Author Topic: Dealing with conservative Evangelicals  (Read 2240 times)

Offline BlueJaye

• Family
Re: Dealing with conservative Evangelicals
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2019, 08:00:58 pm »
Thanks.

Until I came to a self realization in 2015, that very well could have been me making those transphobic comments. I suspect he might have had a change of heart if the subject affected him personally.

Lisa

I’m sure he would have, and up until I finally admitted the truth to myself it was also how I was. I was very transphobic outwardly, while on the inside I felt ashamed because I knew I was just lying. I felt so much pressure to conform to what I had been taught was the godly ideal. Christians can’t suffer from gender dysphoria, Christians can’t be transgender, etc. Alas, I finally had to confess that gender dysphoria doesn’t play favorites. It doesn’t care what you believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Lisa89125

• Family
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2019, 03:20:08 pm »
Amen.

Lisa
"My inner self knows better than my outer self my true gender"

Offline Linde

• Full time for some time
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2019, 03:52:57 pm »
I’m sure he would have, and up until I finally admitted the truth to myself it was also how I was. I was very transphobic outwardly, while on the inside I felt ashamed because I knew I was just lying. I felt so much pressure to conform to what I had been taught was the godly ideal. Christians can’t suffer from gender dysphoria, Christians can’t be transgender, etc. Alas, I finally had to confess that gender dysphoria doesn’t play favorites. It doesn’t care what you believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We all have our dark spots, and as long as we see them, and work to eliminate them, we are progressing. 
For a very long time of my "male" life, I was very homophobic.  This homophobia was directed against gay men only.  I don't know whether my brain knew already that I was a lesbian???? I don't think so, but???  Anyway, later in my life I met the gay brother and his companion, of a very good friend  I found what extremely nice people they were.  I was mad about myself that I even could think negatively about them.  After this time I really worked hard on myself to overcome this negative thinking. 
I mentioned here at Susan's that I was afraid that my dislike for men could have been caused by some kind of internalized homophobia!  I am still not happy that I am a lesbian, but I am very glad that I am not homophobic!

Now that the homophobia is gone for certain, I have to work on the acceptance being a lesbian.  I came out to my ex already, all my friends know, and I think my son knows, too!

Tags: