Community Conversation > Support groups

Salvation Army LGBTQ support

(1/3) > >>

BlueJaye:
I wasn’t expecting this, but it turns out the Salvation Army runs some programs to assist LGBTQ needs for shelter, substance abuse, food, job training, and teen suicide prevention.

https://www.salvationarmyusa.org/usn/the-lgbtq-community-and-the-salvation-army/

I don’t know if they do much in terms of requiring anything like adherence to certain doctrinal positions. I have served on their mobile food canteen before and never saw anything like that, so I am doubting it.

If you or anyone you know is in need of assistance, this could be a resource.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Linde:

--- Quote from: BlueJaye on October 20, 2019, 12:34:38 pm ---I wasn’t expecting this, but it turns out the Salvation Army runs some programs to assist LGBTQ needs for shelter, substance abuse, food, job training, and teen suicide prevention.

https://www.salvationarmyusa.org/usn/the-lgbtq-community-and-the-salvation-army/

I don’t know if they do much in terms of requiring anything like adherence to certain doctrinal positions. I have served on their mobile food canteen before and never saw anything like that, so I am doubting it.

If you or anyone you know is in need of assistance, this could be a resource.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---
I am impressed!  I probably have to check into them to see if I can help as a volunteer!

Devlyn:
I've always supported the Salvation Army because they filled our tank with heating oil when we needed it. Plus I have much respect for their bell ringers who stand outside in the worst of weather. I usually stick my dollar in the kettle and ask if I can take a turn ringing the bell, which they usually do with a smile. Give it a shot sometime, it's not as easy as you might think.  ;)

PS: I'm aware of their history, but where would we be if we didn't give people, and groups, opportunities to learn and change? Yeah, I'm looking at you, Chick-Fil-A!  :laugh:

BlueJaye:

--- Quote from: Devlyn on November 01, 2019, 06:26:15 am ---I've always supported the Salvation Army because they filled our tank with heating oil when we needed it. Plus I have much respect for their bell ringers who stand outside in the worst of weather. I usually stick my dollar in the kettle and ask if I can take a turn ringing the bell, which they usually do with a smile. Give it a shot sometime, it's not as easy as you might think.  ;)

PS: I'm aware of their history, but where would we be if we didn't give people, and groups, opportunities to learn and change? Yeah, I'm looking at you, Chick-Fil-A!  :laugh:

--- End quote ---

I appreciate your charitable attitude toward the fast food chain (whose name I won't repeat). I would like to hope they can reform.

Devlyn:

--- Quote from: BlueJaye on November 01, 2019, 07:05:09 am ---
I appreciate your charitable attitude toward the fast food chain (whose name I won't repeat). I would like to hope they can reform.

--- End quote ---

They better reform quickly, we're going by one of their few UK locations in Scotland in a couple weeks, and plan on gesticulating wildly with our middle fingers, or perhaps ordering some food and just driving off.  :laugh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version