Author Topic: Things that scared you as a kid.  (Read 2750 times)

Offline Lisa89125

• Family
Re: Things that scared you as a kid.
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2019, 04:51:48 pm »
Let's not.

I do think these are funny as heck though.

Robot is freaky though.

Lisa

« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 08:18:12 pm by Lisa89125 »
"My inner self knows better than my outer self my true gender"

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2019, 04:52:13 pm »
Scary stories.
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

I am a brown eyed brunette.

Offline BlueJaye

• Family
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2019, 04:54:02 pm »
Let's not.

I do think these are funny as heck though. Robot is freaky though.

Lisa
Lol, I have seen that one before and it really made me laugh.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2019, 04:57:32 pm »
Spooky Movies.
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2019, 07:33:36 pm »
Raccoons. At least where I lived, they were scared of nothing. So I was scared of them.

Sarah
----
50 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Offline big kim

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2019, 02:44:28 am »
Bloody Mary. My friends elder sister hated us, she was 6 years older and had a mean streak. one night she told us the story of how saying Bloody Mary's name 3 times in front of a mirror would make her appear and kill anyone in the room. She tricked us both to go in the bathroom, shouted bloody mary 3 times and held the door shut from the outside.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2019, 05:53:53 pm »
Ghost stories

Offline Leesh

• Laura
  • Friend
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2020, 07:10:16 am »
Vacuum cleaners. As ridiculous as it sounds :P

When I was a kid, our TV used to play that TV show called Muzzy, that was supposed to teach kids English. It was freaking me out like hell.

Offline Oldandcreaky

• Family
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2020, 07:54:26 am »
Immortality scared me. I was raised Catholic, thus led to believe I was an immortal, but even as a child, I had precocious insight into the pitfalls of eternity. Now I know I'm mortal and I'm eternally grateful for that.

Offline JennyTG

• Family
  • Don't dream it, be it
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2022, 06:42:23 pm »
Ernest Borgnine and Ronald McDonald.
~I just wanna have fun, that's all I really want~

Offline itsmeelysemarie

• To Alan with love.
    • Tumblr.
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2022, 04:19:35 pm »
I'm not sure if this counts cause it started when I was a kid, but Coneheads.

I saw part of it when I was about three (before I knew I needed glasses) and, well, I don't know what I saw, but it definitely wasn't the comedy it's supposed to be.
Alan makes my world go 'round.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2022, 05:16:24 pm »
Scary stories.

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle, Aspiring Person
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2022, 05:26:46 pm »
When I was about 5 years old I clearly remember getting lost and separated
from my mother at a large department store....
.... it was certainly frightening for what seemed like an eternity until my mom
found me after one of the store clerks made an announcement on the paging system.

Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 43

Offline Lady Sarah

• Yes, it's another Sarah
  • Family
  • I love my hubby
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2022, 07:54:44 pm »
Older kids, and my adoptive mother when she was drunk. Yes, I was bullied and beaten to the point of being traumatized.  When a child has to live through that, they have nothing but that to fear.
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016

I don't have wrinkles. I have wise cracks.

Offline Rakel

• rah KEL
  • Family
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2022, 08:47:16 pm »
... I was bullied and beaten to the point of being traumatized.  When a child has to live through that, they have nothing but that to fear.

Same here, but this time it was my father. I really do not want to even call him a father. I got slapped around quite a bit for trivial offences and at age 11 he grabbed me by the neck and threw me against the kitchen wall so hard that the back of my head dented a hole in the drywall. A few years later I was in foster care.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline Lady Sarah

• Yes, it's another Sarah
  • Family
  • I love my hubby
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2022, 01:10:54 am »
Same here, but this time it was my father. I really do not want to even call him a father. I got slapped around quite a bit for trivial offences and at age 11 he grabbed me by the neck and threw me against the kitchen wall so hard that the back of my head dented a hole in the drywall. A few years later I was in foster care.

Foster care was wonderful for me. I got to live away from the horror until after I graduated high school. But, since I graduated at age 17, they put me back in hell afterward.
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016

I don't have wrinkles. I have wise cracks.

Offline Kaleig_hC

• Family
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2022, 06:51:41 am »
Two major fears ruled my life not only as a child and even into my adult years. First the feat of my father when it gets angry. He physically abused me repeatedly growing up. It only stopped three years ago and I am in the mid 40s. My mother is my protector. She is the one that tried to calm him down and get him off me.

The other is my extreme fear of girls. I watch boys pester girls and at some point they have enough and snapped back at those boys. I treated girls like they can beat me to a pulp with a stick. If they came anywhere near me I would draw up and shake. This even affected my relationship with my sisters. I take the blame for their misbehavior when they blame me when I was innocent. I would not stand up to them and take the blame. Thankfully my mother saw right through this and knew it was not me. I learned playing one on one with my baby sister reduced amount of time my sisters got together which is when two of them would blame for something. Beginning of my dysphoria was my preteens. I am basically a girl on the inside that was afraid of girls. It sounds crazy in theory. My eye level go no higher than their shoe tops. Since I was afraid of making eye contact with girls. This staring at girl's shoe tops got me accused of looking up the girl's skirts in Sunday School in church when I was 26. Sunday School teacher, a man, confided that with me after they came to him with it. I told him my eyes never het higher than their shoe tops because of my fear of girls/women. That was the end of that. Guys were on the left and girls on the right facing each other about 6 feet apart setting on benches. My eyes stayed on their shoe tops because the proximity brought out my fear of them. Forget looking up skirts, by this stage of my life I was wishing I was on the other side of the other side of the room in the skirts. My dysphoria was real by this time. Fear of girls finally got conquered in my late 20s. Boys bullied me and girls scared me. I was isolated much in school growing up.

Offline Allie Jayne

« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2022, 07:47:03 am »
When I was seven years old, I sat on my bed and poured my heart out to my mother that I should be a girl. She knew that in 1961 in a government housing area, being transgender was almost a death sentence. Through fear, she told me that if anyone found out about my secret, I could be taken to an asylum and shocked until I stopped saying I was a girl, or people could assault me. For the next two years, most nights I had nightmares about people chasing me, and I wet my bed. With 3 brothers, bed wetting until you are 9 years old brought about it’s own miserable times. I learned that shock treatment was really a thing for people with assumed mental conditions, and a 14 year old boy in my street was kicked to death because he ‘might’ have been gay.

I buried my trans feelings with a genuine fear for survival, and that fear of discovery stayed with me until it contributed to me becoming critically ill at 65 from long term stress. When I was a kid, I lived in fear of losing my life, but as an adult, I lived in fear of losing loved ones close to me who meant more to me than my life. Though I am transitioned now and living reasonably comfortably, being trans meant a life of fear and stress for me, and did cost me my health, my life partner, and almost my life.

Hugs,

Allie
1958 Knew I should be a girl
1961 Told my mother I was a girl
1976 told my fiance I was trans
1999 told my 2nd wife to be I was trans
2000 began being me at home
2018 Dysphoria made me seriously sick
2019 started HRT, not sick any more!
        Started electrolysis
2020 Full time, legally Me!
2021 Labiaplasty
        Divorced again and on my own
2022 BA

Offline Kaleig_hC

• Family
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2022, 05:54:35 pm »
I thought of one other thing. I think many children have dealt with this fear. I had a fear of the dark so I sleep with my closet light on. Now I want my room pitch black. I even cover the light on the TV and one on my surge protector.

Tags: