Author Topic: fiddle rebuild  (Read 279 times)

Offline Faith

fiddle rebuild
« on: October 17, 2019, 11:59:10 am »
I was chatting with a cousin who plays fiddle and I dug up some old repair photos that I had done back in 2013 to share with her. I still have the fiddle, it plays and sounds great (except when I try .. HAH!). I thought maybe some here would be interested.

It was a disassemble, repair, reassemble, refinish project.

I'll not post all the images, there's too many. You can DL the zip if you want. It's safe, honest  :angel: :angel:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i4d9ug8swbbfywr/fiddle-photos.zip?dl=0

Offline Jessica

• I love you. No...... I might not know you, but if folk can hate for no good reason, I can love.
Re: fiddle rebuild
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 12:03:54 pm »
Fiddle  is a rustic term for a Violin, so I’ll bring up that my 10 yo grandson has taken up the fiddle!

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

Offline Faith

Re: fiddle rebuild
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 12:07:56 pm »
Fiddle  is a rustic term for a Violin, so I’ll bring up that my 10 yo grandson has taken up the fiddle!

who are you calling rustic??!!  I'll have you know that I was born in the back woods of .. errmm .. yeah, OK .. rustic.

The difference between a fiddle and a violin is the style of the person playing it. No difference in the actual instrument.

Tags: