Author Topic: UK's first Chick-Fil-A set to close...after eight days  (Read 717 times)

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
UK's first Chick-Fil-A set to close...after eight days
« on: October 18, 2019, 12:51:12 pm »
UK’s first Chick-fil-A is set to close after immense pressure from LGBT rights groups. It’s been open eight whole days

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2019/10/18/uk-first-chick-fil-close-pressure-lgbt-reading-pride-the-oracle/

Pinknews UK/By Patrick Kelleher 18 October 2019

Chick-fil-A opened its first UK branch in Reading, Berkshire just last week – but the fast-food restaurant is already set to close after facing sustained pressure from LGBT+ activists.

Campaigners were outraged last week when the chain opened in The Oracle shopping centre in Reading.

However, a spokeswoman for the shopping centre confirmed today that “the right thing to do” is to not extend Chick-fil-A’s lease past its “six-month pilot period”, the BBC reports.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm surprised they were even allowed to open it in the first place.
Veteran, US Army

Offline big kim

Re: UK's first Chick-Fil-A set to close...after eight days
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2019, 01:16:59 pm »
World's smallest violin

Offline itsApril

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2019, 02:08:51 pm »
Why would anyone in Reading want to go to Chick-fil-A when there are so many great Asian takeaways?  Chicken curry, folks!

Seriously, most folks in UK look down on bullying and discrimination.
-April

Offline Cassie23

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2019, 02:37:11 am »
Dang, that place is delicious. I’ve never been bullied or discriminated against inside of one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline AnneK

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2019, 05:49:00 am »
Dang, that place is delicious. I’ve never been bullied or discriminated against inside of one.

I don't think the problem is with local franchises, but the fact that a portion of what you spend there makes it's way to anti LGBQT organizations.
I'm a 66 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.

Offline Chloe

• Family
  • "Landed Airline Gentry"
    • CowetaSolar Journal(s) & Blog(s)
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2019, 06:22:32 am »
Dang, that place is delicious . . .

Not a big fan of a $3+ Chicken sandwich price but our three local Chick-Fil-A's are the BUSIEST places in town and they're the only fast-food I know who hand out "free sandwich coupons" as tips like it's candy . . . Also spent a lot of time at their Corporate HQ in Red Oak, GA and know they actively hire and support kids (mostly girls?) interested in advancing their education at University.
         Here in the South what I find most interesting, unlike other FF joints, is they seem to overstaff with "white folk only" but wouldn't think they ask 'who ya sleep with' on their employment application.

Apparently lesbian is "ok" but not "gay"? Suppose THAT would be in-line with prevailing U.S. "male attitudes" all along now wouldn't it? The reality around here is everyone is "hiring" due to a serious cheap labor shortage and Chick-Fil-A gets first pick, la "cream da la crop"? Surely many here also go to "church" and like 'aving their Sundays OFF?
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2019, 07:07:03 am »
Yeah, but sometimes a body just wants to have a cow!
Chicken just won't do it.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline Linde

• Full time for some time
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2019, 04:00:16 pm »
Yeah, but sometimes a body just wants to have a cow!
Chicken just won't do it.
Or a nice piece of fish!  For me chicken has a hard time to cut it at all!
Surf and turf is the real deal!

Offline Cassie23

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2019, 03:14:30 am »
         Not a big fan of a $3+ Chicken sandwich price but our three local Chick-Fil-A's are the BUSIEST places in town and they're the only fast-food I know who hand out "free sandwich coupons" as tips like it's candy . . . Also spent a lot of time at their Corporate HQ in Red Oak, GA and know they actively hire and support kids (mostly girls?) interested in advancing their education at University.
         Here in the South what I find most interesting, unlike other FF joints, is they seem to overstaff with "white folk only" but wouldn't think they ask 'who ya sleep with' on their employment application.

Apparently lesbian is "ok" but not "gay"? Suppose THAT would be in-line with prevailing U.S. "male attitudes" all along now wouldn't it? The reality around here is everyone is "hiring" due to a serious cheap labor shortage and Chick-Fil-A gets first pick, la "cream da la crop"? Surely many here also go to "church" and like 'aving their Sundays OFF?

Not sure where this is headed but the one around me is staffed by mostly black women and is owned by a white woman. It is also the business FF place in our town and also the nicest. No idea about any of their sexuality’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags: