Author Topic: What are you having for dinner? 4.0  (Read 25772 times)

Online ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
What are you having for dinner? 4.0
« on: October 26, 2019, 07:50:31 am »

I think that administrators can go in an edit the name of the person that started the thread to V M or Cindy to preserve this fun thread’s authorship, I do not need my name on it as its creator.  I think that Cindy started this a long time ago and V M kept it going with the next thread as the old one got filled-up.  V M, we miss your presence here lately.  I hope you are feeling and doing well.

Thanks go to our many frequent posters.  This thread’s posts often have great recipes and wonderful pictures.

May you have many times of happy and healthy meal planning and eating!   :)

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Online ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 09:12:45 am »
Yesterday evening I made a pumpkin spice loaf.  Very moist. 
I just added a few ingredients, I did not make it from scratch.

I also ate a salad.  Did you have anything good to eat yesterday evening?

Chrissy

Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
Re: What are you having for dinner? 4.0
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 03:00:26 pm »
Tomato chicken curry, tonight a fish curry (salmon as it was on offer) Masala . Also made a northern Indian veg curry with poppy and mustard seeds as a base, butternut squash (instead of bitter gourd , recipe said so) potato, carrot, aubergine and courgette . Also has a spice mix called Patch Poran , the mustard seeds make it quite warming!!
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever

Offline BlueJaye

• Family
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2019, 05:05:35 pm »
Broiled chicken breasts with shells and cheese.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2019, 06:17:55 pm »
I think I will have a salad.  I have the pumpkin spice loaf too.

Chrissy

Offline Linde

• Full time for some time
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2019, 11:37:00 pm »
I was invited to a birthday party, an they had a variety of open faced sandwiches.  All were pretty delicious!

Online ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2019, 01:16:45 am »
I was invited to a birthday party, an they had a variety of open faced sandwiches.  All were pretty delicious!

Sounds good to me!

Chrissy

Offline BlueJaye

• Family
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2019, 12:44:17 pm »
Lunch today. I’m at a Whirlpool appliance manufacturing facility. I visit a lot of different places in a given year, usually manufacturing facilities. Most offer nothing to eat and I go forage for whatever I can find in local shops and restaurants. Whirlpool has a really nice cafeteria with delicious food. Today was chicken Parmesan with noodles and a side of wild rice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2019, 05:50:22 pm »
I think I will have a spinach salad with tomatoes, egg whites, itsy bitsy pieces of bacon, mushrooms, cheddar cheese, Marzetti’s refrigerated classic French or Ken’s French dressing.

I am hungry already thinking about it. Maybe some mozzarella cheese too.

Chrissy

Offline Linde

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2019, 09:49:35 pm »
I was presented with fried potatoes fried with sweet pepper pieces in them, an omlet, and some bacon and sausage patties.

i have not prepared food for myself for several days now, everybody tries to feed me.  I really like this!

Colleen_definitely

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2019, 10:01:45 pm »
Whirlpool has a really nice cafeteria with delicious food.

That's sadly a rarity.  Lots of pharma companies I visited had really lousy ones.  I have to say that the NNSA site in Kansas City has a great one, and Sherwin Williams R&D in Cleveland also has a really fantastic cafeteria.  The myriad of other places I spent time at either didn't have one or had one that made the lunch ladies at elementary school look like Julia Child.

Offline Linde

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2019, 10:13:51 pm »
That's sadly a rarity.  Lots of pharma companies I visited had really lousy ones.  I have to say that the NNSA site in Kansas City has a great one, and Sherwin Williams R&D in Cleveland also has a really fantastic cafeteria.  The myriad of other places I spent time at either didn't have one or had one that made the lunch ladies at elementary school look like Julia Child.
We had two different counters, one with the slap it onto the plate style food, and one for a little more money with really good stuff.  We also had a sushi bar.  It seems that the wanted to keep us happy!

Online ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2019, 06:54:16 pm »
Will it be Cheesy Peas or a peanut butter jelly sandwich?

I will figure it out later...

Chrissy  :)

Offline Linde

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2019, 08:52:50 pm »
I had an acorn squash with butter, and a German Knockwurst.  Grapes for dessert!

Online ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2019, 06:31:32 pm »
I am going to enjoy a nice steak.

Perhaps some grapes later.

Chrissy

Offline Linde

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2019, 09:35:00 pm »
Was with some friends at the restaurant "Sweet Tomatoes", a vegetarien place.  I really liked their vegetarian chilli!

Colleen_definitely

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2019, 09:53:17 pm »
I haven't been to a Sweet Tomatoes in years.  They were pretty great as I recall.

I had a sriracha chicken flatbread sandwich from one of the little campus cafe things.  It wasn't half bad.

Offline Julielynn

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2019, 04:20:30 am »
I tried making that Keto friendly Cauliflower pizza crust.  Added mozzerella, pepperoni, and a little sauce and well...

It's weird.  It looks, tastes, and even crunches just like normal pizza crust.  It's missing that carbolicious satisfaction.  It just wasn't filling.  Strangest feeling ever eating that.  You keep expecting to feel stuffed since it's pretty much exactly like normal pizza, but never do.  I'm not sure I'd try that again despite it being quite good.  I recommend you try it.  It's a strange feeling.  If you're on a diet and feel a must for pizza, it's worth a shot.   It's right on the money as far as taste goes. 

Colleen_definitely

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2019, 07:23:33 am »
I found that the cheese based crusts are a bit more filling, especially if you throw in more psyllium husk or ground flax seed.

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2019, 07:29:45 am »
Last night, fish and chips (honest to god, the best part of being in the UK  :) ), tonight it's sausage and mixed vegetables.
Veteran, US Army

Tags: