Author Topic: Have you tried any of these sodas?  (Read 297 times)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Have you tried any of these sodas?
« on: September 27, 2020, 06:44:32 am »
Have you tried any of these sodas?  If so, share out!

Abali Yogurt Soda     (Persian, made with yogurt)

Topo Sabores     (Tamarin flavor, Mexico)

Pink Ting Soda.  (Jamaica, grapefruit)

Irn Bru.             (Scotland)

Sangari Ramune.     (Japan, multiple flavors)     
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Gertrude

• Trudie
  • Family
Re: Have you tried any of these sodas?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 09:41:34 am »
Irn Bru. Tastes like bazooka bubble gum. Not what I was expecting. Ever have Moxie?

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2020, 06:22:09 pm »
Irn Bru. Tastes like bazooka bubble gum. Not what I was expecting. Ever have Moxie?

I have not.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline CaelaNotKayla

• Everyone needs a little glam sometime!
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2020, 09:17:32 pm »
Ramune is a regular visitor to our house!

The World of Coca-Cola in Atlanta, GA, USA has a tasting room wher you can try their brands from all over the world- including some that are the Coca-Cola Company's version of those you have listed.

Caela.

My Blog Thread - The Chronicles of Caela

In a sky full of people, only some want to fly. Isn't that crazy? - Seal

Online JanePlain

• This road has a few bumps I wasn't expecting.
  • Janes not here!
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2020, 12:05:13 pm »
I have to mention my addiction to Sun Drop soda... Sort of Regional so if your not in the right location you have to drive to the next state over or have it shipped. Thankfully I have a Grocery store that knows I'm one of those "sundrop freaks" and keeps it in stock.
"This world is but canvas to our imaginations.
Henry David Thoreau - (1817-1862)

Offline SarahEL

• Oh no, I have said too much, I haven't said enough...
  • Friend
  • That's me in the corner.... That's me in the photo
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2020, 02:18:21 pm »
I have to mention my addiction to Sun Drop soda... Sort of Regional so if your not in the right location you have to drive to the next state over or have it shipped. Thankfully I have a Grocery store that knows I'm one of those "sundrop freaks" and keeps it in stock.

SunDrop? really?.... I thought 'WE" agreed it's Lemon Tea for you from now on JP! hahaha!!... ;D ;D

I like Irn Bru and Tizer (which I think is similar..)
but I drink gallons of Pepsi Max Cherry... mmmmmmmmm
Oh, life is bigger,  It's bigger Than you and you are not me
The lengths that I will go to.  The distance in your eyes

R.E.M. - Losing My Religion

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2020, 02:55:03 pm »
Irn Bru, I had my first one during a trip to Durness, Scotland.

Funny UK soda fact, there's a "fat tax" here on sugary drinks. Coke didn't want to change their formula because they remember the New Coke debacle. So because the UK hates our high fructose corn syrup, they load their soft drinks with "healthy" sweeteners like sucralose. Now call me a stickler, but I'd rather subject my body to sugar than chemicals.... I'm funny that way.  :laugh:
Veteran, US Army

Offline Gertrude

• Trudie
  • Family
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2020, 03:36:03 pm »

Funny UK soda fact, there's a "fat tax" here on sugary drinks. Coke didn't want to change their formula because they remember the New Coke debacle. So because the UK hates our high fructose corn syrup, they load their soft drinks with "healthy" sweeteners like sucralose. Now call me a stickler, but I'd rather subject my body to sugar than chemicals.... I'm funny that way.  :laugh:

I had really hoped I would like it. Oh well. Soda companies are now offering soda with cane sugar again and where I live in AZ they have Mexican coke in glass bottles that uses cane sugar. I used to like Dublin Dr Pepper. It was like the origin DP plant and made with real sugar, but the parent company shut them down from making a competing product. Moxie is an acquired taste...

Offline Ann Jolene

• Puts a face on for the crowd
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2020, 04:18:29 pm »

I've tried the Topo Sabores Tamarind. However I prefer their grapefruit flavor with some chili pepper sprinkled in   
  for a bit of a kick!!
                                   Ann
Mae'n anodd byw mewn byd sy mor bel o fod yn berffaith!

Ymlaen rydyn ni'n mynd!

🍍🍍🍍

Offline Gertrude

• Trudie
  • Family
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2020, 04:24:49 pm »
  I've tried the Topo Sabores Tamarind. However I prefer their grapefruit flavor with some chili pepper sprinkled in   
  for a bit of a kick!!
                                   Ann

I've had the Jarritos Tamarindo. It was pretty good.

Online JanePlain

• Janes not here!
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2020, 05:21:07 pm »
SunDrop? really?.... I thought 'WE" agreed it's Lemon Tea for you from now on JP! hahaha!!... ;D ;D

I like Irn Bru and Tizer (which I think is similar..)
but I drink gallons of Pepsi Max Cherry... mmmmmmmmm

Ack! Caught by the love of my life drinking possibly the worst possible soda heath wise... Yes dear... (Rapidly hiding cans)

Online JanePlain

• Janes not here!
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2020, 05:28:53 pm »

There was a sweetener used that got banned but the bottle makers had some time to dump their stock. My sister was crazy for Fresca and bought so many cases of it that I thought "This is how many you have to drink to get cancer"

A friend told me that he was flying to Minneapolis and asked for a diet coke. The gent sitting next to him said, "No he doesn't. Get him a regular coke." My friend was irritated at this change in his order and asked what the deal was. He was told that the sweetener was like a poison for you brain and caused headaches etc. That if he gave that stuff to his kids he should be locked up." then he claimed to work for Coke?!? Anyway two people who were big diet coke fans and had regular migrains were talked into drinking something else and... No more headaches.

Is that for real? I don't know but would I be surprised? No. All these artifical chemicals are just waiting for someone to test them enough and we find out they are bad. I put actual sugar in my iced tea (Looking around to see if SarahEL is listening) and squeeze real lemons into it. (Secretly chugs a Sun Drop Soda) Shushhhh... Don't rat me out!

Offline Anastasia

• Friend
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2020, 02:41:27 am »
I must be in sundrop country- most stores stock plenty!

I love Mexican coke. About 10, 12 years ago I worked for a grocery store. I was talking to my coke rep about him bringing in more of the Mexican Coke. We were out on the sales floor and he told me that they would be getting in a small truckload of Mexican coke in a couple of days if it wasn't stopped at the border. Keep in mind this was at the peak of Mexicandrug cartel violence. On of my customers heard this and the way she scampered off the aisle she must of thought we were discussing Mexican coke(aine).

My kids really like Mexican coke too, but it is a lot more expensive. The decided they would rather we buy 1 4pk of the Mexican coke than a twelve pack for the week. They also noticed they weren't still thirsty after drinking the bottle of coke. I've noticed that ants aren't attracted to high fructose sweetened cola spills like they are to sugar spills.

I don't like any of the artificial sweetners, but some of the science/conclusions/politics with saccharine were very questionable. The amounts of saccharine given to the test animals was equivalent to drinking 5 TRAINCARS of soda per day for 8-10 years. A train car holds about 4 truckloads of product. Drinking that much of anything will cause problems.

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2020, 02:58:38 am »
Anastasia, it's the same with safrole, the banned ingredient in root beer. If you drank enough to hit the levels that the rats were exposed to, you'd look like a brown waterfall.  :laugh:
Veteran, US Army

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2020, 06:49:41 am »
I love Mexican Coke as well, because it reminds me how Coca-Cola in the United States used to taste before they switched over to corn syrup in the 1970s/1980s. Fortunately, it’s pretty easy to get Mexican Coke these days. Unfortunately, the prices for Mexican Coke are astronomical, but that’s ok because I only drink a soda once or twice a month.

Sarah

I love Mexican coke. About 10, 12 years ago I worked for a grocery store. I was talking to my coke rep about him bringing in more of the Mexican Coke. We were out on the sales floor and he told me that they would be getting in a small truckload of Mexican coke in a couple of days if it wasn't stopped at the border. Keep in mind this was at the peak of Mexicandrug cartel violence. On of my customers heard this and the way she scampered off the aisle she must of thought we were discussing Mexican coke(aine).

My kids really like Mexican coke too, but it is a lot more expensive. The decided they would rather we buy 1 4pk of the Mexican coke than a twelve pack for the week. They also noticed they weren't still thirsty after drinking the bottle of coke. I've noticed that ants aren't attracted to high fructose sweetened cola spills like they are to sugar spills.

I don't like any of the artificial sweetners, but some of the science/conclusions/politics with saccharine were very questionable. The amounts of saccharine given to the test animals was equivalent to drinking 5 TRAINCARS of soda per day for 8-10 years. A train car holds about 4 truckloads of product. Drinking that much of anything will cause problems.
----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2020, 05:13:13 am »

Pepsi makes it soda in some places with sugar and not corn syrup.

Chrissy

Online JanePlain

• Janes not here!
« Reply #16 on: Today at 04:53:26 pm »

There was a period where it was difficult to find Sundrop where I lived but a Bottler in the state made the stuff. I truly love pop (soda) in a real glass bottle and phoned the bottler. Before I could even ask I was told "YES you can drive here and buy it by the case. Are you one of the Sundrop freaks or (some other soda)  I admitted I was a Sundrop freak and was told, "You DO know its a 5 hour drive to get here right?"  Well... NO I didn't know that and while I'm a freak for Sundrop I'm not THAT much of a freak so I never went.  Hummm... Wonder if Sarah wants to take a vacation?

Tags: