News and Events > General News

Death threats cause retreat on trans rights

(1/2) > >>

HappyMoni:
Saw this sad article.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/georgia-pickens-county-transgender-bathroom-policy_n_5da88a8fe4b034f1d69ed3ad

HuffPost/
By Curtis M. Wong   QUEER VOICES 10/17/2019 05:49 pm ET

What kind of precedent does this set?

BlueJaye:
Not sure, but certainly not a good precedent. My initial reaction is anyone who would threaten to kill school administrators over transgender rights would probably have no qualms killing the transgender students the administrators were hoping to protect. Yikes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TonyaW:
I'd thinka little investigation would be able to find the perpetrator(s) of the the threats.  Any chance any of them get prosecuted?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

BlueJaye:

--- Quote from: TonyaW on October 20, 2019, 03:08:20 pm ---I'd thinka little investigation would be able to find the perpetrator(s) of the the threats.  Any chance any of them get prosecuted?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

Let’s hope so!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LizK:
It would seem that if you make enough death threats and perpetrate some violence then you can get your way. This of course will all be done under the guise of “free speech”. IMHO this is about poor education and a religious doctrine gone mad. In what other situation would this been seen as acceptable and instead of push back we have capitulation.

IMHO Those who have accepted this as a win are very short sighted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version