Author Topic: Employment protection map USA  (Read 334 times)

Offline BlueJaye

• Family
Employment protection map USA
« on: October 18, 2019, 10:23:52 am »
I’ve been following the Supreme Court hearing about employment protection for LGBTQ people. I was looking for updates today and came across this handy map of states and their protections (or lack thereof). I got lucky, I live in Iowa and didn’t even know I was protected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Phina

Re: Employment protection map USA
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2019, 12:17:43 pm »
This map makes me a little hopeful, but I still worry about them coming up with some other reason to fire me.

Yeaterday, I read an article about a transwomen in I think New Mexico getting harassed and fired over the course of a year and a half.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2019, 01:06:55 pm »
This map makes me a little hopeful, but I still worry about them coming up with some other reason to fire me.

Yeaterday, I read an article about a transwomen in I think New Mexico getting harassed and fired over the course of a year and a half.

In an employ at will state you can be fired for no given reason.  You cannot be fired for protected reasons. 

Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Phina

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2019, 10:58:51 am »
In an employ at will state you can be fired for no given reason.  You cannot be fired for protected reasons.

I live in Illinois, but I still fear but employability because of this.  Being trans may not be the official reason, but if you want to fire someone, you can find a reason, or make them so miserable that they want to quit.

Offline BlueJaye

• Family
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2019, 11:31:23 am »

True, employers can still manufacture other reasons to get rid of you.

Tags: