but it does not (I really don't know who makes those decisions), but my XX chromosomes and the male genitalia are considered intersex!
But all that makes not much difference in your daily life, for me it was hard trying to be a guy while having a female body and a female brain.  But it worked for many years.  I think one should not hang oneself up on the terminology, but try to live best with the body and the conditions it has.  For me the life as a guy was OK most of the time, but it was not really fun.  Now living as a women, my body and my mind are exposed to a life that fits them way better than the male one they worked so hard at.

The best is, you forget about the intersex stuff, cause that will only tell you why you are the way you are,  and live the life that fits you and that agrees with your body!

Hugs
Linde

--- End quote ---

Oh, yeah, basically I only care because I'm about to start my medical transition, and me being some forms of intersex could affect how things in my transition work.

Linde:

--- Quote from: ParkerTalks on October 29, 2019, 06:16:38 pm ---Oh, yeah, basically I only care because I'm about to start my medical transition, and me being some forms of intersex could affect how things in my transition work.

--- End quote ---
Well let me tell you how it worked for me (the other way around, but still my intersex dictated my transition).

My boobs started to grow without any added hormones, etc.  I never had any body hair, not on my legs, arms or under my arms, just the female type of not much genital hair.  I never had a receding hairline, and no Adams Apple.  My voice was always rather high pitch.  This means, I basically could change my clothing, and continue to live as a woman.  Intersex and hypogonadism made sure of that.  I got my useless testicle removed because it hurt a lot, and could have been cancerous (It was not).  That was basically all because of intersex, no trans intervention was done up til than.
Because of the fact that I wanted to get a vulva and vagina (actually wanted them back), I had to follow the WPATH guidelines, and had to get HTR, to get that, I had to see a therapist to write the recommendation letter.  I had to be a year on HRT (which is over beginning December) and live a year in my desired gender roll, which I did way longer.  I am now in lin for surgery, which i hopefully will get in less than 6 months.  After that I am done with transitioning, but need to be on certain medications for the rest  of my life.  These medications are caused by intersex conditions.  Which means, I will never stop being intersex.  I can live like a cis woman, and be even tested out as one, thanks to my chromosomes, but I will remain to be intersex, because that is what my body is, still a mixture between man and woman, nothing in the world can change this.  But I really don't think about it, because with the medications I can live like any other older cis woman.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version