Author Topic: What are you having for dinner? 4.0  (Read 33749 times)

Offline Linde

• Full time for some time
Re: What are you having for dinner? 4.0
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2019, 08:08:06 am »
Last night, fish and chips (honest to god, the best part of being in the UK  :)
You are lucky!  It is Ok here a the Gulf of Mexico, but most places serve less fish dinners than I was hoping for!

Offline TonyaW

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2019, 08:14:02 am »
Last night, fish and chips (honest to god, the best part of being in the UK  :) ), tonight it's sausage and mixed vegetables.
One of my favorites was how well a pint of a nice cask ale paired so well with the fish and chips.  Been almost 13 years since we visited.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2019, 08:30:04 am »
Last night, fish and chips (honest to god, the best part of being in the UK  :) ), tonight it's sausage and mixed vegetables.
One of my favorites was how well a pint of a nice cask ale paired so well with the fish and chips.  Been almost 13 years since we visited.

Did they still serve it in newspaper then?
Veteran, US Army

Offline TonyaW

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2019, 10:10:17 am »

Did they still serve it in newspaper then?
Yup. With mushy peas on the side

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Offline BlueJaye

• Family
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2019, 12:43:09 pm »
Snowy day. Soup and sandwiches for lunch. Chili tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2019, 04:52:05 pm »
Finished of the salmon masala and the last of the veg, chicken, leek and mushroom pie tomorrow
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2019, 05:00:44 pm »
Leftover ribeye steak.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Linde

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2019, 05:29:48 pm »
I will have Thai chicken with green curry sauce.  I will use chestnuts as a starch with it.

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2019, 01:37:57 pm »
Well had the chicken mushroom and leek pie, also made a stilton and broccoli quiche and did a slow cooker chicken and veg stew  and had a spoon full with the pie.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2019, 01:47:51 pm »
Megan's Malicious Mexican chili over rice.  :)
Veteran, US Army

Offline Linde

« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2019, 02:12:12 pm »
Am invited to a vernissage tonight of new exhibits of Marcus Jansen (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Jansen).
His mother is my best friend.  I will have the typical vernissage food and drinks!

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2019, 03:48:24 pm »

Chili sounds good
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Colleen_definitely

« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2019, 05:58:21 pm »

Could you swipe the recipe please?  I'm dying to see what Brits do for Mexican.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2019, 06:02:24 pm »
I am thinking of making some chili this evening.

Chrissy

Colleen_definitely

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2019, 07:01:13 pm »
I'm doing a pasta dish.  I guess you could call it Italian stir fry.

Brown up some Italian sausage, out of the casing or just buy it loose.  Hot or mild, whichever.

Dice 2 bell peppers, a medium red onion, one bunch of green onions, and 2 heads of garlic. Saute them in olive oil with sliced mushrooms.  Saute until the onions and peppers start to soften, but aren't mushy.  Throw in the sausage, and add four diced roma tomatoes, fresh basil, oregano, and anything else you'd like, salt to taste and cook until the tomatoes get soft.  Cover while you boil the pasta.

Boil up some paste of your liking (I like farfalle for this one) and toss it into the mess you just made in the other pan.  Mix/toss it thoroughly, toss it on a plate, and throw a bunch of shredded Parmesan cheese on top. 

Offline stephaniec

• SPARTA Trans Veterans AKA Stephaniec ( Garbo ) Diabla
  • Family
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2019, 07:24:25 pm »
roast beef sandwich and corn chex

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2019, 07:33:37 am »
I'm doing a pasta dish.  I guess you could call it Italian stir fry.

Brown up some Italian sausage, out of the casing or just buy it loose.  Hot or mild, whichever.

Dice 2 bell peppers, a medium red onion, one bunch of green onions, and 2 heads of garlic. Saute them in olive oil with sliced mushrooms.  Saute until the onions and peppers start to soften, but aren't mushy.  Throw in the sausage, and add four diced roma tomatoes, fresh basil, oregano, and anything else you'd like, salt to taste and cook until the tomatoes get soft.  Cover while you boil the pasta.

Boil up some paste of your liking (I like farfalle for this one) and toss it into the mess you just made in the other pan.  Mix/toss it thoroughly, toss it on a plate, and throw a bunch of shredded Parmesan cheese on top.

I will need to try this out.

When I do not have the veggies around or simply want to add seasoning, I use something like Mrs. Dash from the shake bottle, it adds ground spices and veggies as a seasoning.  There are different varieties of Mrs. Dash.  This does not substitute for eating any veggies of course but it makes some vegetable dishes even more tasty.

Chrissy

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2019, 07:35:03 am »
I ended up having steelhead trout last night.
I will make up a batch of chili soon.

Chrissy

Offline Julielynn

« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2019, 10:38:57 am »
Ghoulash with pasta made from chickpeas.  Ok, it's amazingly good for carb free.  Second time I made it.

Offline BlueJaye

• Family
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2019, 10:46:04 am »
Ghoulash with pasta made from chickpeas.  Ok, it's amazingly good for carb free.  Second time I made it.

I didn’t know anyone outside of Cedar Rapids ate goulash. Growing up in a predominantly Czech and Slovak city, you could always find goulash being served. I’m not sure why the Czechs and Slovaks brought that dish with them since it didn’t actually originate from Czech and Slovak culture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags: