Activism and Politics > Activism

The transgender flag

<< < (2/2)

ChrissyRyan:

--- Quote from: gennee on October 30, 2019, 06:36:51 pm ---I meet people where they are at. I have friends of all stripes. I like the transgender flag because it shows that we exist. I believe that every person is entitled to their own opinion and I respect that. It's sad that people cut themselves off just because they present a different viewpoint.

--- End quote ---

That’s for sure!

Chrissy

KennedDoll:

--- Quote from: gennee on October 30, 2019, 06:36:51 pm ---I meet people where they are at. I have friends of all stripes. I like the transgender flag because it shows that we exist. I believe that every person is entitled to their own opinion and I respect that. It's sad that people cut themselves off from others just because they present a different viewpoint.

--- End quote ---

That is why I like the transgender symbol ⚧️ rather than the flag. Flags in general represent a team or a country or an army. I want to be part of a community that is inclusive rather than part of a team that is on one side against another side.

That doesn't mean that if someone uses the flag to mean community instead of team, I would reject them.

I will not throw anyone under the bus, like has been done to me. I won't exile you because you spoke to the wrong person, as has been done to me (an exception is people who are intentionally being deceptive, e.g. TERFs and most "gender critical" people I have encountered).

------------------------------------

I probably should have use the subject "the transgender symbol" and approached this the opposite way.

I've never seen the symbol for Mercury ☿ be used to mean "screw you, other elements".
I've never seen the symbol for Uranus ♅ be used to mean "the best planet".
I've never seen the symbol for Neptune ♆ be used to mean "keep out, other planets".
I've never seen the symbol for Saturn ♄ be used to mean "make the solar system great again".

I have seen the Mars  ♂ and Venus  ♀ symbols be used to mean war with the other, but I think the transgender symbol resolves that in favor of community ⚧️.

KennedDoll:
If someone says they prefer coca-cola, it doesn't mean that they won't drink pepsi.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version